Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is conducted by the Symbiosis International University for admission to various MBA and PGDM programmes offered at its several affiliated institutes. SNAP Exam is conducted across 90 cities of India. SNAP 2021 exam dates will be released soon and the registration will begin in the month of August 2021 for one of the top MBA colleges in India. If you are planning to pursue management courses from any of the institutes under Symbiosis International University, here is a blog that aims to bring all the details about SNAP 2021 eligibility, exam pattern, important dates and syllabus!
|Name of the Exam||Symbiosis National Aptitude 2021|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University|
|Exam Duration||1 hour|
This Blog Includes:
SNAP 2021 Dates
Symbiosis International University will be announcing dates for the SNAP exam in August 2021. To give you an idea of the different notifications of this exam, here is a table listing down the tentative dates:
|Events||SNAP 2021 Dates|
|Registration Begins||August 2021|
|Registration Ends||November 2021|
|Admit Card Available||December 2021|
|SNAP 2021 Exam Date||December 2021- January 2021|
|SNAP Result Announcement||January 2021|
Those planning to apply for MBA/PGDM programmes offered by the Symbiosis affiliated institutes need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to appear for the SNAP exam:
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3-years duration with 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) from a recognized institution.
- Final year students are eligible to apply for the SNAP exam, but their admission will be provisional until the submission of passing certificate.
- For international students, the essential prerequisite is that they need to obtain a certificate of equivalence from the AIU, i.e. Association of Indian Universities.
How to Register?
Following is the stepwise guide to register for SNAP 2020:
- Step 1 – Fill the application Part I online. Add your personal and academic details, along with your phone number and email id. Verify both of them and proceed further to the next step
- Step 2 – The next part of SNAP registration is paying the test fees. In order to that, you need to select a suitable mode of payment and move ahead with the process. The fees is INR 1,750/- per test (non-refundable/non-transferable)
- Step 3 – After doing this, you will be eligible to fill the Part II of the form where you have to choose the institute and course of choice as per the availability.
- Step 4 – Next step is to pay the fees for the selected program/programs which is INR 1,000/- (non- refundable and non-transferable).
SNAP 2021 Payment Methods
- Online payment can be done via billdesk payment gateway
- Another option for online payment is via easebuzz payment gateway
- The last way of online payment is through Indian bank payment gateway
- Candidates who want to opt for offline mode of payment can also submit a demand draft.
SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern
SNAP Exam is conducted in online mode. It contains 60 questions classified into MCQs, which students need to attempt in 120 minutes. Take a look at the following table which enlists the details about the SNAP exam pattern 2021:
|Number of Sections||General English, Analytical & Logical Reasoning & Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency:|
|Marks per Questions||1 mark for each question|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
|Duration of the Exam||60 minutes|
SNAP Marking Scheme
|Section||Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||25||1||25|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||20||1||20|
|Total||60 Questions||60 Marks|
SNAP 2021: Syllabus
Comprising of 3 sections, the SNAP exam 2021 covers a vast syllabus spread across the varied disciplines of English, Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, and Analytical and Logical Reasoning. Let’s understand the section-wise cut-off of marks for this exam through the following table:
Now, let’s delve deeper into what each section of the SNAP exam entails:
This section of the SNAP exam is the combination of Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Ability. Below is the list of topics that are generally covered under General English:
- Reading Comprehension
- Different Usage of words
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Manias and Phobias
- Para Jumbles
- Sentence Correction and Completion
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms and Phrases
- Different Usage of the Same Word
Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
Considered as one of the toughest sections of all three, the Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency category needs rigorous preparation and consistent practice to score well. The topics covered in this section of the SNAP exam pattern have been tabulated below:
|Number System||Percentages||Simple and Compound Interest||Speed, Time and Distance|
|LCM and HCF||Profit and Loss||Averages||Ratio and Proportion|
|Linear and Quadratic Equation||Probability||Progressions- AP, GP, HP||Permutations and Combinations|
|Sets and Functions||Inequalities||Coordinate Geometry||Trigonometry|
|Calendar and Clock||Data Interpretations related texts||Logarithms||Vectors|
|Work, Pipes and Cisterns||Graphs, Charts and Tables related questions||Venn Diagrams|
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
For the last section of Analytical and Logical Reasoning in the SNAP exam, the topics you need to cover are as follows:
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Statement and Conclusion
- Cause and Effects
- Symbol-based Questions
- Family Tree (Identifying relationships among groups of people)
- Assertion and Reasoning
SNAP MBA programmes
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
- Master of Business Administration (Information Technology)
- Master of Business Administration (Digital Transformation)
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Digital & Telecom Management)
- Master of Business Administration (Communication Management)
- Master of Business Administration (Information Technology Business Management)
- Master of Business Administration (Hospital and Healthcare Management)
- Master of Business Administration (Banking and Finance)
- Master of Business Administration (Sports Management)
- MBA (Business Analytics)
- MBA (Communication Management)
- Master of Business Administration (Infrastructure Development and Management)
- Master of Business Administration (Business Analytics)
- Master of Business Administration (Agri-Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Energy and Environment)
- Master of Business Administration (Operations Management)
- Master of Business Administration (Data Sciences & Data Analytics)
- MBA (Quantitative Finance)
- MBA (Leadership and Strategy)
Check out: Different MBA Streams!
- SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
- SCMHRD (Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development) Pune
- SIIB (Symbiosis Institute of International Business), Pune
- SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management) Bangalore
- SSMC (Symbiosis School of Management & Communication, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) Nashik
- SICSR (Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research) Pune
- SIDTM (Symbiosis Institute of Digital And Telecom Management), Pune
- SIMS (Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies), Pune
- SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), Hyderabad
- SSBF (Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance), Pune
- SSIMC (Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication) Pune
- SCIT (Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology), Pune
- SIHS (Symbiosis Institute of Health Science), Pune
- SSS (Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences), Pune
- SIBM (Symbiosis Institute Of Business Management) Nagpur
Must Read: Indian MBA vs Foreign MBA!
SNAP is an MBA entrance exam conducted as a gateway to16 Premium Institutes of Symbiosis. The exam has 3 sections.
To apply for SNAP 2021, you need to visit the official website of the university and register by making an account, adding personal and academic details, followed by paying the examination fee.
SNAP is considered to be easier than CAT, GRE or GMAT.
No, GK has been removed from the SNAP 2021 exam pattern. However, it was a part of the exam earlier.
Also Read: What Can You Do With an MBA Qualification?
Thus, we hope that you got to learn about the essentials of the SNAP exam through this detailed blog. Pursuing your MBA abroad holds the ultimate potential of equipping you with immense international exposure into your field of study. Let our Leverage Edu experts guide you in choosing the right specialization for your MBA degree as well as a suitable institution that can provide you with the necessary knowledge and exposure to sail further towards your dream career.