OPENMAT is an entrance test that is conducted for offering admission to MBA/PGDM at IGNOU. It is a national level exam. This entrance exam is conducted in a computer based test mode for MBA/PGDM courses OPENMAT scores can be used for admission during the two sessions conducted for admission every year. If the exam is held in July then the score can be used for January and July (the following year) and, likewise, if the OPENMAT exam is conducted in January-February, the scores can be used for admission during July and January next year. Read on to find out more.
|Exam||OPEN MBA Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)/National Testing Agency|
|Conducted for||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Mode of the examination||Computer-Based Test mode (CBT)|
|Frequency of exam||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Application Fee||General Category: Rs. 800
Reserved Category: Rs. 600
|Courses offered||MBA/PGDM (various specializations)|
|Exam Date||April 11, 2021|
Table of contents
- Important Dates for OPENMAT
- Covid Update
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Needed For the Application Form
- Courses available through OPENMAT
- How to apply for OPENMAT?
- How To Fill Out The Application Form
- Application Fees
- OPENMAT Paper Pattern
- OPENMAT Paper Sections
- Syllabus of the Exam
- Marking Scheme of the OPENMAT Exam
- Exam Centers
- Exam Day Guidelines
- How To Check OPENMAT Result
Important Dates for OPENMAT
|Application Form Release||March 3rd – March 25th , 2021|
|OPENMAT 2021 Exam||April 11th, 2021|
|Admit Card Release||April 3rd , 2021|
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the test was moved to September (for July) and April for the academic year 2020-21. (for January). The submission period began on March 3 and was supposed to conclude on March 15, but it was extended until March 25. The exam took place on April 11th. On April 6, the admit card was made available.
The eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to apply for the OPENMAT as prescribed by IGNOU is mentioned below :
- Students must have completed their bachelor’s degree from any field including – Cost Accountancy/ Company Secretariat etc
- Students must have completed three years of the bachelor’s degree
- Students must have secured at least 50% marks aggregate in all subjects in their bachelor’s degree
- Students of SC/ST/ PWD must have secured at least 45% marks aggregate in all subjects in their bachelor’s degree
Documents Needed For the Application Form
Before registering for the exam, all applicants must ensure that they have the following documentation and details available. Candidates shall have the following records on them:
- Scanned most recent photographs (sizes ranging from 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only.
- Scanned signature (size 4 kb to 30 kb) only in JPG/JPEG format
- Aadhaar number, Election card, Passport number/ Ration card number/ PAN number, or some other identification evidence from the government
- Mobile phone number and email address
- Bank details for fee payment
- Mark sheets for details
Courses available through OPENMAT
Through OPENMAT, students are eligible for admission to a list of management courses offered by IGNOU. We have listed the courses below :
- Master of Business Administration
- Post Grad Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post Grad Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Post Grad Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post Grad Diploma in Marketing Management ( PGDMM)
- Post Grad Diploma in Finance Markets Practise (PGDFMP)
How to apply for OPENMAT?
We have described below the detailed procedure that students are required to follow for applying for OPENMAT :
- Registration: Aspirants must log on to the official website and Apply Online. Fill in the required details to get a unique id and password to go further with the application process.
- Submit Application Form: After successful registration, aspirants must fill the application form with accurate and necessary information the form asks for. The application form is divided into three sections – Personal Details, Qualification of Details and Successfully uploading documents.
- Application Fees: The final step would be the payment of application fees to successfully complete the form.
How To Fill Out The Application Form
IGNOU will make the registration is a simple process. Candidates should fill out the application form by following the steps outlined below.
|Visit the university’s official website at ignou.ac.in.|
|Fill out the registration form with basic details.|
|You will get one “Application Number.”|
|Log in again and complete the application form.|
|Upload required documents|
|Make the payment of the Application Form|
|Download and take print of the Application Form|
The application fees for OPENMAT can be paid in the online mode – credit card/debit card and net banking. The application fees for each category has been given here –
- General / OBC – INR 800
- SC/ST/EWS – INR 600
OPENMAT Paper Pattern
|Type of Questions||MCQ based|
|Marking Scheme||+1 – Correct Answer0 – Incorrect Answer|
OPENMAT Paper Sections
The paper is divided into 4 sections with a number of questions being asked from each. We have listed the sectional breakdown below –
1. General Awareness – 30 questions
2. English – 50 questions
3. Quantitative Aptitude – 50 questions
4. Reasoning – 70 questions
Syllabus of the Exam
The OPENMAT entrance exam will consist of four parts, each with a different number of questions.
|General Awareness||Basic general questions related to history, geography, politics, economy, law, government, famous people
Trade – import-export
The world economy, Summits
|English Language||Reading Comprehensions
Fill in the Blanks
|Quantitative Aptitude||Mixtures and Allegations
Permutation and Combination
Speed, Time, and Distance
Time and Work
|Reasoning||Coding and decoding
Statements and assumptions
Assertion and reasons
Statements and conclusions
Symbol Based problems
Marking Scheme of the OPENMAT Exam
|Marking Scheme||One mark for each correct answer will be awarded|
The Indira Gandhi National Open University will shortly have a list of official exam centers. Candidates who take the IGNOU entrance exam would have the option of selecting a preferred exam center that is close to their place. Changes to the exam city center will be made in no way.
Exam Day Guidelines
Students must follow the exam day guidelines as given in the admit card or specified at the time of applying.
- Aspirants should carry their admit card and it should not be in the digital or scanned format.
- Aspirants must reach the exam centre an hour before the exam to avoid any delay.
- Aspirants are not allowed to carry any electronic devices to the exam venue.
- Aspirants must carry a photo identity proof along with the admit card which could be any of these – Aadhar Card, Passport, Pan Card, Voter ID Card , Driver’s License
How To Check OPENMAT Result
Candidates will be able to see their results by logging in with their login information, including their registration number, birth date, and protection pin. After reviewing the result, candidates can download and print their result.
Details in the Result
After downloading the IGNOU OPENMAT MBA result, candidates must double-check the information provided. Details or data such as the following will be included in the IGNOU OPENMAT MBA result:
|Total marks scored|
|Date of birth|
- Exams for MBA Abroad
- MBA Entrance Exams: India And Abroad
- XIMB MBA: Application, Cutoff, Scores and Placements
- CMAT Exam 2021
- GMAT 2021
- CAT Exam
- XAT Exam 2020-21
- MBA CET (MAH CET)
No, the form cannot be filled in an offline mode.
The results are likely to be declared in the last week of April.
The exam was conducted on 11th April.
We hope this blog was helpful and informative. If you want to follow an MBA but aren’t sure what specialization to choose, contact Leverage Edu, who will help you select a suitable MBA course that suits your desires and goals and provides you with the requisite knowledge and skills required to kick-start your career.