In the contemporary world, with the growing economy and complexities of life, unique disciplines of study are budding. The rise of new courses is helping industries to replace their traditional ways of functioning. The use of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics are necessary skills for organizations to outperform the competition. Do you want to make a career in Business Analytics? If yes, read the blog to know what PGDBA has got for you!
This Blog Includes:
What is the PGDBA program?
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Analytics program i.e. PGDBA program is a 2-year full-time Business Analytics diploma program offered jointly by three major universities – IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur, and ISI Kolkata. Admission to the course is entrance based. The PGDBA program is designed for students who have an analytical mind, an inclination towards mathematics, and like solving complex business problems.
Also Read: How to Become a Business Analyst
Eligibility Criteria for the PGDBA Program
The eligibility Criteria to be fulfilled by students to apply for the PGDBA program are:
- A candidate must hold a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree (10+2+4, 10+2+5, 10+2+3+2) from a recognized University. The student must secure minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 scale points in the qualifying degree.
- For SC/ST and PWD students, Minimum of 55% mark or 6.0 CGPA is to be secured in the qualifying degree to apply for this program.
- Along with this, candidates are required to qualify for certain competitive exams such as CAT, GMAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, etc.
- Candidates who are in the final year of a degree program are also eligible to apply provided they have completed final year examinations and provided other necessary documents and detail by June 2020.
- For a final-year students, admission will be on a provisional basis, they have to submit the final mark sheet by Oct 2020 for full-time admission to the PGDBA program.
PGDBA Course Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Database Management System||Information Technology|
|Business Analytics||Data Analysis Using SQL and Excel|
|Business Analytics Using SAS||Time Series Model|
|Analytics with R||Python|
|Data Mining and Predictive Analysis||Business Analytics Using SAS|
PGDBA Exam Pattern
|Section||Total number of questions||Marking Scheme|
|Data Interpretation and Data Visualization||5||+3/-1|
Also Read: Master of Science in Business Analytics
PGDBA Colleges in India
Here are the universities offering PGDBA courses-
|Narsee Monjee Institute of
|Xavier Labour Relations Institute||Jharkhand|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering||Maharashtra|
|Indian Institute of Management||Calcutta|
|Jagannath International Management School||Kalkaji|
Job Profiles and Average Salary
Once the candidates have completed the PGDBA course, here are the top job profiles that students can target along with the average salary-
- Data Scientist (INR 6.8 Lakh PA)
- Data Analyst (INR 6.3 Lakh PA)
- Web Analyst (INR 7.8 Lakh PA)
- Management Analyst (INR 5 Lakh PA)
- Sales and Marketing Analyst (INR 4.5 Lakh PA)
Also Read: Scope of Business Analyst in UK
A postgraduate program in Analytics, offered by a reputed institution’s expertise collaboration, attracts various recruiters. Top companies who employ the graduate students of this program are:
- Morgan Stanley
- JP Morgan
PGDBA Entrance Exam Pattern
Here are the details of the PGDBA Exam along with the syllabus in tabular form:
|Topic||Syllabus||Number of Questions|
|Verbal Ability||Reading Comprehension,
|Logical Reasoning||Logical connectives,
Matching and Sequences, Statements and
|DI and Visualisation||Data Interpretation
|Quantitative Aptitude||Combinatorics, Sets,
Geometry, Calculus and
- Total no. of questions = 50 marks
- Time allotted in exam 180 mins (3hrs)
- For every correct answer, +3 will be awarded and -1 will be awarded for every incorrect answer.
Candidates have an opportunity to pursue a similar course from universities abroad. Studying a program in Bussiness Analytics from a leading educational institute can give you excellent exposure in the field. Some popular degrees that fall under the same domain are as follows:
Ans: Full form of PGDBA is Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics.
Ans: The course structure of PGDM is more industry-focused as compared to MBA. Since autonomous institutes offer this course, therefore the curricullum is kept in accordance to the latest developments.
Ans: Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics is a 2 year post graduate course offering detailed insight to Business Analytics.
We hope this blog cleared up all the queries pertaining to the PGDBA course. Leading universities across the globe offer similar courses with great ROI and exposure. Do not miss your chance of studying at your dream university in 2020. Contact Leverage Edu, and we will help you file a perfect application for the January 2020 deadline!