PhD in Hindi is a doctorate programme that can be pursued after completing a postgraduate degree in Hindi. The course runs for the duration of three years and covers the study of Hindi in all its aspects, such as the philosophy behind it, literature, origin, linguistics etc. It is one of the highest degree professional courses in Hindi which anyone can pursue. However, it is noticed that many students get confused regarding various decisions, such as the selection of a good college. Read this blog further to understand more about PhD in Hindi in-depth and get all the necessary information.
This Blog Includes:
Must Read: An Ultimate Guide to PhD Courses
PhD in Hindi is a more research oriented degree spread into a total of 6 semesters i.e. 2 semesters per year. The important points about the course are mentioned below.
- The course is best suited for those with a keen interest in the intricacies of hindi language.
- The course equips the students with the knowledge of hindi literature, grammar, linguistics as well as philosophical aspects of Hindi language.
- During the duration of this course, students are required to prepare a thesis within the Hindi language.
- The thesis should be in their own words and not plagiarised in any manner.
- Students have the freedom to choose their topics of thesis by themselves.
Also, just like any other course, this course also has examinations and research papers that students need to submit.
Explore: List of Linguistics Degrees
Syllabus of PhD in Hindi
The course has a total of six semesters. The syllabus for each of the semester is as follows-
- Hindi Literature
- Communicative skills
- Prose & one-act plays
- Communication skills in other languages
- History of Hindi literature
- Critical reasoning, writing, & presentation
- Communication & Translation in Hindi
- Theory & practice of translation
- Indian constitution readings
- History of hindi literature
- Reading literature
- Applied Grammar
- History of Hindi Literature
- Comparative literature
- Literature in other languages
- Literature & contemporary issues
- Computer application and general informatics in Hindi
- Theatre & Drama in Hindi
- Culture & Civilizations
- Environmental Studies
- Correspondence & secretarial practice in Hindi
- Perspectives of Humanities & Languages and Methodology
- Open course spoke Hindi
- Literary Technician project
- Indian Literary Thoughts
- Contemporary Hindi Literature
- History of Hindi Language
- Novel and Short stories in Hindi
- Modern Poetry in Hindi
- Western Literary Thoughts
- Literary Technician project
Here is the basic eligibility criteria for pursuing PhD in Hindi-
- Students must have an MA in Hindi, MPhil or any other postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks.
- A valid entrance examination score in case the college you are applying to hold an entrance examination for admission purposes.
Also Read: BA Hindi
Here is a list of the entrance exams for PhD in Hindi-
- UGC NET– Conducted by National Testing Agency
- CSIR UGC NET– National Testing Agency conducts it on the behalf of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- JNU PhD Entrance- Conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University
Do Read: Top PhD Entrance Exams
Top Colleges In India
Here is a list of some of the top colleges for pursuing PhD in Hindi-
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- Delhi University
- Gujarat University
- Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- Assam University
- Patna University
- Allahabad University
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Kurukshetra University
Here is a list of certain job profiles which the PhD in Hindi graduates can pursue after the completion of their course.
The consumption of content by a human being has been increasing at a tremendous rate, and so does the demand for content writers. Content writers are basically those who use their writing skills to write content to communicate something to the online audience through the use of their words. The demand for Hindi content writers is really high these days as not many people possess this skill. The content field is bigger than ever right now, and there is no better time to enter the field than now. Content writers can expect a starting salary from INR 3.5 Lakh p.a.and with experience, turn it into something bigger.
Everyone must be familiar with who a translator is and what dies the work involves. Translators are those who read or listen to the original language’s content and then write or speak about it in Hindi. Translators are also responsible for looking into the grammatical aspect of the content. The average starting salary for a Hindi translator is about INR 3.5 lakh p.a.
This is one of the most common career options people opt for after completing their PhD in Hindi. Teaching is a really respectable profession, and they are the ones shaping the future of the country. A Hindi teacher’s role revolves around giving Hindi lessons to their students and imparting the relevant knowledge regarding the language. They also help the students with any doubt they have and conduct regular assessment tests as well. The average starting salary for a Hindi teacher is about INR 4 lakh p.a.
We hope this blog helped provide you with all the relevant information regarding PhD in Hindi. Want to pursue a career in Hindi or any other language. Connect with our Leverage Edu experts to get assistance in choosing the right course for yourself and get admission to your dream university; we are here to support you all the way. Sign up for a free session with us now!