In this competitive world everyone wants to achieve highest in their educational field . To achieve higher there is nothing more worthy than a PhD because it is a noble and highest degree in an array of educational qualifications. Sculpting an idiosyncratic space and to be presented with a PhD degree one needs accurate performance, accelerated analysis and empirical skills. To pursue this doctoral degree you need to scrutinize every activity which is essential to your research material. But do you know after graduation you can also opt for a PhD in International relations?PhD International Relation is a Doctorate level research based course which is about 5 year long. If you want to achieve the highest milestone as Diplomats further in future PhD is the way to your aim. To take admission in PhD international relations you need to be either postgraduate or have a MPhil degree.
This Blog Includes:
Is There a PhD in International Relations?
- PhD in International Relations is a program which has a combination of coursework and research analyzing theory, initials and essentials of moral qualitative research.
- You will get to probe subjects related to International Communication, Peace & Conflict Resolution, International Development, Global Politics, Economic Policy and Global Environmental Policy.
- After completion of PhD in international relations you will become able to choose from ample opportunities to choose from.
- After PhD in international relations students are able to pursue a career in l Diplomacy Field, News Industry, Writing, Research, Foreign Relation Analysis and so on. Moreover you can earn a good salary package after this course.
- You can further reach a higher level promptly and easily. Furthermore if you have interest in analysis and research then this course is best for you.
|Course Level||Doctorate degree|
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Admission mode||Entrance and merit based|
Why Get a PhD in International Relations?
If you want to know about why you should pursue PhD in International relations then here are the reasons below :
- In Demand : PhD in international relations is demanding these days and it provides a plethora of opportunities to the candidates.
- Research job : if you are willing to make a profession in Foreign services and analysis.
- Job opportunities : Other than working for foreign Service you get other opportunities as well and these are: Journalism and media, Corporate Houses, etc.
- Job profiles: job profiles after completion of Phd in international relations are Foreign Service Officer, International Relation Expert, Researcher, News Editor and Professor.
- Salary: Furthermore, the salary package offered after completing a PhD is really high ranging from INR 5,00,000 to INR 8,00,000 per annum ( average).
Also Read: Masters in International Relations in UK
- You must have a postgraduate or MPhil degree with a minimum score of 55% marks.
- If you belong to the reserved category you are eligible with 45% marks in the degree.
- Furthermore if you need to take admission in PhD international relations then you have to get a valid score in entrance exams ( only for colleges who take admission on the basis of entrance).
PhD International Relations Entrance Exams
There are many colleges who take admission on the basis of entrance exams and here is the list of entrance exams:
|Exam Name||Conducting body||Exam mode|
|SIU PET||Symbiosis International University||Online|
|MGU WAT||Mahatma Gandhi University||Online|
|Amity University PET||Amity University||Offline|
|MAHE PhD 2020||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Online|
Top PhD in International Relations Colleges – India
|Name of the College||Annual Fees|
|Jadavpur University||INR 8,000|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||INR 19,667|
|Panjab University||INR 56,800|
|Amity University||INR 1,00,000|
|Sikkim University||INR 14,730|
|Central University of Kerala||INR 33,310|
Top Universities – Abroad
|Name of the universities||Tenure|
|Harvard University||5-6 years|
|Princeton University||5 years|
|Columbia University||5-7 years|
|Yale University||6.7 years|
|University of Chicago||–|
|University of California/San Diego||5-6 years|
|University of California/Berkeley||5-6 years|
|University of Michigan/Ann Arbor||4-6 years|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||5-6 years|
Also Read: International Relations Courses
Scope of PhD in International Relations
- PhD After doing a PhD International Relations course students can avail in various fields. Nowadays PhD international relations has become a common choice .
- You can further pursue jobs in News Channels, Colleges, Research Sector, Universities, Diplomacy and so on. Furthermore you will get an array of opportunities and it brings dynamic opportunities for students who want to kick start their career in this field.
- If you want to work abroad then this higher education degree will support you.
- More job profiles after PhD in International Relations are Political Analyst, Diplomat and Intelligence Specialist.
Are you planning to pursue a PhD in international relations? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today