The Government has introduced Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE) through Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan was established on 15th October 1970 as an autonomous organization. India declared it as a deemed university on 7th May 2002 as Central Sanskrit University. It aims to promote and propagate the Sanskrit language and literature in the country. If you are planning to take up the scholarship, here is a blog to help you with important details about Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE)!
This Blog Includes:
Also Read : Scholarships For Girls in 2021
|Application Period||December to April (Tentative)|
|Eligibility||Class 9th – 12th. Sanskrit should be an optional or main subject for UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Reward||A scholarship amount of up to INR 2500 per month.|
|Registration||Online application through the official website of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan.|
Also Read : Felix Scholarships
Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE) Rewards
Students are selected based on merit. Listed below are the scholarship amount for payout among the selected candidates:
|Level of Class||Rewards|
|Class 9th and 10th||INR 500 per month for 10 months|
|Class 11 and 12th||INR 600 per month for 10 months|
|Graduation or Shastri||INR 800 per month for 10 months|
|M.A or Acharya||INR 1000 per month for 10 months|
|Ph.D. or Vidyavridhi||INR 2500 per month for 12 months along with a contingency grant of INR 5000 p.a for 2 years.|
Also Read : Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships
Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE) Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for the Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE), a candidate must fulfill certain conditions. Highlighted below are the complete details for availing scholarship benefits:
|Level of Class||Course of Study||Eligibility Criteria|
|9th and 10th / Purva Madhyama11th and 12th /Uttar Madhyama||Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as an exam of at least 100 marks.||– Applicant must have cleared the last exam.
– Score – 60% overall & 60% in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit. Opted for Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit in the current class.
|Graduation / ShastriM.A / Acharya||Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a subject of at least 100 marks.||– Cleared class 12th with 60% overall & 60% in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.
– For B.A, 1st, 2nd & 3rd year, the applicant must have cleared the last 2 semesters & have opted for Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit in the current class.
|Ph.D./ Vidyavaridhi||Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a subject of at least 100 marks||Must have cleared at least 60% overall marks. The applicant must have registered for the PhD course prior.|
Scholarships are usually announced in the months of July or August every year through advertisements. However, for the academic year 2021 -2021, the scholarship was active from December to April (Tentative). The date is extended till 25th April 2021.
Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE) Registration
Given below are the steps to apply for the scholarship. Follow these steps on the official web portal of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan required for the same.
- Firstly, the candidates need to visit the home page of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan and click on ‘Schemes’ under which ‘Scholarship Scheme’ is listed. Open it to proceed onto the scholarship page.
- Tap on ‘Online applications’ and the applicants would be directed to a new page where guidelines, registration of institution are given, etc.
- The applicants need to check thoroughly in case of their institutes are registered or not for the scheme.
- Now, the applications can be filled up after the activation of institutes by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. The applicants should fill in all the required details.
- Lastly, they need to upload their scanned copies of all the necessary documents & submit the application form.
Also Read : 30+ MBA Scholarships for Women
There are few key documents candidates need to upload while filling in their scholarship application form. The list of deliverables are as follows:
- Relevant Marksheet
- The first page of the bank passbook in the name of the applicant.
- Applicant’s Aadhaar Card
- Caste/Category certificate in case the candidate belongs to any reserved category.
Want to Study Abroad with Scholarship? Check out the Great Scholarship offered in Top Countries
- Russian Scholarships
- Scholarships in Belgium
- MBA Scholarships in New Zealand
- MBA Scholarships in Australia
- MBA Scholarships in AustraliaScholarships in Denmark
- MBA Scholarships in Ireland
- MBA Scholarships in USA
- MBA Scholarships in Canada
This was all about Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE). If you are planning to study abroad and interested to know about the application process, courses, and scholarships abroad. Connect to our counselors and experts at Leverage Edu. For the latest updates around study blogs, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & also subscribe to our newsletter