“India will grow only when everyone studies.“ Emerging as a new ray of hope, especially for those who were severely hit by the lockdown, Sonu Sood has now announced scholarships under his mother’s name for underprivileged people facing financial restraints in providing their children with the best educational opportunities. Observing the struggle and hardships of underprivileged people and migrants, the actor has gone out of his way many times to help people in their plight. Read the entire story on scholarships by Sonu Sood below!
Also Read: Post Matric Scholarships
About Scholarships by Sonu Sood
This recent venture by Sonu Sood isn’t yet equipped with the right set of Dos and Don’ts. Yet it includes some of the peripheral information about the scheme. “All their expenses, course fees, hostel accommodation, and food- everything will be taken care of by us,” adds Sood. In return, he demands that the students’ annual family income must be less than 2 Lakh rupees and they shall possess a sparkling academic background.
The actor tweeted, “Our capabilities and hard work will decide our future. It does not have anything to do with a financial situation or background. My attempt in this direction, full scholarship for higher education after school so that you excel in life and contribute to the nation’s development.” It is believed that through the upcoming scholarship you can pursue various courses in fields like Engineering, Medicine, Automation and Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Journalism, Fashion, Data Science, and Business Studies.
Also Read: Inlaks Scholarship
List of Scholarships by Sonu Sood
Since Sonu’s mother used to educate students for free in Moga, Punjab, the actor was motivated by his mother to pursue her endeavours. He said, “She had told me to take her work ahead, and I feel that this is the right time.” Thus, the actor has lately tied up with universities and colleges across India through which he will offer the upcoming scholarships under his mother’s name. Listed below are the scholarships launched by him-
Saroj Sood Scholarship
All the scholarships by Sonu Sood, this was the first one to be launched. The scholarship aims to to assess students who want to pursue higher education after class 12th and belong to an economically weaker section. Along with the basic tuition fee, charges like maintenance; food; hostel; travel; etc. will be covered till the duration of the course.
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of India
- The annual income of the family should not exceed INR 2,00,000
- Candidates must have qualified class 12th examination
- The academic record of the applicants should be good
- Education qualification marksheet
- University details
- Degree and course Details
- Income certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Account Details
- Valid Mobile Number
- Valid Email Id
- Hotel Management
- HealthCare Science
- Management Studies
- Computer Applications
- Medical Science
- Other Various General Courses
Sonu Sood Sambhavam Scholarship for IAS Aspirants
Are you an IAS aspirant? Are you searching for how to become an IAS officer? Well, this scholarship by Sonu Sood has your back covered. This scheme is specially open for applicants who are pursuing studies for UPSC exams and are facing financial constraints in funding their coaching. Through this Sambhav Scholarship, you can avail free coaching classes (Online/ Offline) along with mentorship support from pre appeared and selected UPSC candidates for theory exams and interview. Selected students will also be provided with special group sessions for personality development by leading educators of the field.
- Candidates who are preparing for IAS exams only will be allowed to apply for this scheme
- All states’ candidates will be allowed to enrol their names to get this scheme benefit.
- The candidates who have already started IAS coaching in the respective IAS coaching centres will be eligible for this new scholarship programme
- Candidates who are ready to apply for this scheme must have completed their degree or any graduation from a recognized academic institution in India
- Aadhar Card
- Identity Proof
- Residential Proof
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Educational Certificate
- College ID Card
- Students Biodata and CV
- Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Account Details
- Valid Mobile Number
- Valid Email Id
Saksham Scholarship Scheme
The Sonu Sood Charity Foundation in association with Western Indian Regional Council of ICAI along with Media Chutney has launched a free education program for CA aspirants. From coaching to internship, all shall be taken under the scheme ensuring decent placements for the candidates. The official bodies are yet to to give exact details about the scholarship, yet stated below are some important points related to it-
- Priority will be given to students who have lost their parents or earning family members during the covid wave/s
- To be eligible, students should have either cleared CA Foundation/CPT or are pursuing graduation in the Commerce field
- Free Training to selected/shortlisted students will be provided for Internships with CA Firms under the Train Earn Learn Program of WIRC. Placement programmes will be provided for selected students after completion of Training under the TEL program
- Online Coaching for preparation of CA exams shall be provided to selected/shortlisted students, enrolled until 11 am on 31st March 2022
- Coaching and Training will be provided virtually
- WIRC covers the area of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa for implementation of all legs of the program
- Free Coaching shall be provided only for the first attempt of any exam only
- Submitting your entry does not guarantee your selection in any part of the program
- Selected candidates give WIRC, SCF absolute and complete right to use/publish their name, photograph, results, a progress report on any media form – digital or offline
- Selected candidates provide all mandatory documents if and when asked by WIRC or SCF
- Any false information will lead to immediate cancellation of selection
How to Apply for Scholarships by Sonu Sood?
Here are some simple pointers related to it-
- To apply for this scholarship, you have to first go to the official website (https://soodcharityfoundation.org/)
- On the home page, you have to click on the apply option.
- After clicking, the application form will open up
- You have to fill in all the details asked in the application form correctly
- Then,click on submit.
- After clicking, your application will be completed
Sonu Sood on his Hearty Venture
On his aim to set up a scholarship trust for underprivileged, Sonu Sood highlighted, “I was getting so many requests from all over the country for school and college admissions, school fees, laptops, iPhones, etc. I was helping with all that. But I decided that the question of education must be addressed on a more permanent level. There are lots of students who can’t afford their fees in their second year in college and have to miss their exams. Sometimes they are not able to travel from their homes to their places of education.”
Sood said that his team got 14,000 e-mails from students in-need across the country and has gone ahead with filtering their biodata according to their financial backgrounds and academic records including +2 exams. He has planned to select students from all walks of life and across several disciplines like Artificial Intelligence, Airlines, Animation, to name a few. Many organisations in India have lauded his noble endeavours to which Sood added, “Yes, my work is being acknowledged. But it is a very complicated process. It’s not about only getting them educated in a college. It’s about assuring their maintenance, food, hostel, travel, for the next five years. This scholarship scheme is not just to educate the students, it’s also an education for me.”
Sood’s noble efforts came into light especially during the lockdown when he helped thousands of migrants reach their native places by arranging free transportations and meals for them. From helping people get their bread and butter to assisting students in reaching their exam centres for NEET 2020, the actor has incredibly contributed towards lessening the plight of people struck the most by this lockdown. From the adopting three orphan children from Hyderabad to helping 85 years old ‘Warrior Aaji’ establish a martial arts training centre, Sonu Sood has left an undying impression on each and every heart of the country.
Thus, scholarships by Sonu Sood are definitely going to help many in getting the right education. Stay tuned to Leverage Edu for more content around higher education, admission details, study abroad, CBSE notes, news updates and more!