Interested about Cyber Security but don’t know where to start? Want to pursue an educational degree in the same? If you want to learn about MTech in Cyber Security amidst the confusion and uncertainty around the subject, you have come to the right place. In this blog, we will discuss MTech in Cyber Security. Which will help you receive a better overview of the course.
This Blog Includes:
- What is MTech in Cyber Security?
- Why Study MTech in Cyber Security?
- MTech in Cyber Security Course Structure
- MTech in Cyber Security Admission Process
- MTech in Cyber Security in India
- Cost of Studying
- Career Prospects of MTech in Cyber Security
- Top Recruiters
What is MTech in Cyber Security?
Master of Technology in Cyber Security is a degree in computer science that allows one to study communication concerning its technological aspects, while simultaneously examining and understanding the intricacies of legality behind ethical cyber issues on computer security.
Why Study MTech in Cyber Security?
Cybersecurity is a topic that is exponentially growing in relevance in the global climate. Exploring the reasons why one should study MTech in Cyber Security, we find the following:
- Demand: With an increase in cyber attacks, the need for cyber security and specialised people in the field is high.
- Experience: Cyber security professionals are made to experience real-life dangers of cyber security, that they are responsible for handling in their jobs.
- Job Opportunities: After the completion of MTech in Cyber Security, there’ll be several jobs awaiting your presence. Examples are Cyber Security Architect, Security Analyst, Security Application programmer, etc.
- Salary: The salary is notable in the case of cybersecurity professionals; ranging from INR 1 lakhs – INR 17 lakhs per year.
Also Read: Cyber Security Courses
MTech in Cyber Security Course Structure
Now, what does Cyber Security exactly include? Some of the topics covered in MTech in Cyber Security are as follows:
|Semester 1||Sem 2||Sem 3||Sem 4|
|Digital Hardware Modeling||Database and Application Security||Algorithmic in Cryptographic Protocols||Project 2|
|Problem Solving and Programming||Information Theory and Coding||Elective II|
|Internetworking and Security||Cryptography||Elective III|
|Applied Algebra||Mobile and Wireless Network Security||Elective IV|
|Computational Statistics and Data Mining||Elective I||Project 1|
|Self-awareness and Personality Development|
International Universities for MTech in Cyber Security
The UK and the USA are at the top when it comes to Cyber Security courses. Listed below are some of the best places to study MTech in Cyber Security.
|Universities||QS Ranking 2023|
|London Metropolitan University||801 – 1000|
|University of Greenwich, UK||801 – 1000|
|Teesside University, England||–|
|Arizona State University, USA||219|
|Southern Utah University, USA||–|
|University of Greenwich, London||801-1000|
|Buckinghamshire New University, UK||–|
|Concord University, USA||–|
|University of Portsmouth, UK||701-750|
MTech in Cyber Security Admission Process
MTech in Cyber Security is addressed with great importance abroad. Let’s check out its eligibility criteria below.
- Bachelors in relevant courses with a minimum of 50 percent to 60 percent.
- To study abroad, you have to give English language proficiency tests like IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE and clear the minimum score requirement specified by the chosen university.
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of the passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and spring intake for international students to kick-start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study Sociology in UK:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university
MTech in Cyber Security in India
Masters of Technology are slowly growing in demand in India given the accompanying rise in cyber security cases in India over the years. Let’s have a short overview of MTech in Cyber Security in India:
|Eligibility Criteria||B.E or B. Tech in Cyber Security with 50% marks at least|
Indian Universities for MTech in Cyber Security
Below we have provided the top Indian Universities for MTech in Cyber Security:
- Calicut University
- National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT), Delhi
- HITS Chennai
- Webel Fujisoft Vara Centre of Excellence, Kolkata
- Marwadi University, Rajkot
- Amity University, Jaipur
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- Swami Vivekananda University ( SVU), Kolkata
Cost of Studying
Below we have mentioned the average cost of studying MTech in cyber security in India and abroad:
|INR 30K – INR 2 lacs||INR 12.8 to 32 lacs|
Career Prospects of MTech in Cyber Security
Not always would one come across a domain that’s so widely accepted across all fields; from Healthcare to retail, to IT, to Finance, you name it. But with cyber security, you are required to protect valuable information across all branches, so naturally, the demand for cyber security is ever-increasing across all sectors.
Some types of jobs are as follows:
- Security Application Programmer:
Meeting client requirements is of utmost importance. Develop new software, and work across several programming languages, as a Security Application Programmer. Coordinating with other team members and departments is also a part of the job profile.
- Security Researcher:
Identify and research. As a Security Researcher, you must research various technical modes of security and specialise in identifying and resolving security threats.
- Cyber Security Architect:
Developing an approach towards solutions against cyber threats and providing strategies on cross-sectional projects, while also engaging in vendor and business relationships – is the role of a Cyber Security Architect.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner:
They are always ready with a way to respond to security threats and incidents, while also monitoring information systems and developing ways of protecting the same.
Along with jobs, the following is the range of salaries provided to cyber security professionals.
|Security Analyst||INR 4 Lacs-6 Lacs|
|Cyber Security Architect||INR 2 Lacs-3 Lacs|
|Security Architect||INR 10 Lacs-12 lacs|
|Security Application Programmer||INR 3 Lacs-5 Lacs|
|Security Researcher||INR 1 Lac-3 Lacs|
Some cyber security companies are as follows:
- Palo Alto Networks
- Check Point
- Trend Micro
The US is the best country to study Cyber Security in your master’s.
A Master of Technology in Cyber Security is one of the best degrees for cyber security.
IIT Delhi and IIT Kanpur are the best IITs for MTech in Cyber Security.
This was all about MTech in Cyber Security. If you want to get into a high-ranked university for MTech in Cyber Security, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.