Odisha Joint Entrance Examination or OJEE is a state-level entrance exam that is managed and run by the Government of Odisha. It is considered to be the most prominent exam for those who aspire to take admission to various private and governmental Medical, Engineering & Management institutions in Odisha for graduate and postgraduate degree programs. This includes lateral entry to B.Pharm and BTech and postgraduate courses like M.Tech, BHM, M.Arch, MCA, MPlan, and MBA.
This Blog Includes:
- OJEE 2022 Exam Dates
- OJEE Eligibility Criteria
- OJEE Application Form
- OJEE Application Fee
- Application Fee
- OJEE Admit Card
- OJEE Seat Quota
- OJEE Participating Colleges
- OJEE Contact Details
- OJEE Exam Pattern
- OJEE Syllabus
- Best Books for OJEE
- Preparation Tips for OJEE
- OJEE 2022 Admit Card
- OJEE 2022 Result
- OJEE 2022 Counselling
- OJEE 2022 Cut-Off
|Exam Name||OJEE(Odhisa Joint Entrance Exam)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a Year|
|OJEE Registration Fee||Rs 1,000 – Rs 1,500 [Varies on the course opted]|
OJEE 2022 Exam Dates
|OJEE 2022 Registration Begins||March 14, 2022|
|Last Date to fill OJEE 2022 Application Form||May 14, 2022|
|Last date to Pay OJEE 2022 Fees||May 14, 2022|
|Form Correction||May 17 – May 20, 2022|
|Availability of OJEE 2022 Admit Card||June 27, 2022|
|OJEE 2022 Exam Date||July 4 – July 8, 2022|
|OJEE 2022 Result Date||July 27, 2022|
|OJEE 2022 Counseling Begins||1st week of August 2022|
OJEE Eligibility Criteria
Now that you have got an overview of this exam, let us examine the eligibility for some of the courses that you can pursue upon clearing OJEE.
|B.Pharma||Students must have passed 10 +2 Senior Secondary exam with minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates) with BiPC subjects [Biology, Physics, Chemistry]|
|BTech (4 years )||The applicants must have passed 10+2 exams with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates with Maths and Physics along with any one of the subjects like:
Must have passed Diploma [Engineering & Technology] with at least 45% aggregate marks [40% for reserved categories]
|B ARCH||Applicants must have passed 10+2 or Senior Secondary exams with a minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved category candidates) with MPC Subjects [Maths, Physics, Chemistry]
Passed 10+3 Diploma having Maths as a compulsory subject with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved) AND qualified NATA/other aptitude test recognised by UT/State
|MBA||Candidates must have passed a 3 year bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university with at least 50% and 45% marks for unreserved and reserved categories respectively.|
Note: The candidate must be a domiciled resident of Odisha to be eligible to appear for this exam.
OJEE Application Form
- Visit the official website
- Click on the New Registration option.
- According to the preference of your course, select the category on the form.
- Fill in your personal details, i.e. parent’s name, date of birth, gender, contact details
- Submit & proceed to uploading documents
- Applicants have to upload a scanned copy of the signature, photograph & left-hand thumb impression
- Pay the required application fee to complete the application process.
- Applicants should take a hard copy of the application form for future reference.
OJEE Application Fee
Application fee varies depending on the course preference of the applicant. There are 6 categories of OJEE.
|OJEE Application Form A||B. Pharmacy Integrated MBA|
|OJEE Application Form B||LE B Tech, LE BPharma, LE BSc|
|OJEE Application Form C||MBA, MCA, LE MCA|
|OJEE Application Form D||MTech, M.Arch, MPharm, MPlan|
|OJEE Application Form E||MBA and Integrated MBAMBA and Lateral Entry MCAMBA & M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.Plan/M.Arch|
|OJEE Application Form F||B.Tech Special Entrance Exam|
|Form Category||Application Fee Amount in ₹|
|Application Form A, B, C, D, F||₹1000|
|Application Form E||₹1500|
Applicants can pay fees through debit/credit card or internet banking.
OJEE Admit Card
OJEE releases its admit card online, all applicants are required to download two copies of admit card. Steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official Website
- Click on the notification of Admit Card
- Login using your application number & password.
- Download the admit card*
*All applicants must check the details on the admit card are correct and don’t misplace the admit card. Without admit card no applicant is allowed to enter examination centres
OJEE Seat Quota
Under OJEE a certain number of seats are reserved for different categories of applicants:
|SC (Schedule Caste)||8%|
|ST (Schedule Tribe)||12%|
|Green Card Holders||5%|
|PwD (Person with Disabilities)||5%|
|Tuition Fee Waiver||5%|
OJEE Participating Colleges
Both Government & private colleges are participating at OJEE 2022. List of some top government & private colleges.
- Central Institute Of Plastic Engineering And Technology, Patia, Bhubaneswar
- Indira Gandhi Institute Of Technology, Sarang
- SUIIT, Sambalpur
- Government College Of Engineering, Keonjhar
- Government College Of Engineering, Keonjhar
- Adarsha College Of Engineering, Saradhapur
- Balasore College Of Engineering & Technology, Sergarh Balasore
- Apex Institute Of Technology & Management, Pahal
- Bhubaneswar Institute Of Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Capital Engineering College, Khordha
- KIIT School of Rural Management, Bhubaneswar
- Sri Sri University, Cuttack
- GIET University, Gunupur
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar
OJEE Contact Details
- Address – JEE Cell, Gandamunda, Khandagiri,
DIST – Khordha. Bhubaneswar – 751030
Website: odishajee.com, ojee.nic.in
- Contact No. – +0674- 2382101, 2382108
- Email Id – firstname.lastname@example.org
OJEE Exam Pattern
Odisha Joint Entrance Exam offers a range of graduate degree and postgraduate degree courses for admission to prestigious colleges in the state. However, we have tabulated the exam pattern of some of the most opted courses below.
BTech Lateral Entry
To take admission in BTech Lateral Entry program, the candidates have to solve 120 objective type questions in a duration of 2 hours. The section-wise distribution of questions has been tabulated below.
|Basic Electrical Engineering||40|
Candidates who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Pharmacy through OJEE have to attempt a total of 120 multiple-choice questions (MCQ). One can either choose PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) or PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) subjects. The listwise distribution of questions in every section is tabulated below.
Lateral Entry (BSc) Stream
For L.E BSc, candidates have to solve 60 multiple choice questions (MCQ) within one hour. The questions will be asked from Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. Check the table below for more details.
To pursue an MBA through OJEE, a candidate has to solve 120 MCQs which are bifurcated into 4 sections namely, Verbal Reasoning and Comprehension, Analytical & Logical Reasoning, Business Fundamentals, and General Knowledge. In each section, there will be 30 questions.
As discussed, OJEE is a gateway to pursue a wide range of degree programs from reputed academic institutions in the state of Odisha. Due to this, the syllabus varies as per the programme chosen. To give an overview, we have tabulated the subjects on which questions are framed for different courses.
|BPharma/Lateral Entry BPharma||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|MCA||Computer Fundamentals and Mathematics|
|Lateral Entry BTech (Diploma Students)||Engineering Mathematics, Electrical And Electronics Engineering Basics, and Engineering Mechanics|
|Lateral Entry BTech (BSc Students)||Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry|
|MArch||Verbal, Analytical, and Logical Reasoning along with Architecture subjects.|
|MTech||Engineering Mathematics, Verbal and Logical Reasoning along with syllabus of one of the chosen branches like Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Water Resources Engineering, etc.|
Note: We have listed the subjects which constitute the syllabus of every course. However, to know the list of topics covered in every subject, you can refer to the official website of OJEE.
Best Books for OJEE
Some of the books an applicant can refer to during the preparation of OJEE.
|Section / Subjects||Book Name|
|Verbal Reasoning and Comprehension||The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning by Nishit K. Sinha|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning Section||A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal|
|General Awareness and Business Fundamentals Section||General Knowledge by Arihant Publication|
|Mathematics||Maths XI & XII by R. S. Aggarwal|
|Chemistry||Arihant Organic Chemistry|
|Physics||HC Verma for Physics|
Preparation Tips for OJEE
- Practicing previous year question paper & sample paper is the best way to develop your exam strategy , identify your area of weakness and expertise.
- Regular revision is crucial and helps in keeping facts & important points on fingertips.
- Before you start preparing go through the syllabus and analyze the topics.
- It is important to focus on studies but don’t forget to take breaks in between otherwise it may cause confusion & stress.
- It is always a good idea to make notes of important points & topics. This will also increase your speed in revision.
OJEE 2022 Admit Card
On June 27, 2022, the official website of OJEE-MBA 2022 released the admit card. Important information such as candidates’ names, courses, the exam date, location, and timing will be included in OJEE 2022. Candidates should verify that all the information is accurate.
- OJEE 2022 Admit Card: Download Instructions
- Visit OJEE’s official website.
- Choose the “OJEE 2022 Admit Card” link.
- Use your registration ID and password to log in.
- Verify that all of the information on the admit card is accurate.
- Print out the same page.
OJEE 2022 Result
On July 27, 2022, the official website for OJEE 2022 released the online results. Candidates can download their results by following the instructions below.
- Visit OJEE’s official website.
- Select the “OJEE 2022 Result” link.
- Log in using your application number and birthdate, and the scorecards for the candidates will appear on the screen.
- Download the OJEE 2022 Results and print a copy for your records.
OJEE 2022 Counselling
Candidates must register on the official website in order to take part in the OJEE 2022 Counseling procedure, which will be conducted entirely online. By doing the following actions, the candidate who meets the OJEE Cut-Off can participate in counselling:
- Candidates should register for OJEE 2022 Counseling by providing information such as their name, contact information, and OJEE 2022 score.
- Candidates who register successfully must pay the OJEE 2022 Counseling Fees. The counselling fee is INR 450 and may only be paid online.
- Following that, candidates can select their favourite colleges and courses and then click “Save.”
Documents Required: OJEE Counselling
|OJEE 2022 Admit Card||OJEE 2022 Scorecard|
|Passport size photograph||Marksheet of Qualifying Examination|
|10th and 12th Class Marksheet||Category and Medical certificate( if applicable)|
OJEE 2022 Cut-Off
After the OJEE 2022 results are declared, the OJEE 2022 Cut-off will be made public. Participants in OJEE Counseling must achieve the minimal cut-off score needed for the relevant courses. Students can use the OJEE 2022 Seat Matrix to better comprehend the seats provided by the participating universities.
Candidates who want to understand the trend in the cut-off can look at the OJEE 2022 Expected Cut- off. The OJEE 2022 Cut-off will be determined by taking into account variables including the number of applicants, the number of seats available, and the exam difficulty level.
|Other Backward Caste||457-454|
Yes, One mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
Applicants in the final year of graduation are eligible and apply for OJEE.
The language medium is English and questions are objective type i.e. Multiple choice Questions.
The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
The question paper consists of 4 sections.
There is no requirement to send a hardcopy of application form to the exam authority.
The Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) is a golden opportunity for those who wish to pursue higher education in the state. However, if you are planning to study abroad after the 12th but are not sure which university to study in, then reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu. Apart from helping you choose the right academic institution, the team of experts will also provide assistance in completing the admission process and writing an SOP that highlights your candidature from others!