Every year Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology conducts its own entrance exam for Undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate level courses into the stream of Agriculture, Horticulture, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Fishery Science, Home Science & Forestry. In this blog, we will explore everything about OUAT from its eligibility to the application process, courses, etc.
This Blog Includes:
- OUAT Highlights
- Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology 2021 Important Dates
- OUAT Application Process
- Application Fee
- OUAT Eligibility Criteria
- OUAT Courses
- OUAT Exam Pattern
- OUAT Exam Syllabus
- OUAT Exam Centers
- Contact Details
- OUAT Admit Card
- Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology Participating Institutions
|Conducting Authority||Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology|
|Examination Type||Entrance Exam|
|Level of Courses||UG, PG, Ph.D.|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Popular Courses||Agriculture & Forestry|
Also Read MBA in Agriculture
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology 2021 Important Dates
There are no official dates released by the official authority of OUAT. We will update it as soon as notification is released on the official website.
OUAT Application Process
There are two forms – A & B that has to be filled by the applicants. Here is the step to fill both forms:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the registration tab & fill in your mobile number & email address.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number for verification.
- Now fill in your personal details.
- Upload the documents (signature & photograph)
- Select your exam centers
- Pay the required application fee
- Click on submit to complete the application procedure.
The above-mentioned steps were for Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology application form A. Applicants have to fill another application form, Form B after appearing for the exam. This application form is required for the counselling rounds:
- Fill in the required information (i.e. address, category certificate, academic qualification)
- After uploading the documents, click on submit to complete the application form.
- Take a printout for future reference.
Applicants have to pay some amount as an application fee. Applicants can pay through debit/credit card or net banking:
|Undergraduate courses||Rs 1000|
|Postgraduate & Ph.D. courses||Rs 1400|
OUAT Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are always advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam to avoid any rejection in the future. Here is eligibility criteria for different courses at Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology:
|Undergraduate Courses||Mandatory Subjects in Class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ BiologyCleared class 12 with a minimum of 50%|
|Postgraduate Courses||Bachelor degree in related field with minimum 50%|
|Ph. D Courses||Postgraduate degree in related field with minimum 55%|
Also read BSc Botany
There are various courses offered under OUAT at different levels. Here is the list of all courses:
|Undergraduate Courses||Postgraduate Courses||Ph. D Courses|
|B. Sc. Agriculture|
B.Sc. Home Science
B.V.Sc. and A.H.
B.Tech. Agricultural Engineering
M.Sc. Computer ScienceMCA
MBA Agriculture-Business Management
OUAT Exam Pattern
Before appearing for an exam, it is important that applicants know about the exam pattern. There is no official notification released by the authority regarding the latest exam pattern, We are mentioning last year’s exam pattern for reference. Here is the exam pattern of Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology exam:
|OUAT UG Type of questions||MCQ|
|OUAT UG Maximum Marks||200|
|OUAT Exam Mode||Offline|
|OUAT UG Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|OUAT UG Sections in Exam||4 SectionsPhysicsChemistryMathematicsMental Ability|
|OUAT Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
|OUAT Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
|OUAT PG & Ph.D. Maximum Marks||100|
|OUAT PG & Ph.D. Type of Questions||40 – MCQs40 – Short Word Answers|
Also read BSc Zoology
OUAT Exam Syllabus
Knowing about the entrance exam syllabus helps applicants to evaluate his/her strong topics & topics that require more effort at the time of preparation. In UG Courses question papers consist of topics studied at the secondary level. In PG Courses question paper consist of topics, applicants have studied at bachelor level & same is for PhD courses. Here is the syllabus of the OUAT Exam:
|Properties of Solids and Liquids|
Oscillations and Waves
Work Energy and Power
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
|States of Matter|
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
D and F-Block Elements
Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
|Sets, Relations, and Functions|
Binomial Theorem and its Simple Application
Sequence and Series
Statistics and Probability
Limit Continuity and Differentiability
Permutations and Combinations
|Ecology and Environment|
Biology and Human Welfare
Biotechnology and its Applications
Genetics and Evolution
Also Read Courses after BSc Zoology
OUAT Exam Centers
Applicants have to select the exam centers at the time of filling up the application form. OUAT is conducted in the state of Orissa. Here is the list of all exam centers.
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar-751003, Odisha, India.
- Email: registrarouat@gmail.]com
- PBX Phone -: (0674)-2397970/2397818/ 2397719/ 2397669 / 2397719 / 2397919 / 2397868
Also Read PhD in Physics
OUAT Admit Card
The OUAT Admit Card is released a few weeks before the date of examination. Here are the steps to download the OUAT Admit card.
- Go to the official website of OUAT
- Click on the admit card notification link.
- Log in using your application no., date of birth & Mobile number.
- Tap on the admit card option & admit card will be displayed on your screen.
- Take two printouts of the admit card.
Without the admit card, no student will be allowed to enter the OUAT examination center. Check the details on your admit card, if there is any incorrect information raise a ticket to the concerned department. Also, carry a valid identification card on the day of the exam along with an OUAT admit card.
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology Participating Institutions
After clearing the OUAT entrance exam & selection procedure. Applicants are eligible for admission into Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar. It is the second oldest university for agriculture in India established in 1962. Here is the list of colleges associated with the University.
- College of Agriculture, Bhubaneswar
- College of Agriculture, Chiplima, Sambalpur
- College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna
- College of Forestry, Bhubaneswar
- College of Horticulture, Chipilima, Sambalpur
- College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Bhubaneswar
- College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology (CAET), Bhubaneswar
- College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda, Brahmapur
- College of Basic Science and Humanities Bhubaneswar
- College of Home Science, Bhubaneswar
- Center for Post-Graduate Studies, Bhubaneswar
No, there is no negative marking in OUAT.
No, the OUAT exam is for PG, UG & Ph.D. courses as well.
No, all courses are full-time.
The OUAT application mode is online.
No, there is no correction window.
Rs.1400/- is the application fee for OUAT PG courses.
We hope this blog was helpful & now you know everything about OUAT. If you are planning to study abroad & need some help our experts & counsellors at Leverage Edu are just a call away. For the latest updates around study blogs, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & also subscribe to our newsletter.