In the contemporary world, with the growing economy and complexities of life, unique disciplines of study are budding. The rise of new courses is helping industries to replace their traditional ways of functioning. The use of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics are necessary skills for organisations to outperform the competition. Do you want to make a career in Business Analytics? If yes, read the blog to know what PGDBA has got for you!
This Blog Includes:
What is PGDBA program?
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Analytics program i.e. PGDBA program is a 2-year full-time Business Analytics diploma program offered jointly by three major universities – IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur and ISI Kolkata. Admission to the course is entrance based. The PGDBA program is designed for students who have an analytical mind, inclination towards mathematics and like solving complex business problems.
Eligibility Criteria for PGDBA program
Eligibility Criteria to be fulfilled by students to apply for PGDBA program are:
- A candidate must hold a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree (10+2+4, 10+2+5, 10+2+3+2) from a recognised University. The student must secure minimum 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 on 10 scale points in the qualifying degree.
- For SC/ST and PWD students, Minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA is to be secured in the qualifying degree to apply for this program.
- Along with this, candidates are required to qualify for certain competitive exams such as CAT, GMAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP etc.
- Candidates who are in the final year of a degree program are also eligible to apply provided they have to complete final year examinations and provided other necessary documents and detail by June 2020.
- For a final year student, admission will be on a provisional basis, they have to submit the final mark sheet by Oct 2020 for full-time admission in the PGDBA program.
PGDBA Course Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Database Management System||Information Technology|
|Business Analytics||Data Analysis Using SQL and Excel|
|Business Analytics Using SAS||Time Series Model|
|Analytics with R||Python|
|Data Mining and Predictive Analysis||Business Analytics Using SAS|
PGDBA Colleges in India
Here are the universities offering PGDBA course-
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Maharashtra|
|Xavier Labour Relations Institute||Jharkhand|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering||Maharashtra|
|Indian Institute of Management||Calcutta|
|Jagannath International Management School||Kalkaji|
Job Profiles and Average Salary
Once the candidates have completed the PGDBA course, here are the top job profiles that students can target along with the average salary-
- Data Scientist (INR 6.8 Lakh PA)
- Data Analyst (INR 6.3 Lakh PA)
- Web Analyst (INR 7.8 Lakh PA)
- Management Analyst (INR 5 Lakh PA)
- Sales and Marketing Analyst (INR 4.5 Lakh PA)
A postgraduate program in Analytics, offered by reputed institution’s expertise collaboration, attracts various recruiters. Top companies who employ the graduate students of this program are:
- Morgan Stanley
- JP Morgan
PGDBA Entrance Exam Pattern
Here are the details of PGDBA Exam along with the syllabus in tabular form:
|Topic||Syllabus||Number of Questions|
|Verbal Ability||Reading Comprehension, |
|Logical Reasoning||Logical connectives,|
Matching and Sequences, Statements and
|DI and Visualisation||Data Interpretation|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Combinatorics, Sets, |
Geometry, Calculus and
- Total no. of questions = 50 marks
- Time allotted in exam 180 mins (3hrs)
- For every correct answer, +3 will be awarded and -1 will be awarded for every incorrect answer.
Candidates have an opportunity to pursue a similar course from universities abroad. Studying a program in Bussiness Analytics from a leading educational institute can give you an excellent exposure in the field. Some popular degrees that fall under the same domain are as follows:
We hope this blog cleared all the queries pertaining to the PGDBA course. Leading universities across the globe offer similar courses with great ROI and exposure. Do not miss your chance of studying in your dream university in 2020. Contact Leverage Edu, and we will help you file a perfect application for the January 2020 deadline!