Are you all set to make a career in Law? Are you Wondering how to become a Lawyer and want to pursue LLB from Symbiosis? Then this is the choice blog for you because it will cover the intricate details of Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT Exam). This is an entrance exam that is conducted by Symbiosis International Deemed University every year for admissions in BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.). Their campuses are in Pune, Noida, Hyderabad and Nagpur.
This Blog Includes:
SLAT Exam 2021- Overview
|Name of the exam||Symbiosis Law School Admission Test/ SLAT|
|Exam type||Entrance test for UG law courses|
|Exam Mode||Online (RPP mode)|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Programs offered||BA LLBBBA LLB|
SLAT Exam 2021- Important Dates
It is essential for kids to understand that important dates play an essential role in making a plan of action to clear any competitive exam. Here is a timeline of events that are to subject to the SLAT 2021 exam:
|SLAT 2021 notification||February 18, 2021|
|Release of application form||February 18, 2021|
|SLAT 2021 fee payment starts||February 18, 2021|
|Last date to submit the SLAT 2021 application form||June 04, 2021|
|SLAT admit card||June 14, 2021|
|SLAT 2021 exam date||June 27, 2021|
|SLAT 2021 result||July 08, 2021|
|SLAT counselling 2021||June 2021 onwards|
|SLAT merit list (final)||To be announced soon|
Eligibility criteria are to be kept in mind while applying for SLAT Exam 2021. Enlisted below are the mandatory conditions that are to be fulfilled by all the aspirants:
- Candidates who have cleared class 12th qualifying examination from any national or state board of education with a minimum of 45% marks for general and 40% for SC/ST category.
- For BA LLB (Hons.) – Applicants should have studied Arts or Social Science subjects.
- For BBA LLB (Hons.) – Candidates should have studied Commerce/ Mathematics/ Science subjects.
- There is no age limit for appearing in the SLAT 2021 exam.
SLAT 2021 Registration Process
Leverage Edu has formulated a stepwise registration process for you, have a look:
- Visit the official website set-test.org and click on ‘Apply now’.
- Click ‘Register’ and then fill the form.
- Enter your details- name, mobile number, email id and category along with preferred city for the exam.
- Upload your scanned coloured passport size photo and mind the specifications.
- Click on ‘Save and Continue’.
- You will get a provisionary email ID and password on your registered mail ID
- Log in with that ID and Password. You will see the application window.
- Fill in your name, educational qualifications, date of birth, address and programme of choice.
- Check all information before confirming it. Then choose the mode of payment and pay the registration fee.
The registration fee for the exam would be INR 1750 and this amount is non-refundable and non-transferable. Along with it, you will have to pay INR 1000 more for specific courses.
SLAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Knowing the exam pattern and syllabus well can help you crack this exam with ease and perfection. Thus, we have mentioned both in detail below:
|Particulars||Old Pattern||New Pattern|
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online remote-proctored testing (RPT) mode|
|Type of Questions||Objective-based/ MCQs||Objective-based/ MCQs|
|Total number of questions||150||90|
|Time given||2.5 hours||2 hours|
SLAT 2021 syllabus
|Subjects||Topics to be Covered|
|English||VocabularyAntonyms & Synonyms, Spelling correctionGrammar – Tense, Part of speechIdioms and PhrasesAnalogiesOne-word SubstitutionSentence Improvement and rearrangementErrors detectionEnglish Comprehension etc|
|General knowledge and Current affairs||HistoryEconomicsGeographyInternational bodiesCurrent events of national and international importanceSports, Awards, and HonorsNew appointments|
|Analytical reasoning||Elementary mathsAlgebraProfit & lossPercentageTime, Distance and Work etcAverage|
|Legal Reasoning||Legal termsFundamental rights, Duties, DPSPHistory of Indian ConstitutionParliament, Judiciary, Executive and legislatureLaw of Torts, Contracts law, IPC, CrPCLiabilityIntellectual property rightsImportant Acts and lawsLegal events in the current scenario|
|Logical reasoning||Sets and statementsArguments and conclusionsPuzzleBlood relationSeriesSyllogism|
Subject Wise Marks Distribution For SLAT 2021
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Colleges Accepting SLAT
As the SLAT Exam is conducted to offer integrated LLB courses to aspirants in different campuses of Symbiosis. Here is a breakdown of the course and seats in different campuses of Symbiosis:
|College||Courses Offered||Total Seats|
|Symbiosis Law School, Pune||BBA LLB (Hons.)|
BA LLB (Hons.)
|Symbiosis Law School, Noida||BBA LLB|
|Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad||BBA LLB|
|Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur||BBA LLB|
If you want to explore the domain of higher studies abroad then consider getting in touch with Leverage Edu. Book an e-meeting with our counsellors for free and get all your career-related queries sorted!