New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships offer opportunities for aspiring students from emerging Commonwealth countries to pursue Master’s and Postgraduate studies in New Zealand. It is one of the popular scholarships in New Zealand for international students and especially for those planning to pursue masters in the land of Kiwis! Learn all about the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2021 through our exclusive blog.
This Blog Includes:
About New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based and Need-Based|
|Organization By||Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT), Government of New Zealand|
|Annual No. of Scholarships||2|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Scholarship Website Link||www.newzealandeducated.com/scholarships|
|Academic Year||25th of April 2021|
The scholarship benefits cover financial aid for tuition, living costs while in New Zealand, and airfare expenses.
|Study-Level||Masters’ and PhD Degrees|
Must Read: Top Universities in New Zealand
The following are the criteria to be eligible for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships:
- Applicants must be a citizen from the Commonwealth Countries.
- At the beginning of your scholarship, applicants must be 18 years of age.
- Aspiring Applicants must also meet the visa criteria for foreign student admission to New Zealand or the country in which you are pursuing the scholarship (i.e. health checks, security approvals, etc.)
- Applicants must have an accreditation degree that will help in improving the quality of your home country.
- They must also commit to relocate to your country for at least 2 years at the end of your scholarship.
To apply for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships, the applicants must choose courses that are related to sustainability or the benefit of their home country. The courses vary from country to country. Here is a list of courses that are specific to the Commonwealth Countries of India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan:
|Climate Change and the Environment||Climate Change|
Climate Change Science
Natural Resource Management
|Disaster Risk Management||Disaster Management|
|Food Security and Agriculture||Agricultural Science|
Supply Chain Management
|Renewable Energy||Solar, Hydro-electric and Wind Energy|
Renewable Energy Distribution Systems
Energy Sector Reforms and Management
|Governance||Public Sector Auditing|
Public Financial Management
How to Apply for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships?
Eligible candidates need to follow the following process to apply for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships”
- To request a paper application form, the Candidates must contact the nominating agency in their Commonwealth country.
- Candidates must also request copies of all academic transcripts, in addition to the application form as follows: Class X Certificate and Marksheet, Class XII Certificate and Marksheet, Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree and Transcripts. Certificate and Transcripts Master’s Degree. PhD certificate with Degrees and Transcripts.
After the application for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship has been submitted online, the preliminary shortlisting of candidates is carried out by the MHRD on the criteria of a merit list that grants relative weight to National Significance Institutions/Centrally-Funded Educational Institutions and certified NAAC organisations. To know more about the general selection process of the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships, check out this link.
Thus, we hope that this blog provided you with detailed information on New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships. If you require any further assistance in applying for any of these scholarships or studying in New Zealand, our experts at Leverage Edu are just a click away. Sign up for a free session with our counsellors and get your queries answered!