Medical students from all over the world have several options thanks to MBBS in Nepal. Due to the viability and simple admissions processes, Indian medical students eagerly favour MBBS programs in Nepal. An additional advantage is the friendly connections between the two countries. The educational system in Nepal is solid, and both domestic and foreign students can study there in peace. The best medical schools in Nepal develop a concise syllabus that covers the entire MBBS course curriculum. In Nepal, MBBS programs last for five years and six months. The students receive training in both clinical and theoretical knowledge during the first four years. After that, the students need to do internship courses, which is why a medical school in Nepal is inexpensive. For medical operations in Nepal, aspirants must pass the NEET exam. All of Nepal’s major universities have the approval of NMC, UNESCO, and WHO. Continue reading this blog for more information on the fee structure for MBBS in Nepal for Indian students.
Quick Information about MBBS in Nepal
|Recognition||NMC and WHO-approved Colleges|
|Eligibility||50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology Aggregate|
|Course Duration||5 Years|
|Minimum Tuition Fee||₹ 46,00,000|
|Maximum Tuition Fee||₹ 75,00,000|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
This Blog Includes:
- Quick Information about MBBS in Nepal
- Why study MBBS in Nepal?
- Nepal MBBS Fees Structure 2022-2023
- Best Medical Colleges in Nepal for MBBS
- Scholarship Offered to Students for MBBS in Nepal 2022-23
- Duration of MBBS in Nepal
- Admissions to MBBS in Nepal
- Education Methodology Implemented by Nepal Medical Universities
- Benefits of MBBS in Nepal
Why study MBBS in Nepal?
- The MBBS program in Nepal is structured similarly to the MBBS program in India.
- The medical and educational facilities in Nepal are among the best. KIST Medical College, Nobel Medical College, and Lumbini Medical College are the three most well-known medical sciences universities in the nation.
- The dependability, security, and rankings of Nepal’s medical universities are well-known.
- The theoretical and practical information provided to all students is of the highest calibre.
- The curriculum and pattern for MBBS in Nepal are distinctive.
- In comparison to other nations, studying medicine in Nepal is less expensive.
- When compared to colleges in other foreign nations, MBBS tuition in Nepal is affordable.
- The dormitory facilities at the universities are excellent.
- The Nepal MBBS fees are also not very expensive compared to other countries
Nepal MBBS Fees Structure 2022-2023
Mentioned below are the Nepal MBBS Fees for Indian students in specific colleges-
|Name of the University||Recognition||Tuition Fees For 5 Years|
|KIST Medical College||Tribhuvan University||45 to 55 Lakh|
|National Medical College||Tribhuvan University||60 to 65 Lakh|
|Devdaha Medical College||Kathmandu University||50 to 55 Lakh|
|Nepalgunj Medical College||Kathmandu University||55 to 60 Lakh|
|Chitwan Medical College||Tribhuvan University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|Birat Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|Manipal College of Medical Sciences||Kathmandu University||55 to 65 Lakh|
|Lumbini Medical College & Research Center||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||–||40 to 50 Lakh|
|Institute of Medicine||Tribhuvan University||40 to 50 Lakh|
|Nobel Medical College||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|Gandaki Medical College||Tribhuvan University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|Janaki Medical College||Tribhuvan University||45 to 55 Lakh|
|Kathmandu Medical College||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|Nepal Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Kathmandu University||50 to 60 Lakh|
|Universal College of Medical Sciences||Tribhuvan University||55 to 65 Lakh|
|Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences||Kathmandu University||45 to 55 Lakh|
|Kathmandu National Medical College||Kathmandu University||45 to 55 Lakh|
Best Medical Colleges in Nepal for MBBS
Below mentioned are the top and best medical colleges in Nepal for MBBS –
|College||Year of Establishment|
|Nepalgunj Medical College||1997|
|Birat Medical College||1991|
|Chitwan Medical College||2006|
|Lumbini Medical College||2009|
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||1993|
|Manipal College Of Medical Science||1994|
|Nepal Medical College||1997|
|Nobel Medical College||2004|
|Gandaki Medical College||2007|
|Universal College Of Medical Sciences Nepal||1998|
|Devdaha Medical College And Research Institute||2008|
|National Medical College||1948|
Scholarship Offered to Students for MBBS in Nepal 2022-23
To help students bear the fees for MBBS in Nepal, various scholarship programs are available from public or private institutions. Good benefits are provided by the federal or state governments, such as research on scholarships in Nepal. It very well might be advantageous in this way for motivated medical students.
Indian students can apply for North-South Foundation College Scholarships. For Indian students who need to pursue their medical education in Nepal, there is a funding scheme available. A student must pass the scholarship placement test in order to be eligible for this award program.
Like the financial rundown, the scholarship in Nepal is awarded on the basis of merit. For pupils to maintain a respectable academic standard, this is quite helpful.
Leverage Finance helps students with completely digital, paperless & presence-less loans, international money transfers & international bank accounts.
Duration of MBBS in Nepal
- The Nepal MBBS program lasts for five years and six months in total.
- For theoretical and clinical education, the first four years are set aside.
- The student is anticipated to be working during an internship after finishing four years of school.
Admissions to MBBS in Nepal
Eligibility for MBBS in Nepal
- The medical student must be younger than 17 years of age.
- Students must be at least 17 years old to apply for admission to an MBBS program.
- The student must pass the 12th grade in order to be admitted to the MBBS program in Nepal.
- The core courses in the sciences ought to be Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- In each of the aforementioned subjects, the candidate must receive at least 50% of the possible points.
- There are entrance exams for certain of Nepal’s medical universities.
- From university to university, the rules could be varied.
- September marks the start of the Nepal MBBS session.
- At least 60 days prior to the start of the MBBS course, the application process begins.
- Download the application form, then correctly complete it.
- Along with the application, submit the necessary paperwork.
- MBBS program fees must be paid.
- Your application for admission is currently being processed by the college.
- Students will not be permitted to meet the necessary qualifying requirements.
- Birth certificate of the medical candidate.
- 10th and 10+2-mark sheets of the medical candidate.
- School leaving certificate.
- Certificate of conduct.
- Medical fit certificate.
- Nationality proof in the form of Aadhar card, PAN card, voter I.D., or any other valid I.D. proof.
- The student must submit their NEET scorecard results when applying for admission.
- Along with other important documents, Indian students are required to have a legitimate and current Indian passport.
- There is no necessity to grant a visa to Indian students.
- Other important documents may be requested by the university. At the time of admission, the students must collect and submit them.
Points to Note
- The requirements for MBBS admission may vary by the university in Nepal, as well as the admissions procedure.
- Nevertheless, the admissions process is simple and open.
- The details of some of the changes are highlighted in the following points.
- For MBBS admission in Nepal, several universities don’t require an entrance exam.
- In Nepal’s Top Universities, students can apply directly.
- Other universities, however, have exams that applicants must pass in order to be admitted.
Education Methodology Implemented by Nepal Medical Universities
- There are more than 50 medical universities and colleges.
- Both undergraduate and graduate medical courses are available from them.
- English is the primary language of instruction at almost all medical universities in Nepal.
- Nepali is the primary language of instruction at Nepal’s medical universities.
- English and Nepali are both used as the official languages of instruction at certain of Nepal’s medical universities.
- The medical college curriculum in Nepal adheres to international standards.
- International students are cordially welcomed.
- Every medical college places a premium on practical expertise.
Benefits of MBBS in Nepal
Apart from the low fee structure in Nepal MBBS colleges for Indian students, the country offers several other benefits.
- Numerous medical specialities, including general medicine, dentistry, surgery, paediatrics, and others, are available for study.
- Given that Nepal is a close neighbour, travelling is comparatively more comfortable for Indian students.
- Nepal has implemented a no-visa policy for students from India. As a result, the documentation process becomes comparatively simple and practical.
- Medical universities in Nepal use a straightforward and hassle-free admissions procedure.
- Nepal’s cultures and religions are relatively comparable to those of India.
- For international students, the government has certain security regulations.
- Students from India won’t have any trouble interacting with the locals. The majority of them are able to communicate in Hindi.
- 1000 medical seats in Nepal are reserved each year for Indian applicants by the National Medical Commission.
- For MBBS admission in Nepal, medical students do not need to pass any entrance exams like the TOEFL or IELTS.
The medical and educational facilities in Nepal are among the best. KIST Medical College, Nobel Medical College, and Lumbini Medical College are the three most well-known medical sciences universities in the nation. The dependability, security, and rankings of Nepal’s medical universities are well-known.
You must achieve at least a 40 percentile on the top NEET scale in order to study MBBS in Nepal. For NEET eligibility, that is the minimal qualifying percentile.
An initial salary of INR 35,000 per month. Candidates who develop the necessary skills can make a considerable annual salary between Rs. 8 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs.
The MBBS Scholarship Program in Nepal offers financial aid to MBBS students. A competitive exam is used by the Ministry of Education (MoE) to choose scholarship candidates. Government regulations are followed under the Scholarship Rules 2060 (2003) (2002/2003 AD) (14).
Hope now you know MBBS Colleges in Nepal, Nepal MBBS Fee structure for Indian students, and more. Nepal provides a plethora of opportunities for Indian students wanting to study medicine. Not sure which college to choose? Don’t worry our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.