Graduates planning their higher studies often find Management courses as the most preferred option among their peers. This is because Management studies help us achieving goals in groups and helps us use ways that best reduce costs with optimum utilization of resources. It develops leadership qualities along with the ability to establish a strong organizational structure and equilibrium. With management studies available in connection to various fields of studies and industries, this blog provides information on Post Graduate Program in Management or PGPM.
This Blog Includes:
- Post Graduate Programme in Management Course (PGPM )
- Types of PGPM
- What are the Advantages of Pursuing a PGPM?
- PGPM Subjects and Specialisation
- PGPM Syllabus
- PGPM vs MBA
- PGPM vs PGDM
- PGPM Eligibility
- Top Universities for PGPM Courses in India & Abroad
- Top 10 Universities for PGPM Abroad
- PGPM Admission Process
- PGPM Jobs
- PGPM Salary in India
- Employment Sectors for Graduates
Post Graduate Programme in Management Course (PGPM )
The Post Graduate Program in Management, i.e. PGPM is a two or in some cases a one-year full-time program that is structured to help transform professionals with high potential into competent managers. It is crafted carefully to help develop business competencies, leadership skills, and effective teamwork, which is sure to accelerate individual career growth. It equips the candidates with the skills to use financial, technological, and human resources to their full potential. The PGPM course stresses the candidate’s improvement in aptitude, skills, and abilities to apply management concepts and theories to business and industry live issues.
Types of PGPM
There are two options available when it comes to pursing PGPM, one is executive PGPM and full time PGPM. While full time PGPM is a 2-years course, executive one is of one year. Full time PGPM also offers specialization such as Marketing, Finance, HR etc. For admission in full time course you have to appear for entrance exams for admission in Indian institutes while for executive course cademic record, work experience is also considered.
What are the Advantages of Pursuing a PGPM?
Post Graduate Program in Management is an ideal choice for those who want to gain extensive knowledge related to the field of Management, Business, and Administration in a short span of time. Enlisted are some of the major advantages of a PGPM course:
- Lesser duration
- Specialisation options
- Scores of internship opportunities
- Extensive practical knowledge
- An excellent option for those who want to switch careers
- An opportunity for less experienced professionals to advance in their careers
PGPM Subjects and Specialisation
Imparting knowledge on various facets of the business and management sector, there are an array of subjects that you will study throughout the journey of the PGPM course. Some of them have been given a rundown below:
- Macro and Microeconomics
- Equity and Venture Capital
- Corporate Governance
- Marketing Management
- Business Frameworks
- Corporate Communication
When it comes to the specialisation options, here are the options which you can consider:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- General Management
Every university has a different syllabus and subjects depending upon various factors. Here are some of the common subjects you will be studying:
- Nature and Scope of Financial Management
- Financial Engineering
- Theory of Communication
- Behavioural Dynamics in Service Settings
- Digital Marketing
- Strategic Marketing in Action
- Human Resource Metrics and Analytics
- Industrial Relations Law
PGPM vs MBA
To help you better understand the difference between PGPM vs MBA, here is a table highlighting the important aspects of both courses which set them apart.
|Full Form||Post Graduate Programme in Management||Masters of Business Administration|
|Eligibility||Graduate Degree from any stream. Might require work experience||Graduate Degree from any stream|
|Available modes||Part-Time, Full Time, Distance learning||Part-Time, Full Time,
|Duration||1-2 years||2-3 years|
|Affordability||Less Affordable generally||More affordable generally|
|Careers||Managerial Profiles||Financial advisor, HR, Marketing advisor, etc.|
|Focus||Details Related to Management||Gaining Business knowledge and developing technical skills.|
|Programme||Offered by Institutes not affiliated with Universities||Offered by Institutes affiliated with Universities|
|Eligibility for PhD||No||Yes|
PGPM vs PGDM
Aspirants are often confused between these two. To clear all your doubts, we have presented the difference between them in a tabulated format.
|Full-Form||Post Graduate Program in Management||Post Graduate Diploma in Management|
|Duration of the Course||1- 2 Years||2 Years|
|Cost||16 – 20 Lakhs||12- 15 Lakhs|
|Eligible for PhD||No||Yes|
In order to apply for PGPM at a university in India or abroad, you need to fulfill PGPM eligibility certain prerequisites to be eligible for this course or its variants. Here are the major requirements you must know before applying for this program:
- You must have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with the minimum marks specified by the chosen institution.
- Universities offering PGPM in India will require you to submit scores of exams like GMAT, MAT, CAT, etc. and institutions like IIM also prefer candidates with work experience.
- To apply for a postgraduate program in Management or its related courses abroad, you will have to provide language proficiency test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc. and many institutes might also ask GMAT or GRE scores. Along with this, you will also have to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letters of Recommendation (LORs).
Note: The aforementioned requirements are only general eligibility criteria and actual course requirements might vary as per the program and university.
Top Universities for PGPM Courses in India & Abroad
As PGPM is more of a popular course in India, there is a wide range of universities and colleges offering this program. Its course variants are available at many universities abroad and with a plethora of specializations on offer. Pursuing a PG diploma in Management abroad can help you explore global networking opportunities as well as learn from international business leaders and experts. Take a look at the following table enlisting the major universities and colleges offering PGPM in India & Abroad.
Top 10 Colleges for PGPM in India
- IIM Indore
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Trichy
- IIM Shillong
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Kozhikode
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Great Lake Institute of Management, Chennai
Top 10 Universities for PGPM Abroad
- University of Queensland
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales
- Australian National University
- McGill University
- Mcmaster University
- University of Guelph
- University of the Arts, London
- Fleming College
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
PGPM Admission Process
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
From IT to banking sectors, there is a huge demand for PGPM graduates. They also have an opportunity to work as consultants, freelancers etc. Average PGPM graduates can earn between INR 6-12 lakhs. Here are some of the popular PGPM jobs:
- Business Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Finance Manager
- HR Manager
- PR Officer
- Brand Manager
- Tech Consultant
PGPM Salary in India
PGPM has emerged as one of the most sought-after courses in India. The reason being cost-effective and short duration, many students are opting for this course. Let’s explore some of the popular job profiles and PGPM salary in India:
|Job Profiles||Salary in India per annum|
|Finance Manager||Rs. 9,30,000|
|Sales and Marketing Analyst||Rs. 7,00,000|
|Tech Consultant||Rs. 5,00,000|
|Business Consultant||Rs. 9,00,000|
|Marketing Manager||Rs. 6,00,000|
Employment Sectors for Graduates
Completing PGPM or its related course variant, students can discover a plethora of opportunities in different sectors. Take a look at some of the popular employment sectors you can consider after completing the course to be employed:
- IT Companies
- Business Firms
- Finance Units
- Educational Institutes
- Telecom Industries
- Finance Units
- Marketing Units
- Hospital Industry
- Insurance Sector
Great lakes is among the best institution for PGPM in India. It will cost you around sub total of Rs.15,00,000
15 August 2021 is the last date for PGPM SPJIMR.
On an average it will cost around INR 12,00,000 – 15,00,000.
The course duration is 2 years.
No, you are not eligible for PhD courses after PGPM.
Hence, the Post Graduate Program in Management is emerging as a growing career defining field that is demanding skills and aptitude. We hope we have provided all the relevant information you require to begin your journey in Post Graduate Program in Management. In case you still have doubts about the right management course for you, Leverage Edu experts and AI system will match you with the right mentor to help you through the process.