Are you interested in investing in stock markets but don’t know how it works? There is a multitude of Stock Market courses that can help you understand the intricacies of financial markets. For those who want to learn from the comfort of their home, you must consider opting for NIFM online courses offered by the National Institute of Financial Markets which is a well-established organization providing a wide variety of classroom and online capital market programs since 2008. These courses enable students and working professionals to achieve a thorough understanding of the stock markets and financial investments. This blog brings you a detailed guide on NIFM courses, their essential features as well as the career opportunities you can explore.
Quick Read: CFP- Certified Financial Planner Course
This Blog Includes:
What is NIFM?
The National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM) was founded in 1993 as a training facility for officers recruited by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through the annual Civil Service Examinations and assigned to the various services in charge of managing senior and top management positions dealing with accounts and finance in the Government of India.
Reasons to Choose NIFM
The following are the reasons to choose NIFM:
- The goal was for NIFM to become a Center of Excellence in Financial Management and related disciplines not only in India but also in Asia
- To ensure that NIFM has more flexibility and autonomy than the departmental academies that existed at the time for officer training, it was decided that the Institute would be a legal entity known as ‘Society.’
- Such societies are legally autonomous entities with the authority to create their own rules and regulations
- This structure gives the Institute more autonomy in academic and administrative matters, allowing for faster decision-making in response to shifting perceptions of desired goals and objectives
Programs of NIFM
Currently, the Institute offers five long-term AICTE-approved programs:
- A one-year Professional Training Course in Public Financial Management for newly recruited probationers of Accounting services
- A one-year Diploma Course in Government Financial Management
- A two-year Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (Financial Management) program for officers of the Central Government, State Governments, Public Sector Undertakings, and other organizations.
- A one-year Weekend Post Graduate Executive Programme in Financial Markets,
- NIFM offers a variety of short-term programs for the Central Government, State Governments, PSUs, and Autonomous Bodies as well. Officers from various foreign countries also take part in the aforementioned programs.
- NIFM also provides consulting services to various Government of India Departments and Organizations, State Governments, PSUs, Autonomous Bodies, Universities, and Foreign Countries.
Salient Features of NIFM Online Courses
Online education (e-learning) brings varied creative ways to learn something new and they have potentially changed the spectrum of learning and growth. By opting for NIFM online courses, anyone can augment their knowledge of financial investments and acquire a deeper understanding of various facets of the financial sector and pursue a rewarding career in the same. NIFM facilitates students with programs that cover the essentials of how stock market trading is carried out, factors corresponding to financial investments, and stock brokerage, amongst others. Further, the major advantages of studying NIFM online courses are as follows:
- Flexible scheduling of lectures
- Self-timed training
- Less costly than other financial programs
- Instructor-led and self-paced learning
Along with this, students are also given the following study materials for their purchased NIFM online course:
- Pre-recorded videos
- Mock Tests
- E-books in PDF format
Recommended Read: Short-term Courses in Finance
Eligibility Criteria & Admission Process
There are no fixed eligibility requirements for NIFM online courses and anyone can apply for these e-learning programs. In order to apply for any online course by NIFM, you must visit their official website and register yourself. Further, you can select the online program, and submit the required fee (which varies as per each course) using a debit or credit card, cheque, online payment, or demand draft and you will be provided with the study material for your chosen course.
Must Read: BSE Courses
List of NIFM Online Courses and Certifications
Now that you are familiar with the key features of NIFM online courses, here is a list of major online diploma-level, crash courses, and certification courses offered by the National Institute of Financial Markets.
|NIFM Online Courses NIFM Online Certification Courses|
|Stock Market Training Online Course Risk Management in Stock Broking
Houses Certification Course
|Certificate Course in Financial Modeling NIFM Certified Smart Investor Course|
|Diploma in Financial Market Management Advanced Technical Analysis Certificate
|Research Analyst Certificate Course Investment Analysis and Portfolio Mgmt
|Option Trading Strategies Module Equity Research Certification Course|
|Capital Market Dealers Module Certificate Course in Financial Market Mgt|
|Technical Analysis Crash Course Wealth Management Certificate Course|
|Derivative Market Dealers Module Fundamental Analysis Certificate Course|
|Commodity Market Dealers Module|
Related Read: Free Online Courses with Certificates
NIFM Online Courses: Career Scope
The share market corresponds to different financial markets and exchanges where securities, shares, and mutual funds are bought and sold. While purchasing the stocks of any entity, you are given the ownership of the same in a certain percentage or proportion. For the intent of savings, the equity price may be spent in the capital sector for the short and long term, depending on the requirements. Based on the risk, age, and dependability of needs, an individual can be a broker or a capital market holder. If you are planning to invest in the share market, you have to start with opening a Demat online account with a broker and connect a bank account with a Demat account. Opening your Demat account is a quick and fast operation, once you have your account, you can start investing in the share market. Further, learning about the operational and functional features of the stock market by studying NIFM online courses, there are various employment areas you can explore like,
- Financial markets
- Banking sector
- Insurance companies
- Broking houses and finance research houses
- Financial institutions and investment banking
If you plan on investing online by yourself rather than finding work prospects, you can trade and invest online or offline via a broker. They have a special ID and password and after giving them the dealing price, you will buy/sell stock and invest accordingly.
Must Read: Online MBA Courses
The National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM) was established in 1993 as a training institution for officers recruited by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through the annual Civil Service Examinations and assigned to the various services in charge of managing senior and top management positions dealing with accounts and finance in the Government of India.
The National Institute of Financial Markets (NIFM) is the best stock market and financial market education institute. Because India’s economy is rapidly expanding, there is a high demand for trained and skilled labor in our country.
The National Institute of Financial Markets (NIFM) specialises in short-term diploma and certification examination courses on the Indian financial market and stock exchange.
Thus, NIFM online courses can certainly help you explore how stock markets operate and what you must know before investing in stock markets or planning your career in stock trading. Aiming to study financial markets but confused about which program to opt for? Sign up for an e-meeting with Leverage Edu experts and we will guide you in selecting the right course and university that fits your preferences, interests, and career aspirations!