SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test) for Design or SEED is conducted every year by Symbiosis International University. It offers admission for BDes aspirants at Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID). This exam is conducted every year for students across India who wish to pursue BDes at SID. If you are an aspirant who wishes to pursue BDes at SID and want to know more about SEED, you are at the right place. In this blog we shall discuss the SID SEED Exam. Read on to find out more.
Also Read: Design Entrance Exams In India
This Blog Includes:
|Name of Exam||Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration||2 hours 30 mins|
|Accepting Colleges||4 colleges|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
SID SEED Eligibility Criteria
Before seeking admission for BDes at SID through SEED, aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria of the exam. We have listed the same below:
- Cleared Class 12 (from any stream; e.g.: Science, Commerce, Arts, etc.) or equivalent from a recognized board.
- 10+3 diploma approved by the State Board of Technical Education with minimum 50% aggregate marks must have been cleared by aspirants (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).
For international students: Admission for international students is through the Symbiosis International Office. To know more about the detailed admission procedure, log on to the website http://scie.ac.in/or send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Read: NIFT Entrance Exam 2021
SID SEED Admission Procedure
To successfully secure admission at SID, aspirants need to follow a few steps carefully, listed below:
- Register for SEED: Aspirants must check the website regularly to know when the application form is out and then fill it up carefully.
- Apply Online: After registering, aspirants must fill up the application form with the required details and upload the necessary documents.
- Book slot for PI: Aspirants have to login to the official website and book their preferred SEED slot for the PI round.
- SEED Admit Card: Aspirants are then supposed to download their admit card from the official website and take a clear print of the admit card. The SEED admits card has: the candidate’s full name, roll number and centre details. Aspirants are requested to paste the latest passport-sized coloured photograph on the admit card at the required place.
- Appear for SEED Exam: After successfully completing all the above-mentioned steps, aspirants must take the exam scheduled on the day. The duration of which is 2 and a half hours. However, it must be noted that the SEED 2021 exam stands cancelled and aspirants only need to appear for the PI round.
- Final Merit List Declaration: SEED results are announced on a given date as notified by SIU on the official website based on the aspirant’s performance in the rounds.
Also Read: AIEED Exam 2021
SEED 2021 exam stands cancelled as declared by the authorities. However, we have given a basic idea of the exam pattern below:
- Entrance Test (exam score scaled down to 40 marks) – 40
- PI – 20
- Studio Test – 40
- Total – 100
After qualifying for the SEED, aspirants need to appear for the Studio Test round at the SID Pune campus.
- Types of Questions – Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Marking Scheme – no negative marking and +1 for correct answers
- Total Questions- 150
Courses Offered by SID
SEED conducted by SID offers BDes course across disciplines like:
- Graphic Design
- Video Film Design
- Interior Space Design
- Fashion Design and Fashion Communication
- Animation Film Design
- User Experience Design
- Product Design
Also Read: UCEED 2021
Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED) is a design aptitude test conducted by Symbiosis International University to offer admissions to aspirants in BDes programmes offered at Symbiosis Institute of Design
SID SEED exam has been cancelled. Candidates only have to appear for portfolio review and personal interaction round to secure admission in design courses offered at SID Pune and SSPAD Nagpur.
SEED has just one section. The section contains 150 questions that evaluate candidates based on their design aptitude
The SID SEED exam is based on objective type questions and evaluates candidates in areas like – colour, geometry, creative thinking abilities and awareness of Indian culture, visual observations, general design awareness, craft, traditions. So, this was all about the SID SEED Exam. For more such informative content, stay connected to Leverage Edu!