Norway is one of the three Scandinavian countries and ranks as one of the best countries to live in. The country is also highly rated for its literary rate and educational levels. So it is natural that you would want to study, work at or even visit the country. The first step to reaching the country is applying for the Norway visa for Indians.
This Blog Includes:
Norway Student Visa
Before we understand the process of how to apply for a student visa, let us first understand who needs it and who doesn’t. A student visa won’t be needed if you’re from these countries and plan to study in Norway:
However, if you have planned to stay here for more than 6 months, you will have to report to a tax office for an ID check. Those who are from EU/EFTA/EEA are allowed to stay in the nation for up to 90 days without applying for a student visa. After 90 days, you will have to get one if you want to study in Norway. Those who don’t belong to any of the categories need to have a residence permit in order to study in Norway. Further, you will also be required to prove your financial stability.
Also Read: Here’s How to Study in Norway Without IELTS!
Norway Work Visa From India
Norway has been at the forefront of the UN Human Development Index for several years and is an attractive country to live and work in. If you wish to work in Norway, you need a residence permit. In order to apply, you must have found a job in Norway first. The type of residence permit depends on the length of stay and the type of job that you are applying for. Applicants inside the EU/ EEA can work in the country without any permit.
Norway Visa Fees For Indians
The fees for Norway visas differ as per the type that you are applying for.
|Visa Type||Validity||Fees (INR)|
|Employment and Project Visa||Upto 6 months||1180|
|More than 6 months, less than 1 year||1850|
|More than 1 year and less than 5 years||2690|
|Student Visa||Valid for Upto 5 years||850|
Also Read: MBA in Norway
Who Can Come To Norway
Due to the pandemic, only certain cases of Norway visas are getting approved. Visas are approved if:
- You are a student with an acceptance letter from a recognized Norwegian University
- You have received a job offer from a recognized Norwegian company
- You are visiting a spouse or a registered partner, children, parent, grandchildren or a romantic partner over the age of 18
Norway Visa Application Requirements
- 2 passport size photos
- Passport and copies of your previous visas
- A copy of your return ticket, especially if you are obtaining a visit visa
- A cover letter stating the purpose of your visit
- Attach your proof of accommodation and proof of funds
- Proof of civil status
There are certain requirements that vary with the type of visa:
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of at least 6 months
- Proof of admission in a Norwegian university
How To Apply for Norway Visa?
If you are planning to apply for a Norwegian or Norway visa, you must start your application process no later than 15 days before you need it, with a recommended 4 weeks prior to your departure date.
- You can register the application online on Norway’s official website
- Gather the necessary documents for your visa application
- Once you have registered online, pay the application fee of EUR 80. Once done, you will receive a cover letter and copy of your application form
- Next, when you visit the embassy for interview, take all the necessary documents with you
- The processing time for the visa application is around 15 days
- If approved, you will be contacted by the Embassy
- On arrival to Norway, you must take your passport and visa with you
Also Read: Top Reasons to Study in Nordic Countries
If you are planning to move to the country, you must be fully aware of Norway Visa for Indians and its requirements. Connect with us at Leverage Edu and book your FREE counseling session with us. We will help you throughout your visa process.