MSc Nanotechnology (Masters of Science in Nanotechnology) is a research-based graduate degree designed for students who have physical sciences and engineering backgrounds. Nanotechnology is the study and application of extremely small things that can be used across all the other science fields, such as chemistry, biology, physics, materials science, and engineering. MSc Nanotechnology prepares students for a career in a wide range of sectors i.e biotechnology, agriculture, food, genetics, space research, medicine and many more. MSc Nanotechnology provides the students with excellent career opportunities as nanotechnology is a highly demanded field worldwide. A nanotech professional can easily find jobs in most of the fields, making it a perfect career choice for science enthusiasts.
|MSc Nanotechnology||Masters of Science in Nanotechnology|
|Career Fields||Medical Scientists Food Scientists & Technologists Electrical Engineers|
This Blog Includes:
- Top Courses for MSc Nanotechnology
- Top Universities offering MSc Nanotechnology in the World
- Top Universities offering MSc Nanotechnology in India
- Eligibility Requirements
- How to Apply?
- Documents Checklist
- Cost of Studying MSc Nanotechnology
- Average Salary
Top Courses for MSc Nanotechnology
The table below mentions some of the top courses in Nanotechnology offered by Universities around the world.
|Master of Science in Nanoscience and Microsystems||University of New Mexico, US|
|Master of Applied Science in Chemical Engineering (Nanotechnology)||University of Waterloo, Canada|
|Master of Science in Physics – Nanotechnology||University of Waterloo, Canada|
|Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering – Integrated Nanosystems and Devices||University of California- Davis, US|
|Master of Science in Nanomaterials||Drexel University, US|
|Master of Science in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering – Materials and Nanotechnology||Georgia Institute of Technology, US|
|Master of Science in Engineering – Nanotechnology||University of Pennsylvania, US|
|Master of Science in Engineering- Chemical Engineering (Nanotechnology)||University of New Brunswick, Canada|
|Master of Science in NanoEngineering||University of California- San Diego, US|
|Master of Applied Science in Systems Design Engineering – Nanotechnology||University of Waterloo, Canada|
Must Read: Applications of Nanotechnology
Top Universities offering MSc Nanotechnology in the World
The table below mentions the top universities offering MSc Nanotechnology ranked by the prestigious QS World University Rankings 2022.
|Georgia Institute of Technology, US||#88|
|Stanford University, US||#3|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US||#1|
|Harvard University, US||#5|
|University of Wollongong, Australia||#193|
|University of Waterloo, Canada||#149|
|University of Oxford, UK||#2|
Must Read: Best Engineering Courses For Future
Top Universities offering MSc Nanotechnology in India
The table below mentions the top universities offering MSc Technology in India along with their total tuition fees:
|Amity University of Nanotechnology||INR 1,38,000|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||INR 1,13,000|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Technology||INR 60,000|
|Panjab University||INR 61,000|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh University||INR 78,840|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 2,00,000 – 3,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Science – Bangalore||INR 43,400|
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an institution recognised by the government of India and passed with the required grades. The minimum grade requirement ranges from the GPA of 6.75 – 9.0/10 or 55%-70%.
- Some universities may ask for an entrance exam for admission.
English Language Requirements
English Language Proficiency requirements may vary for different countries but general requirements are:
Eligibility Criteria in India
- A B.Sc. graduate (Physics/Chemistry/Math/Life Sciences) with one of the subjects as principal & the other two as subsidiary with a minimum of 50%.
- The degree must be obtained from a recognised college or university.
- Some institutes have entrance exam based admissions.
How to Apply?
The application process differs based on the university and country of your choice. Some universities allow you to apply directly while others use third-party applications to filter out forms for them. To understand how you can study in some of the best universities in the world, here is a country-wise guide for you:
Application process for USA universities
- Check the Eligibility Requirements
- Prepare Required Materials
- Fill the Application Form
- Submit Your Application
- Submit Official Materials
- Pay the Application Fee
- Check Application Status
Application Process for UK Universities
Every country has its own process of application submission. You can call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to study in a UK university! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study MSc Nanotechnology in the UK:
- Call our Leverage Edu student counselors at 1800 572 000 to shortlist your courses with the help of our trusted AI Course Finder. The experts will then commence your application process of multiple universities through our common dashboard platform where you can yourself witness the status of your application process.
- The next step is to gather and compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- If you haven’t yet prepared for your IELTS exam, which is surely an important factor of studying abroad, join our Leverage Live classes and get trained by experts to score high.
- After submitting your application and all the necessary documents, the experts will then start with the application process for accommodation, UK students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- It’s now time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. Post accepting your offer letter, it’s now time to pay your semester fees, get your visa approved, CAS-Letter, pack your bags and fly to the UK.
Application Process for Canadian Universities
The application process for studying MSc Nanotechnology at the University of Waterloo is as follows:
- Remember to apply at least two to four weeks ahead of your program’s application deadline to ensure you have time to upload your supporting documents.
- Create your Waterloo student account (Quest).
- Upload your application documents to the University of Waterloo through Quest.
- Update your application, if necessary.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee.
Must Read: Tech Jobs without Coding
- Application form
- Birth certificate
- Academic Transcripts for 10th, 12th class, and bachelor’s degree
- Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Experience Letters (if any)
- Proof of Financial Evidence
Also Read: List of Documents Required to Study Abroad
Cost of Studying MSc Nanotechnology
|India||INR 1,00,000 – 3,00,000|
|USA||USD 70,000 to USD 100,000 (INR 53.10 – 75.86 Lakhs)|
|UK||£24,000 – £30,000 (INR 24 – 30 Lakhs)|
|Canada||CAD $29,886 (INR 17 Lakhs)|
|Australia||AUS $34,092 (INR 18 Lakhs)|
- International Academic Scholarships at Lynn University, USA 2022-23
- Global Excellence Scholarship at University of Minnesota, USA 2022-23
- University of Queensland PhD Scholarships in Vitro and Biomechanical Engineering Experiments, Australia 2022-23
- York University Tentanda Via Awards for International Students, Canada 2022-23
- International Student Scholarships at Mount Saint Vincent University, Canada 2021-22
Nanotechnology has turned out to be an emerging field in today’s time. Students pursuing MSc Nanotechnology are offered a wide range of career prospects. It is a highly demanded field for professionals. Due to the diversity in this field more and more students are willing to pursue MSc Nanotechnology to make their future stable.
- Applications Engineer
- Director of Product Marketing
- Director of Research
- Holography and Optics Technician
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Market Development Manager
- Mechanical Engineer
- Optical Assembly Technician
- Optical Engineer
- Product Marketing Manager
- Research & Development Engineers
- Research Scientist
- Sales Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Aerospace Engineering Jobs
- Astronomy Jobs
- Coating Jobs
- Medical Imaging Jobs
- Optics Jobs
- Medical Scientists
Also Read: Popular Careers in Creative Technology
|Job Profile||Average Salary||In INR|
|Applications Engineer||USD $73,337||INR 5,559,989|
|Chemical Engineer||USD $44,738||INR 3,390,719|
|Research Scientist||USD $66,595||INR 5,052,862|
|Director of Research||USD $122,585||INR 9,292,353|
Nanotechnology provides job opportunities in the health industry; pharmaceutical industry; agriculture industry; environment industry; food and beverage industry as well in government and private research institutes. So you have a lot of options to begin your career with.
It takes about 2 years to study MSc Nanotechnology.
Are you planning to study MSc Nanotechnology in any of the countries mentioned above? Call our Leverage Edu at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE session to get started on an incredible journey!