As the world is becoming increasingly advanced and interconnected, there is a continuous growth of the IT sector with the latest demands. There was a time when the computer was a new invention in the market with people unaware of what exactly it was and how well it could be utilized. With a changing perspective over the years, computer technology has revolutionised the technological landscape. Global companies are aiming to innovate and strengthen the IT sector with the help of professionals having a solid academic background in computer application and development. Therefore, universities and colleges all across the world are coming up with shorter and more technical courses linear to provide specialization in the field of IT. One such course is a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application.
So, let us take a look at all the details about this course, the reasons why you should pursue a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application and the top colleges to study this course from.
Overview of Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) is a computer-based technical course for graduate students who are interested in computer applications and seeking a professional career in the field. The postgraduate diploma offers students to specialize their professional, technical and communication skills in Computer Application to transform into future IT experts. Some of the major subjects covered are Windows as Operating System, System Analysis, Data Processing, MS Office-Web Design, Oracle-VB, TALLY and computer languages such as Java, C, C++, etc.
Reasons to Pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
There are an ample amount of merits of taking up an academic qualification degree in Computer Application which is beneficial for both the industry and professionals in computer application. Below is a list of these reasons that you should consider when planning for PGDM in Computer Application:
- The computer is one of the essential components in our lives because everything we do involves its use and application.
- Computer applications have made our life simpler and easier than traditional means of doing work.
- Computer application involves tested and quality assured complex codes which ensures a very possibility of errors producing accurate and high-quality results.
- Businesses across the world are intensively using computer applications due to which there is a high demand for professionals in computer science and its applications.
- The computer era has kept on increasing and spreading widely because of its advanced and versatile applications.
- Computer applications provide flexibility to work with cutting time and distance barriers. This has made the entire world a technologically advanced global village.
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application: Courses, Universities and Colleges
The duration of the course may not be the same in all the institutions rather it varies from university to university or college to college. The general duration can range somewhere between 1-2 years.
- Certificate in Software Development (McGill University)
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Systems Technology and Networking (St. Clair College)
- Graduate Certificate in Software and Information Systems Testing (Fanshawe College)
- Graduate Certificate in Game Development with Advanced Programming (Fanshawe College)
- Diploma in Computer and IT Course (University of Technology Sydney)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer and Information Sciences (AUT University)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer and Information System (Douglas College)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer and Information System – Data Analytics (Douglas College)
Students can further advance their career with a master’s degree in Computer Application or any of its specialised field and research with a specialization in the respective field. This will open up vast career opportunities in the world of computer technology. Moreover, they can also seek employment in both public as well as the private sector, banking, accounting, insurance, stock markets, marketing, and e-commerce, etc. Professionals in computer application also have an opportunity in pursuing teaching professions in universities and colleges across the world.
Also Read: Best Computer Science Schools
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application: Job Prospects
With the rapidly increasing IT sector, IT services have become an integral part of a company or any organisation. Below are the popular professional avenues open to successful postgraduate diploma students.
- Software Programmer
- Junior Programmer
- Project Leader
- System Analyst
- Web Analyst
- Web Designer
- Application Specialist
- Mobile Application Developer
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Software Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Software Consultant
- Software Quality Tester
- Computer Teacher or Professor
- Online Technical Writer
Also Read: BCA Course Subjects
We hope that this blog helped you to know the benefits and career opportunities of academic qualification in computer applications. If you’re planning to pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application, the experts at Leverage Edu can assist you in identifying an ideal course to explore your passion in computer applications and create a successful career in this ever-growing field.