The University of Nottingham is among the best universities in the UK that provides students with a wide range of courses delivered through an excellent faculty. It has been ranked among the top 100 universities in the world for academics and research. To provide ease and encourage international students for their study abroad dreams, the university has introduced the South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award to eligible students who possess outstanding merit and wish to pursue their Masters in the UK. Check the following blog for more details about the scheme and other requirements.
This Blog Includes:
|Institution||University of Nottingham|
|Study Level||Postgraduate Programs|
|Amount||£4,000 or £8,000|
|Application Deadline||May 21, 2021|
|Number of Awards||15|
|Eligibility||Graduate from any South Asian country|
Eligibility Criteria for South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award
Applicants must check the eligibility criteria to enroll for the South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award and avail of its benefits:
- Candidates must be domicile holders of any of the following countries: India, Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka.
- Candidates must be classed as overseas students for tuition fee reasons.
- Students can choose from any of the postgraduate programs at the University of Nottingham. (including MRes).
- Candidates must hold an offer to start a full-time postgraduate course in any subject offered by the university for September or October 2021 intakes.
- Applicants must not be receiving any scholarship or financial aid that exceeds 100% tuition fees when combined from the academic school or an external source.
Requirements for Indian Students
The following is a checklist for Indian nationals who wish to apply for the South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award:
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and must hold a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 6.0/10.
- Students must provide English proficiency test scores of IELTS or TOEFL.
- Students must provide scanned copies of the academic transcripts and other supporting documents.
Application Process for South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award
To apply for the South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award, students must have received an offer for studying a full-time postgraduate (including MRes) at the University of Nottingham:
- Applicants must have completed the form submission through the online portal.
- Applicants who hold an offer for Masters’s taught courses or (MRes) can apply through the website or email at email@example.com
- Students must carefully answer the questions and provide details about their study plan, achievements, and also express the purpose of pursuing a Masters’s in the University of Nottingham.
The Selection Procedure will be conducted on the following factors:
- The selection will be done based on a complete assessment of the application considering the responses and academic merit of the students.
- Students will be offered a scholarship amount depending on the quality, subject for study, and strength of the application.
- Selected students will be contacted by early July 2021 to get confirmation regarding the results of their application.
Benefits of South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award
Selected students will receive a certain amount of fee-waiver which will be deducted from the tuition fees charged to the student at the University of Nottingham. The administration will not pay the tuition fee scholarships directly to the candidates:
- Excellent candidates students who are studying for masters courses in the Faculty of Engineering are eligible for a scholarship amount of £6,500 or £12,000.
- Other candidates studying a full-time master’s are provided a tuition fee of £4,000 or £8,000
Check Out – Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
Hope this blog helped you understand the essential details of the South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award provided by the University of Nottingham. If you have any doubts regarding the scholarship procedure, reach out to the team at Leverage Edu who can guide you and answer your queries. Sign up for a free session.