Do you have a financial problem which is hindering your pursuit of higher education? Are you compromising your dreams? In day and times today, there are multitudinous options for learners to seek help and begin their educational quest to reach new heights. If you are someone who wants to pursue an Engineering or Medical course and struggling with managing finances then this blog can end your misery. Read on to know about the NSF Scholarship for meritorious Indian students.
This Blog Includes:
What is NSF Scholarship?
NSF stands for North-South Foundation that works with the motto ‘Encouraging Excellence in Education’ by providing scholarship to Indian students aspiring to pursue higher education. The organisation collects funds from raising donations by US participants. Till now, NSF has aided more than 20,000 students giving them better opportunities and career. In India, they assist approx to 1,000 candidates every year who performed excellently in academics and belong to economically backwards or weaker sections of society.
Before 2010, this scholarship was famous only in 10 regions of the country including Kolkata, Chennai, Kochi, Bangalore, Nagercoil, Pune, Madurai, Jodhpur, Hyderabad and Bhubaneswar. Whereas by the end of 2016 Chandigarh, Moradabad, Patna, Guwahati, Patiala and Udaipur were also the part of the pact. With more volunteers adding up to the advertising campaigns NSF Scholarships are becoming more popular across the country.
In order to enjoy the benefits of NSF Scholarship, students have to fulfil certain conditions. Listed below are the eligibility criteria to get this scholarship:
- The student must be above the top 10% of 10+2 and CET/JET ranks of their respective states.
- The candidate who has applied for this scholarship must have secured admission into professional courses like Medical, Engineering, Veterinary, etc from Government or Gov-aid colleges.
- The annual income of the family has to be less than INR 1 lakhs.
NSF Scholarship Amount[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
Under NSF Scholarship, applicants are awarded a money grant ranging from INR 8,000 to 25,000. An important aspect of this scholarship is that you can only get the amount if you have not availed financial aid from any other source.
Important Dates for NSF Scholarship
It is important for students to keep a tab on the application dates to apply for the NSF Scholarship on times. Even though there are no set dates for the same, we can estimate the occurrence of important events in the previous year’s pattern. Generally, the notification of this scholarship comes during the month of September or October and closes by the end of November. Keep checking the official website to stay updated on the matter.
Interested candidates must possess certain documents while filling out the application form. Here is a list of essential ones:
- Certificates and transcripts of class 10th and 12th;
- College Admission Card;
- Ration card/ Aadhar Card;
- Bonafide certificate from college authority in which student is taking admission;
- CET/ JET Rank Card;
- 2 Passport Size Photographs;
- Income certificate issued by a revenue official;
In order to apply for the NSF Scholarship, applicants must follow the following steps:
- First of all, the candidate should open and visit the official website of North-South Foundation.Select the option of Indian Scholarships which will take you to a new page.
- The applicant needs to click on Fresh student applying for the scholarship
- After this, candidates have to register and fill out the online application where they will be asked to enter in personal and academic details.
- Uploading the documents comes next in line, students have to scan and submit all the listed documents.
- Submit the form and wait for the organisation to select the deserving candidates for the grant.
Just like NSF scholarship, there are several other aids that can facilitate your educational journey. Given below are some of them:
- Vodafone Scholarships
- NEST Scholarship
- Jio Scholarship
- Vidya Samunnathi Scholarship
- Colgate Scholarship
- DMS Scholarship
- FFE Scholarship
- NMMS Scholarship
- Prathibha Scholarship
- Aga Khan Scholarship
- CCRT Scholarship
We hope, you got all the essentials of NSF scholarship in this blog. If you are also looking out for opportunities to pursue higher education abroad, contact Leverage Edu and book your free 30-minutes counselling session. Our experts will help you with international scholarships and study loans to make your dream come true!