Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy is a postgraduate degree for 2 years. This course enables you to deal with the healthcare field of treating an individual or any other person who is undergoing physical as well as mental trauma. The course curriculum is designed in a concise manner to give a proper insight that takes a person towards good mental and physical health. If you want to know more about MSc. Occupational therapy, syllabus, top universities abroad, top institutions in India and much more than Keep Reading!
|Name of the course||Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy|
|Level of the course||Post-graduation|
|Eligibility criteria||Graduation in relevant discipline with a minimum 55%|
|Average course fees||INR 3000 to INR 1 Lakh|
|Average salary||INR 22 Lakhs per annum|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study M.Sc. Occupational Therapy?
There is an array of reasons why you must opt M.Sc. Occupational Therapy. Some of the common reasons are
- Popular course: M.Sc. Occupational Therapy is one of the popular courses nowadays because it is rated as one of the top jobs annually with constant growth globally.
- Diversified Career Options: there are many options when you pursue M.Sc. In Occupational Therapy, you can work for the various government as well as private sectors like NGOs, schools, hospitals, etc.
- Job Positions: you can work as a Medical Record Technician, Occupational Therapist and much more.
- High Package: After completion of M.Sc. In Occupational Therapy you get recruited by the top institutions and get high packages.
Also Read: MSc Infectious Diseases
With a concise curriculum that focuses on theory as well as practical applications, the MSc in Occupational Therapy course consists of the following structural modules:
|Basic science||Anatomy and physiology|
|Treatment Approaches and Models in O.T.||OT intervention in Orthopedics and Neurology conditions|
|Advanced O.T. in Neurosciences||Advanced OT in Mental Health|
|OT in General Conditions||Occupational Therapy Intervention in Paediatrics conditions|
|Advanced OT in Pediatrics||–|
|Advanced OT in Orthopedics||OT in Education|
|Occupational Therapy in Mental Health Conditions||Advanced OT in Cardio-Respiratory Conditions|
|OT in Cardio-Respiratory Conditions||Advanced O.T. in Neurosciences|
|Advanced OT in hand Therapy||Advanced OT in Orthopedics|
|Biostatistics & Research Methodology||Dissertation|
Top University for M.Sc. Occupational Therapy Abroad
Some of the top prestigious universities in the world for MSc Occupational Therapy are
|Name of the Universities||Country|
|University of Manchester||UK|
|The University of British Columbia||Canada|
|University of Alberta||Canada|
|Memorial University of Newfoundland||UK|
|Arizona State University||the USA|
|Ludwig Maximilians University Munich||Germany|
|University of Greenwich||UK|
|University of Waterloo||Canada|
Top Colleges for M.Sc. Occupational Therapy
If you want to pursue MSc Occupational Therapy in India then the most important thing is to find a perfect college for you. To help you in the same below are the top colleges for MSc Occupational Therapy in India:
|Name of the Colleges||Location||1st Year Tuition Fee|
|Miranda House||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹19,800|
|Loyola College||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||₹16,790|
|Hansraj College||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹24,515|
|Presidency College||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||₹1,270|
|Kirorimal College||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹14,595|
|St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai, Maharashtra||₹7,187|
|Ramjas College||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹14,610|
|Sri Venkateswara College – Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹14,555|
|Kalinga University||Raipur, Chhattisgarh||₹80,250|
|Stella Maris College||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||₹22,895|
Both Indian and foreign colleges/universities require a few basic eligibility requirements due to the intense curriculum of this course. These eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You are required to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university or institution.
- You must have completed your 10+2 examination with an aggregate of 60% marks from the recognized board.
- You are also required to have completed an internship for at least 6 months.
- You are eligible when you have an aggregate mark minimum of 55% in a bachelor’s degree.
- If you are pursuing bachelors and you are in your final year then also you are eligible to apply for the M.Sc. Occupational Therapy course.
- In terms of a foreign university, the candidate is also required to submit their English proficiency test scores and a valid passport
Also Read: MSc Parasitology
When applying for an Msc. in an Occupational Therapy course abroad, you have to consider several factors. These include the application process specified by your college, the visa process of your country, and various other details. LeverageEdu simplifies the process for you and makes it easier for you to take admission to your dream university abroad. Book a free counselling session today.
There are a plethora of job opportunities after completion of M.Sc. Occupational Therapy. Some of the popular job profiles are
- Employment Sector/Industry for Occupational Therapist
- Government Hospitals.
- Private Hospitals.
- Rehabilitation Centres.
- Community Health Centres.
- Nursing Homes.
- Geriatric Centres.
- Own Business or Practice.
Also Read: MSc Behavioural Economics
The average salary for different profiles after completion of M.Sc. Occupational Therapy is
|Job Profile||Average Salary in INR|
|Assistant occupation therapist||90000|
|Geriatric occupational therapist||130000|
|Paediatric occupational therapist||100000|
A master degree in Occupational Therapy or a Master in Occupational Therapy (MOT) is a postgraduate degree for a duration of 2 years.
Yes, you can pursue Occupational Therapy as an MSc, PGDip or PGCert. By qualifying for the basic eligibility criteria you can get admission for the same courses.
You are required to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university or institution and you must have completed your 10+2 examination with an aggregate of 60% marks from the recognized board.
Are you planning to pursue a BSc in Life Sciences? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.