New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) is sponsored by the Government of New Zealand and operated by Education New Zealand to pursue your PhD and Doctoral Degrees in New Zealand. The NZIDRS are a huge educational resource. The scholarships offer financial assistance to international students pursuing doctoral degrees and PhD degrees in Science at New Zealand universities.
This Blog Includes:
About New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
|Organization By||Government of New Zealand|
|Annual No. of Scholarships||8|
|Scholarship Website Link||www.newzealandeducated.com/scholarships|
|Closing Date||16 July|
|Benefits||Living costs of NZ$25,000 per year,
a travel expenses of NZ$2,000,
a health insurance allowance of NZ$500,
and a book and thesis allowance upto NZ$800
which is equal to 14,56,800 INR.
|Study-Level||Doctorate Degrees Research and PhD Degrees|
Also Read: Study in New Zealand for Indian Students
The following are the criteria to be eligible for the NZIDRS Scholarships:
- In your most current postgraduate degree, you must hold a minimum grade equal to a GPA of 3.7 on a scale of 4.0 OR A to A+ average from your institution.
- You must have a valid, non-conditional offer for a PhD (direct start) degree at New Zealand University.
- If you have begun your PhD in New Zealand, your start date must by 1st of July.
- Candidates must carry out on your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- Candidates must not be a resident of New Zealand or Australia.
Also Read: Masters in New Zealand
How to Apply for NZIDRS?
Given below are the steps to apply for NZIDRS:
- Download the application form, or contact the High Commission, Embassy or Consulate of New Zealand for an application consultation.
- Please submit the application form with details in English. Sign the document and timestamp it.
- Add the supporting documentation as provided for in the application form.
- Please send six copies of the application form and six copies of all supporting documentation and submit it to the given website.
Universities for NZIDRS
NZIDRS is a coveted and highly competitive scholarship. It is awarded on the basis of academic achievement and of the prospective thesis of the applicant which is their contribution to New Zealand. The beneficiaries of this award will be of an academic record ranking them in the top 5 per cent of PhD candidates globally.
Must Read: Cost Of Studying In New Zealand: Key Details
Selection Criteria and Procedure
Applications will be considered by a screening committee of senior academics chosen by Education New Zealand. The results of this scholarship will be announced by 17th of October every year. Applications for NZIDRS will be reviewed as per the following criteria:
- The candidate applying for NZIDRS has a background of consistent academic performance, especially in the desired field of study, accompanied by academic records and letters of referral.
- The candidate has a well-defined graduate thesis or research course and wants to study at the participating New Zealand universities with the relevant knowledge and funding.
- The eligible candidate should satisfy all eligibility criteria along with relevant documents.
Living Allowance (a stipend) of NZ$531 per week. An Establishment Allowance of NZ$3000.
New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) is sponsored by the Government of New Zealand and operated by Education New Zealand to pursue your PhD and Doctoral Degrees in New Zealand.
Given below are the steps to get a PhD scholarship:
Find your relevant scholarship
Check the eligibility criteria
Fill out the application form
Hence, we hope that this blog familiarizes you with the key details of the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS). Searching for scholarships to study in New Zealand? Reach out to our Leverage Edu experts and we will help you find the right scholarship to fund your dream of pursuing your higher studies abroad. Sign up for a free session with us now!