Princeton University is the fourth oldest university in the USA established in 1746. It is an Ivy League research university. The university was ranked #16 by the QS world ranking in 2023. It is spread over 600 acres and has more than 200 campus buildings. Want to be a part of this esteemed institution? Then you must read this blog on Princeton University’s acceptance rate!
This Blog Includes:
- Princeton University Acceptance Rate
- Princeton University Application 2023
- Admission Requirements
- Princeton University GPA Requirements
- Princeton University Selection Process
- Popular Programs
- Tips for Applying to Princeton
Princeton University Acceptance Rate
Princeton is a part of Ivy League schools. It is ranked 16th by the QS world ranking in 2023. Last year Princeton University received around 32,804 applications and only 1,895 were selected. It is one of the institutions that have the lowest acceptance rate. Most of the applicants are the ones that have good scores but are still unable to get into the university. The acceptance rate of Princeton university is 3.8%.
Princeton University Application 2023
Applicants can start applying to Princeton University in mid-August. You can apply through Coalition Application or Common Application or directly from the university website. Here are all the important dates
|M.S Computer Science||Application Deadline[1 Dec, 2023]Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
|B.S Computer Science||Application Deadline[3 Jan, 2023]Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
|M.Fin||Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
|M.Eng Electrical Engineering||Application Deadline[15 Dec, 2023]Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
|M.S Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering||Application Deadline[1 Dec, 2023]Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
|M.Arch||Application Deadline[3 Jan, 2023]Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
|M.Eng Civil and Environmental Engineering||Application Deadline[1 Dec, 2022]Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
|B.A Psychology||Application Deadline[1 Dec, 2023]Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
|B.A Economics||Application Deadline[1 Dec, 2023]Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
|M.Eng Chemical and Biological Engineering||Application Deadline[1 Dec, 2022]Schlorship Deadline[12 Nov, 2022]|
Must Read – Top 5 Reasons to Study at Ivy League
Princeton University offers a variety of courses at undergraduate, postgraduate & doctorate levels. Some of the popular courses are architecture, biophysics, computer science, economics & engineering. The application process at Princeton university is online, applicants can also apply for more than one course. Before looking at the Princeton university acceptance rate, here are all the basic admission requirements that every student has to fulfil.
Requirements for UG Programs
Princeton University accepts applications for undergraduate degree programmes in 35 disciplines. Over 10,000 high schools from 161 countries submitted admission applications for the fall semester. More than 60% of Princeton undergraduates receive financial aid, which can cover up to 100% of tuition and living expenses. International students seeking admission to Princeton University must begin the admissions process by submitting an online application.
The application fee: $70 USD (5,720 INR)
The following are the admission requirements for the same:
- School reports and official transcripts
- Princeton’s supplementary application includes one recommendation from a guidance counsellor and two from teachers.
- Graded high school written paper.
Requirements for PG Programs
More than 2,700 graduate students are served by 18 master’s degree programmes and 42 doctoral programmes at Princeton University. More than 40% of graduate students at the university are from other countries. Graduate admission decisions at Princeton are made by the faculty of the candidate’s chosen field of study, with assistance from the Graduate School, which assists in determining the minimum admission requirements.
95 USD application fee (7,760 INR)
The following are the general admission requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae Transcripts Essay 2
- Grades for the Fall Semester
- GRE/GMAT scores must be no more than 5 years old.
- IELTS/TOEFL for international students
- Financial Resources Statement
- Admission application completed
- Statement of Purpose
Must Read – How to prepare for IELTS?
Princeton University GPA Requirements
Many universities specify a minimum GPA requirement, but this is frequently just the bare minimum to submit your application without being rejected right away.
The GPA requirement that truly matters is the GPA required for a genuine chance of admission. For this, we look at the average GPA of the school’s current students.
Princeton’s average GPA is 3.9.
Princeton expects you to be at the top of your class with a GPA of 3.9. To compete with other applicants, you’ll need nearly straight A’s in all of your classes. Furthermore, you should be taking difficult classes – AP or IB courses – to demonstrate that college-level academics are simple.
If you are a junior or senior, it is difficult to change your GPA in time for college applications. If your GPA is at or below the school average of 3.9, you’ll need to improve your SAT or ACT score. This will allow you to compete effectively against applicants with higher GPAs than you.
Princeton University Selection Process
Princeton University is one of the institutions that are extremely competitive. Sometimes the perfect score is not good enough for admission into this prestigious institution. Princeton University does not only evaluate students based on academics but oversees non-academic activities as well. Princeton University also takes interviews, they are also considered a good sign because not every applicant is asked for an interview. Other than all these factors Princeton university requires applicants that can contribute to the community.
Must read Leverage Edu Reviews Ivy League Colleges
Now you know about the admission requirements, selection criteria & also the Princeton university acceptance rate. The next thing you can check from your list is popular programs. We have listed the popular program at Princeton University.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Public Administration
- Social Service Profession
US Student Visa Application Process
After being accepted by the university, students must apply for a visa. The following are the specific requirements for obtaining a visa to study in the United States:
- After the student is accepted, the college will send the Certificate of Eligibility for a Student Visa (Form I-20 A/B) via email. Once received, all details should be thoroughly reviewed.
- Non-immigrant visa application form (DS-156) completed with passport-size photo
- A current passport.
- Payment of the visa application fee
- Proof of SEVIS
Tips for Applying to Princeton
If you intend to be one of the 37,000+ Princeton applicants for the next admissions cycle, you should be aware of the following:
- Some qualified applicants are invited to participate in an alumni interview at Princeton. While this is not a required component of one’s application, students should take advantage of the opportunity if an interview in their geographic area can be arranged.
- Next, Princeton does not consider “demonstrated interest,” so you will not be judged based on whether or not you visited campus, contacted an admissions officer, or otherwise demonstrated your interest.
- Make sure to devote enough time and effort to the supplemental essays and short answers that Princeton requires.
You can apply through Coalition Application or Common Application for admission into Princeton University.
The application fee at Princeton university depends on the course you selected & the no. of courses. It can range from $70 to $95.
For admission into the postgraduate program, the university requires GMAT or GRE scores.
The average starting salary can range from $68,400 to – 80,00
Hopefully, this blog on the Princeton university acceptance rate was insightful. If you are planning to stay at Princeton University then get in touch with Leverage Edu and let our experts guide you through the whole process. Sign up for a free session today!