There are various institutions and organisations across the globe which offer numerous fellowships in India to help students polish their leadership and entrepreneurial skills while also devoting themselves towards social development. One such flagship program is offered by State Bank of India (SBI) referred to as the SBI Youth for India, a rural fellowship program in association with many renowned NGOs. Through this blog, we will take a look at the key features of the SBI Youth for India Fellowship including its eligibility criteria, program structure and benefits on offer for students.
Related Read: Post Doctoral Fellowships
This Blog Includes:
Launched on 1st March 2011, the SBI Youth for India Fellowship program is a 13-month long program, which is initiated, funded and managed by the State Bank of India as a CSR activity, in partnership with reputed NGOs like M.S.Swaminathan Research Foundation, Gram Vikas, BAIF Development Research Foundation, Seva Mandir, and Aga Khan Rural Support Program (India). This program enables India’s best minds to join hands with rural communities, understand their struggles and help them progress towards a holistic development.
SBI Youth For India: Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the SBI Youth For India fellowship program, applicants have to fulfil certain prerequisite eligibility criteria. Given below are the major requirements which students need to keep in mind:
- Those applying to the fellowship program, must have completed their bachelor’s degree regardless of the field.
- The applicant must be aged between 21 and 32 years from the commencement of the programme.
- The applicant of the fellowship program can be Indian citizens or Overseas Citizens of India.
- One must be willing to adapt to the rustic life of rural areas and must be able to actively interact with the different communities.
- One should be willing to commit to a 13-month long rural SBI Youth For India fellowship programme and possess strong leadership skills.
Related Read: Young India Fellowship
The students who are selected for the SBI Youth for India Fellowship program, have to go through a well-designed orientation and training program, which consists of both classroom sessions with field visits and guest speakers. Further, the fellows are equipped with the essentials of how to sensitize to rural ethos, overview of rural project management techniques, along with equipping them with requisite skills to handle the challenges while focusing on rural development projects.
After the completion of the well-designed training program, every fellow is assigned a project based on their skill set and interests as well as the need of the partner NGO. The Fellows need to define the outcome by working on the given problem and coming up with probable solutions at the end of the project. For the entire project, the partner NGO will provide the Fellow with a Mentor, to ensure that they are able to successfully address the challenges they face in the project which will be held in Indian States, namely Bihar, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan.
Must Read: Top Fellowship Program Abroad
How to Apply for SBI Youth for India Fellowship?
Those students who want to be a part of SBI Youth for India Fellowship Program must apply for the same through online mode at this link. Out of several applications, some applications are shortlisted who are then notified and required to actively interact on an online forum to discuss and develop their ideas for rural development. Personal interview process is conducted with those shortlisted from the interaction process.
Avail Your Chance To Get A Free Consultation Session!
Benefits for SBI Youth for India Fellows[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
SBI Youth For India program is a 13-month long program, in which candidates have to work on a particular project. During the program, candidates are provided with certain benefits:
- Each student will be provided Rs. 15,000 for financial assistance, to bear the expenses in the program.
- Travel Allowance of Rs.1,000 is provided to each student on a monthly basis.
- At the completion of the program, each student will be awarded Rs.30,000.
- Exposure to rural life and Medical Allowance is provided.
- The students can avail the chance to get associated with reputed organizations and mentors, who can help them in their career growth.
Hopefully, the blog was able to provide all the key essentials of the SBI Youth for India Fellowship program. If you are planning to apply for a scholarship or fellowship abroad but are confused about how to get started, reach out to our Leverage Edu experts and mentors who can help you in finding a suitable scholarship to fund your dream course.