Is studying in UK your dream? Have you been worrying about getting admission to the coming academic sessions in universities in the UK? If you answered with a yes to the former questions, then this blog is just for you! The month of September is just right for those students who need some more time in completing their education before they enter universities or are in the process of arranging their student visas. We are here with this blog to give you all relevant information related to the September intake in the UK.
This Blog Includes:
- Study in UK Latest News 2023
- Why Choose September Intake in UK?
- Top UK Universities Offering September Intake 2022
- Steps To Apply For September Intake
- Application Essentials
- Universities Taking September Intakes
- Other Universities
Must Read: Honest Study in UK Reviews
Study in UK Latest News 2023
- India and UK have entered into an agreement recognising each other’s higher educational qualifications in an MoU signed by both countries on 21 July 2022.
- As per UCAS, the application rate for 18-year-olds from disadvantaged neighbourhoods in the UK has increased from 27% in 2021 to nearly 29%. Further, a record high overall application rate of 44.1% has also been reported. Over 683,650 students had submitted 3,049,000 applications via UCAS by 30 June 2022.
- Times Higher Education (THE) has revealed that the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras and the University of Birmingham have come together to offer joint-degree programmes. The programmes on offer will be 2-year master’s in Energy Systems, Data Science, and Biomedical Engineering.
- UK’s exchange program named “Turing Scheme” will benefit more than 38,000 students to study and work abroad during the 2022/23 academic year.
- London has surfaced as the best city for students in the QS Best Student Cities Rankings 2023 published on 29 June. London has received an Overall Score of 100, scoring high on factors such as Student View, Student Mix and Rankings, while receiving a low score on affordability.
- The UK government has announced 75 fully-funded scholarships for Indian students to study in the UK. The scholarships have been announced to mark 75 years of Indian independence.
Why Choose September Intake in UK?
September Intake in UK is considered the main intake in the country. It is suitable for most candidates. The reasons why you should opt for September intake in UK are listed below:
- The majority of universities offer all the courses during the September intake.
- The academic records, academic transcripts, and exam scores are available before September making it easy to apply.
- The class size is larger during September Intake, making the acceptance rate higher.
- You have a better chance of taking part in job fairs and campus recruitments due to more experience than January Intake students.
Top UK Universities Offering September Intake 2022
Following is the list of universities in UK offering September intakes:
|University||QS World Rankings 2023|
|University of Oxford||#4|
|University of Cambridge||#2|
|Imperial College of London||#6|
|University of Edinburgh||#15|
|University of Manchester||#28|
|Kings College of London||#35|
|University of Bristol||#61|
|University of Warwick||#64|
Steps To Apply For September Intake
International students seeking admission in the UK can apply through UCAS. We have made a step-by-step process for both Undergraduate and postgraduate courses application process.
- Create an Account on UCAS Portal
- Fill out the Application form
- Pay the application fees
- Track the application status
If you wish to apply for the September intake in UK, then you must keep your documents ready beforehand. We have listed below the application essentials:
- Personal Statement
- Letter Of Recommendation
- Academic Transcripts / Degree Certificate (with English translations, if required)
- Proof of English proficiency (Score of IELTS, TOEFL, etc.)
- Work Samples
Universities Taking September Intakes
There are certain universities in the UK which are well established and popular amongst students, which are accepting September intake in the UK. They are mentioned below:
Aston University is a top-class public research University in England. It is situated in the centre of Birmingham city in England. The University campus expands over an area of 60 acres. The campus has sports centres, swimming pools, gyms, cafes, and health centres for the students. Other than theoretical sessions, the university emphasizes the practical learning of students. Skill development programs are carried out to inculcate dexterity for leading-edge technologies among students. It is one of the top universities accepting September intake in UK. Popular courses offered at Aston University are mentioned below.
- B.Engg Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- B.Engg Design Engineering
- B.Engg Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc. Computer Science with Multimedia
- B.Engg Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- M.Sc. Software Engineering
- M.Sc.Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- M.Sc.Biomedical Sciences
- M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Telecommunication Systems
Next on our list of universities which are taking September intake in UK is Durham University. The University of Durham is a public research university founded in 1832. It holds the 5th rank in the Guardian University Guide Rankings. Durham’s campus has lush 560 acres of estate, a monument that is a part of the UNESCO world heritage site. The university has big and beautiful classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, and enriched libraries. Popular Courses Offered at Durham University
- B.A. Business and Management
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Business and Computer Science
- B.Sc. Biological Sciences
- B.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Management
- M.Sc. Finance in Accounting
- M.Sc. Finance in International Banking
- M.Sc. Communication Engineering
- M.Engg Computer Science
Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU)
Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) was established in 1993. It is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic universities with around 18,000+ students from 90+ countries. Glasgow Caledonian University’s campus also provides a huge range of online databases for students to refer to. There are gyms and medical facilities available on campus to promote health and fitness. Glasgow Caledonian University is taking September intake in UK. Popular Courses Offered at Glasgow Caledonian University
- BA Hons Business Management
- BSc Hons Applied Psychology
- BEng Hons Electrical Power Engineering
- BSc Applied Psychology
- BA Hons International Marketing
- BSc Physiotherapy
- MSc in Computer Science
- Global Master of Business Administration
- MSc International Operation and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Physiotherapy
- MSc Big Data Technologies
Moving on in our list of universities taking September intake in UK, we have Hartpury University. Hartpury was established after World War II. It started as an agricultural education centre with only 50 students. Now the institution has over 3600 students. The campus of Hartpury University has high-class sports facilities and gym facilities. The library has a huge database to inculcate learning. Other amenities provided to the students are the skills simulation suite, crime scene house and several libraries. Popular Courses Offered at Hartpury University
- BEng Aerospace Engineering
- BSc Hons Game Technology
- BA Hons Business and Event Management
- BEng Robotics
- BSc Biomedical Science
- BSc Criminology
- Masters of Business Administration
- MSc Construction Project Management
- MSc International Management
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Business Management
- MSc Software Engineering
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc in Finance
Queen Mary University of London
The Queen Mary University of London is one of the finest UK universities in the world. It is part of the prestigious Russell Group universities committed to high-powered research, educational excellence and quality pedagogy. QMUL is also amongst the most diverse, LGBTQ-friendly universities that offer a range of eclectic programmes for international students in physical as well as online mode. Let’s look at some popular courses open for September Intake 2022:
- BSc in Biochemistry
- BSc in Actuarial Science
- BA in English Literature
- MSc in Accounting and Management
- LLM- Art, Business and Law
- MSc in Artificial Intelligence
- MSc in Big Data Science
- Criminal Justice- LLM
- MSc in Economics
Amongst the top public universities in the UK, Coventry University offers a wide range of courses and programmes at all entry levels for undergraduates as well as postgraduate candidates. Located in one of the best student cities in the world, Coventry University offers world-class facilities, quality education and an opportunity to engage in high-quality research. Here is a list of courses offered for the September Intake 2022:
- BSc in Accountancy
- MA in Interior Design
- MSc in International Business Management
- MSc in Sustainability and Environmental
- MSc in Biomedical Science Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology Pathway
- MSc in Global Healthcare Management
- MSc in Engineering Project Management
- BSc in Biomedical Science
Other than the aforementioned, there are also certain other universities which accept September intake in UK. You can easily apply to these universities. They are mentioned below:
- Liverpool John Moores University
- University of Surrey
- University of Sussex
- University of York
- Bournemouth University
- Kingston University
- City, University of London
- Coventry University
- Cranfield University
- Goldsmiths University of London
This was all about universities accepting September intake in UK. We hope that we have been able to rid you of any confusion you had regarding the same. Do you want to study in UK and need help with the admission procedure? Our experts at Leverage Edu will guide you throughout the process of selecting an ideal program and university and help you with the application procedure as well, paving the road to your success.