SERB-NPDF is propelled by the purpose to identify young and motivated researchers who aim to conduct their own research in the domain of Science and Engineering. Through the National Post Doctoral Fellowship or SERB-NPDF, they will be provided with the needed support and mentoring to carry out the same. Read this blog to know all about SERB-NPDF.
This Blog Includes:
What is SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship?
The aim of SERB-NPDF is elucidated below as follows-
- It aims at identifying young and motivated researchers in the field of science and engineering
- It provides them with proper mentorship which will help them in becoming a skilled and independent researcher in future.
The eligibility criteria of SERB-NPDF is given below-
- The applicant must be an Indian Citizen
- The applicant must have obtained an M.D./M.S./Ph.D from a recognized university and those who have submitted their M.D./M.S./Ph.D thesis and are waiting for their degree are eligible to apply for SERB-NPDF but will receive a lower fellowship amount
- The upper age limit to apply for this is 35 years and an age relaxation of 5 years will be given to applicants belonging from SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged and Women Candidates.
- SERB-NPDF can be availed only once by the applicants in their respective careers
- The mentor should hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized University and have a PhD in either Science or Engineering.
- A mentor shall not have more than two SERB-NPDF fellows at any given time
- Applicants of NPDF, SRG, EMR can submit their proposal only once in a calendar year in any of the given schemes
The nature of support that will be given to the applicants is
|Fellowship||Rupees 55000 per month to those who have
completed their degree and 35000 per month to those
who have submitted their thesis but the degree is yet to be awarded
|Research Grant||Rupees 2,00,000 per annum|
|Overheads||Rupees 1,00,000 per annum|
Terms And Conditions
The terms and Conditions of SERB-NPDF are given below-
- The fellowship is tenable only in India and can be implemented in any of the recognized Academic Institutions, National Laboratories and other R&D recognized institutions.
- The fellows will not be allowed to work with the Ph.D. guide/co-guide. It is also normally not availed at the same Department/institution where the candidates have earned their PhD/M.S/M.D degree.
- It is a temporary assignment for a time period of 2 years.
Documents required in order to apply for SERB-NPDF must be in the prescribed PDF format-
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Endorsement certificate from the Mentor and Host Institute
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant
- CV of Mentor
- Plagiarism Undertaking
SERB-NPDF Important Dates
The important date to be kept in mind is 2nd June 2021 5:00pm as it is the deadline for the interested applicants to submit their proposals.
The selection process of SERB NPDF is explained below-
- The call for applications will be notified through this website.
- The application form along with the research proposal and objectives of the research proposal must be submitted through their website
- Afterwards, applicants will be asked to identify and select their mentor.
- The selection will be based upon the recommendation of the expert committee which is constituted by the board and candidates can also be called for a Personal Interview, if needed
Mode of Application
The mode of application for SERB-NPDF is online and it is explained below-
- The applicants should first register online through http://www.serbonline.in/
- After successfully registering, applicants will log infill in details like Name, Institute Address under the profile detail section
- The project title should be of maximum 500 characters, Project Summary (3000 characters), the outcome of the proposal (1500 characters) etc.
- The Work Methodology and Research Plan must be submitted in a pdf format and should be of a maximum of 3 pages.
Contact Details for SERB-NPDF
Contact details have been mentioned below-
For General Enquiries
For Program Related Information
Read about Other Post-Doctoral Fellowships
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships to Study in Canada
- Top Post Doctoral Fellowships You Should Know About
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Humboldt Fellowship 2021
All the budding Researchers out there, what are you waiting for? Seize the opportunity and make your mark with your work and hope you found this blog about SERB-NPDF pretty insightful and informative. For converting all your study abroad dreams into reality, reach out to us at Leverage Edu in order to reach your Dream University