Princeton University is the fourth oldest university in the USA established in 1746. It is an Ivy League research university. The university was ranked at #12 by QS world ranking in 2021. It is spread over 600 acres and has more than 200 campus buildings. Want to be a part of this esteemed institution? Then you must read this blog on Princeton University acceptance rate!
This Blog Includes:
Princeton University Acceptance Rate
Princeton is a part of Ivy League schools. It is ranked at 12th by QS world ranking in 2021. Last year Princeton University received around 32,804 applications and only 1,895 were selected. It is one of the institutions that have the lowest acceptance rate. Most of the applicants are the ones that have good scores but still unable to get into the university. The acceptance rate of Princeton university is 5.8%.
Applicants can start applying to Princeton University from mid August. You can apply through Coalition Application or Common Application or directly from the university website. Here are all the important dates
|Application Availability||Mid August|
|Completion of English Proficiency Test scores (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL)||September 1|
|Last Date for Application submission||November 1|
|Apply for financial aid||November 9|
|Decision Notification||Mid- December|
|Candidate’s Reply Date||1 May|
Also Read – Top 5 Reasons to Study at Ivy League
Basic Admission Requirements
Princeton University offers a variety of courses at undergraduate, postgraduate & doctorate levels. Some of the popular courses are architecture, biophysics, computer science, economics & engineering. The application process of Princeton university is online, applicants can also apply for more than one course. Before looking at the Princeton university acceptance rate, here are all the basic admission requirements that every student has to fulfill.
- For admissions at the undergraduate level applicants must be a graduate from secondary school & for the postgraduate applicant must have a graduate degree from a recognized institution.
- SAT & ACT are mandatory to be eligible. The SAT score in the range of 1515 to 1570 is considered above average & SAT score ranging from 1570 and Above has the maximum chances for admission. On the other hand, ACT score ranging from 34 to 35 is considered above average & 35 and above will higher your chances for admission.
- GPA score ranging from 3.50 to 3.75 is considered above average whereas a GPA of 3.75+ will ensure chances of admission.
- English language proficiency is mandatory for admission. A test score of IELTS, TOEFL & PTE is acceptable. Applicants must score 8.0 in IELTS or 27 in TOEFL speaking.
- All international students are required to submit proof of financial aid. Princeton does not offer academic or athletic merit scholarships.
- Princeton University also requires graded written paper. The paper should be from O- or A-level coursework & in the English language.
- Princeton University also required a letter of recommendation & official transcripts.
In the year 2020, there was no requirement for SAT/ACT scores for admission. Interested applicants can still wish to appear but it was not mandatory.
Also Read – How to prepare for IELTS?
Princeton University Selection Process
Princeton University is one of the institutions that are extremely competitive. Sometimes the perfect score is not good enough for admission into this prestigious institution. Princeton University does not only evaluate students based on academics but oversees non-academic activities as well. Princeton University also takes interviews, they are also considered a good sign because not every applicant is asked for an interview. Other than all these factors Princeton university requires applicants that can contribute to the community.
Also read Leverage Edu Reviews Ivy League Colleges
Now you know about the admission requirements, selection criteria & also the Princeton university acceptance rate. The next thing you can check from your list is popular programs. We have listed the popular program at Princeton University.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Public Administration
- Social Service Profession
- LSE Acceptance Rate
- Carnegie Mellon Transfer Acceptance Rate
- University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
- Imperial College Acceptance Rate and Eligibility
- ETH Zurich Acceptance Rate
- Stanford MBA Acceptance Rate
- UCB Acceptance Rate
- UPenn Acceptance Rate
- University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate
- Harvard Acceptance Rate
- King’s College London Acceptance Rate
- University of British Columbia Acceptance Rate
- NTU Acceptance Rate, Eligibility and Application Process
You can apply through Coalition Application or Common Application for admission into Princeton University.
The application fee at Princeton university depends on the course you selected & the no. of courses. It can range from $70 to $95.
For admission into the postgraduate program, the university requires GMAT or GRE scores.
Yes, you can work up to 20 hours a week.
The average starting salary can range from $68,400 to – 80,00
What is the campus size of Princeton university?
Hopefully, this blog on the Princeton university acceptance rate was insightful. If you are planning to stay at Princeton University then get in touch with Leverage Edu and let our experts guide you through the whole process. Sign up for a free session today!