The International Forum for Excellence in Higher Education(IFEHE) organizes the National Creativity Aptitude Test (NCAT) to inspire creative thinking and nurture the students in a manner that they feel inclined to read, write, learn and practice the same. Applicable to the students of Engineering, Science, and Management backgrounds, the test is conducted in the English medium. IFEHE, through their aptitude test, assesses the creativity quotient of the candidates and not solely focuses on examining the cramming and learning abilities. This is done with an objective to renew the self-confidence and belief of the entrants. In this blog, we will shed light on the details like important dates and awards pertinent to the aptitude test.
This Blog Includes:
|S.No.||NCAT Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Deadline for Registration||12th March 2021|
|2.||Round 1 Exam Date [Online]||15th March to 30th March 2021|
|3.||Round 1 Result Declaration||10th April 2021|
|4.||Round 2 Exam Date [Online]||26th April 2021 to 5th May 2021|
|5.||Declaration of Winners||16th May 2021|
NCAT: Student Categories
The students appearing for the NCAT exam are categorized into four categories based upon their level of education as well as the courses they pursued. These are:
- Category 1: 1st Year students from BTech/BEng/BSc/BBA/BCA
- Category 2: 2nd Year students from BTech/BEng/BSc/BBA/BCA
- Category 3: 3rd Year students from BTech/BEng/BSc/BBA/BCA & 4th Year students from BTech/BEng
- Category 4: 1st and 2nd Year students from MTech/MSc/MBA/MCA
Also Read: BSc vs BTech
Application Process for NCAT
- To participate in the NCAT, a single consolidated demand draft has to be submitted by the college/institute for the exam fees of all the students after retaining the college/institute share.
- The Demand Draft is to be drawn in favor of IFEHE which would be payable at New Delhi.
- The DD is to be submitted such that it reaches the IFEHE before 07th February 2020.
- To qualify as a center for the NCAT examination, the college/institute must submit a minimum of 100 entries across different categories. Hence, the college must encourage more students to participate in the examination.
|Mailing Address – Mr Lalit Jonwal, C-128 (UGF) Jeewan Park, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110059.|
Given below is the eligibility criteria-
For PGP ACM, PGP PEM, PGP IFDM & PGP REUIM:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering in any discipline/Architecture/Planning.
- Minimum of fifty of the total marks in their exams.
For PGP MFOCB:
- The candidate must be a graduate from any discipline.
- Minimum of fifty of the entire marks in their exams.
- The applicant should belong to a family having a construction business and will be able to provide the documents.
For PGP QSCM:
- A UG degree in Engineering in any discipline.
- Minimum of 50% of total marks in their exams
For PGP HSEM:
- A UG degree in Engineering in any discipline, OR
- Should have a four year of experience with a Diploma in Engineering from any discipline.
- Minimum of 50% of total marks in their exams
Note: If you want to give this exam, the registration for this exam ends on 31st January 2020. So, buck up and apply for this exam via NCAT Student Form and submit it to your Institute.
NCAT: Exam Format
The NCAT exam is open for the students of Science, Engineering and Management background who are currently enrolled in their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. The test would be conducted in two rounds as per their category. The primary objective of which is to test the logical ability and creative thinking of the candidate. Summarized below are the two rounds of the examination:
- This phase of the NCAT exam is conducted in the college/institute premises. From each college, two top-performing students per category are selected along with the students who secured 90 percentile and above in the first round.
- There will be 100 multiple-choice questions in NCAT that need to be solved within a span of 120 minutes. Before the commencement of the examination, 10 minutes will be given to the participants to fill up the OMR sheet. The paper has three sections i.e.
- For every correct answer, one mark is allotted whereas 0.25 mark is deducted for incorrect answers. To qualify for the round 2 of NCAT, the applicant needs to clear the basic cut off for the section 2 and 3 but the marks of these two sections would not be added to the final score for round 1. The exam timing is 09:30 am to 11:30 am.
- Keeping the MCQs aside, the emphasis in this phase is laid on putting forth questions to assess the creativity to achieve the success of the candidate by asking a range of subjective questions.
- The 2nd round of NCAT exam will be conducted in three cities: New Delhi, Ahmedabad, and Bangalore* and would begin at 09:00 am.
* The test centers are subject to change
- Just like the round 1, there would be 60 multiple choice questions which will be succeeded by subjective questions. Further, there will be an activity based on achievement motivation. In this round of the NCAT also, there would be three sections however, they would be different from the previous ones. These sections are:
Awards & Recognition
- Cash prizes for the NCAT are distributed to the winners as follows:
- 1st Prize: Rs. 20,000
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 15,000
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 10,000
- A residential certificate course on Creativity and Innovation, that spans over a period of one week, is given to the top 15 students from each category from IFEHE.
- A Certificate of Excellence is awarded to students who have secured 75 percentile and above in the first round of NCAT.
- Certificate of Participation is also awarded to all the entrants who have appeared for the NCAT.
- Creative Institute Award is given to the institute/college that has the maximum fraction of students in the top 10 percentile from their organization.
Hopefully, with this blog, you are now familiar with the NCAT exam. There are ample of career options when it comes to the field of Science or Management. From pursuing courses like BBA, and BSc Nautical Science to MSc Computer Science and MBA, there is an array of degree programs to study and build a career in. If you want to enroll into these programs abroad or need information pertaining to such exams then the experts at Leverage Edu can help you with your queries and provide you with information about other such exams.