The Royal Veterinary College was founded in 1791 as a part of the University of London. It is one of the world’s premier specialised universities of veterinary medicine, biosciences, and veterinary nursing, and is ranked number 1 in the UK for overall student satisfaction. It is by far one of the largest and longest-established vet schools in the English-speaking world. RVC’s programmes have an international appeal, attracting students who go on to become practising veterinarians, research scientists, veterinary nurses, and business and government leaders. Let’s explore more about Royal Veterinary College admissions and the application process in the blog curated for you!
|University Name||Royal Veterinary College|
|Motto (English)||Confront Disease at Onset|
|Location||London and Hertfordshire, UK|
|Type||Public Veterinary School|
|Number of campuses||2|
|Number of Students||More than 1000|
|Graduate Employment Rate||97%|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at the Royal Veterinary College?
- Royal Veterinary College Rankings
- Popular Courses Offered
- Royal Veterinary College Admissions Requirement
- Royal Veterinary College Application Process
- Cost of Studying
- UK Visa Requirements for International Students
Why Study at the Royal Veterinary College?
Before enlightening you with the Royal Veterinary College admissions and application process, let’s first highlight some of the core reasons why international students must study at RVC.
- World Class Practical Experience: The college gives the students world class practical experience, allowing them to grow professionally in their selected fields of study and access to:
- A small animal referral hospital
- A farm
- Diagnostic service centers
- An equine hospital
- International Recognition: RVC is a world renowned institute with a world class ranking by prestigious QS World Rankings. As stated above, it has been anked number 1 in the UK for overall student satisfaction and is one of the world’s leading specialist institutions of veterinary medicine, biosciences and veterinary nursing.
- One of the Oldest Running Vet College in the UK: The Royal Veterinary College is the largest and longest-established veterinary school not only in the UK but also in entire Europe or the English speaking world. The College received its first Charter of Incorporation from Queen Victoria.
- Stable Career: The employment rate is 97% of BVetMed graduates from RVC are employed within six months of graduation which allows students to build a stable career for them.
- Study in World-Class and Beautiful Campus: The college has 2 campuses, Camden and Hawkshead Campus. Camden campus is for veterinary medicine and Biosciences students and hawkshead campus in Hertfordshire is for veterinary nursing and Veterinary medicine final year students.
Royal Veterinary College Rankings
The table below depicts the national and international ranking of the Royal Veterinary College for the excellent and quality education that it offers to its students.
|QS World University Rankings 2021 in Veterinary Science||1|
|Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022||401-500|
|Teaching Excellence Framework||Gold|
|Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2021||601-700|
Popular Courses Offered
The Royal Veterinary College offers admissions to international students it the following mentioned streams:
- Veterinary Medicine
- Biological Sciences
- Veterinary Nursing
The list below mentions the popular undergraduate programs that are being offered to students seeking admissions at Royal Veterinary College:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine Accelerated Programme
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine with Intercalated Year
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Veterinary Gateway Programme
- FdSc Veterinary Nursing
- BSc Veterinary Nursing
- BSc Biological Sciences
- BSc Bioveterinary Sciences
- BSc Biological Sciences or BSc Bioveterinary Sciences with a Certificate in Work-Based Learning and Research
- BSc Animal Biology, Behavior, Welfare and Ethics
Enlisted below are some of the most popular masters programs and diplomas offered by the Royal Veterinary College:
- MSc Applied Biological Research
- MSc Applied Bioveterinary Research
- MSc Biological Sciences
- MSc Bioveterinary Sciences
- MSc Biological Sciences (Wildlife Health Sciences)
- MSc Wild Animal Biology
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Nursing
- Postgraduate Certificate in Veterinary Clinical Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Nursing
Research and Clinical Training Courses
- Professional Doctorate
- Masters of Research (MRes)
- Small Animal (including Pathology)
- Exotic Animal
- Production Animal
- Zoo Health Management and Wildlife Population Health
Here’s a blog to know about How to Become a Veterinary Doctor?
Royal Veterinary College Admissions Requirement
Although the eligibility criteria will be different for different courses offered by RVC to its students, mentioned below is an entry-level Royal Veterinary College admissions requirements that international students must meet:
- For undergraduate degrees, applicant must have at least AAA in three A Level subjects:
- Biology at grade A
- Chemistry at grade A
- A third subject of your choice
- If the candidate have not taken GCSEs or an equivalent qualification prior to the IB Diploma, he/she will need a minimum of grade 5 in:
- EITHER MYP Mathematics (standard or extended) OR SL Mathematics Analysis and approaches OR SL Mathematics Applications and interpretation
- SL English A (or grade 6 in English B)
- For postgraduate degrees, the applicant must have a Bachelor’s (Hons) degree in a relevant biological sciences discipline, equivalent to a 2:2, or a Bachelor’s without honours at 2:1 or above.
- For some courses, the applicants are required to have prior work experience in order to have developed animal handling skills and obtained an insight into the work of veterinary surgeons.
- English Language Proficiency scores is also required like an IELTS score of at least 7.
- You will also need to qualify in the entrance exams and interviews as per the university’s requirements.
Know in detail about the Requirements to Study in the UK!
Royal Veterinary College Application Process
- For Undergraduate courses, the students must apply through University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
- For postgraduate courses, postgraduate taught courses, research courses and PhD courses, the students have to apply through UKPASS.
- While carrying out the application process, students need to pay the application fee of around 20 GBP (2,000 INR)
While planning or carrying out the process of Royal Veterinary College admissions, students must keep the following documents in hand for submission of their application form:
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- UK student Visa
- Updated CV/Resume
- Portfolio (if asked or required)
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- GMAT/GRE scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- Work Experience documents
Planning to study at Royal Veterinary College but confused or stuck at the application process? Worry not as Leverage Edu experts are here to help you out and take all the burden off your shoulders! Just contact them at 1800572000 and kickstart your application process without any hassle!
Cost of Studying
Now that you are all familiar with the Royal Veterinary College admissions requirements, let’s unravel the average estimated tuition fees to study at RVC. One must keep in mind that the tuition fees may vary for different courses. Below listed are some of the top courses along with the fees:
|Programmes||Average Fees in GBP||Average Fees in INR|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine||£36,760 per annum||INR 36.90 Lakhs|
|BSc Biological Sciences||£20,900 per annum||INR 20.50 Lakhs|
|MSc Veterinary Epidemiology||£25,410 per annum||INR 25.50 Lakhs|
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
The documents that must be submitted are as below:
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
- ATAS certificates (for ATAS courses)
- Health surcharge and Tier-4 visa application fee which is 300 GBP (INR 30,173) and 348 GBP (INR 35,000).
Here’s your one-stop guide to knowing more about the UK Visa Application Process, Fee & Requirements!
Here are a few scholarships that RVC offers to international students seeking Royal Veterinary College admissions for 2022:
- RVC Scholarships for Biological Sciences: It is offered to students who have performed excellent during admission. The award value is 5410 GBP (543,290 INR)
- RVC International Scholarships for BVetMed: It is awarded to those students with academic excellence in Veterinary sciences. The scholarship is fully funded in terms of Tuition Fees only.
So this was all that you needed to know about the Royal Veterinary College admissions and application requirements. Planning to study veterinary medicine in the UK in 2022. Allow our professional and top industry experts at Leverage Edu to take care of your application, visa, documentation, accommodation and financial processes to kickstart your journey of studying in the UK in no time!