The MSc International Marketing and Brand Management or master of science in marketing and brand management is a full-time Master’s degree programme. This program deals with marketing and brand management characterised by digital change. Moreover, this also provides key digital certifications taught in English and also prepares students for a diverse marketing career. If you want to know about why pursue MSc marketing and brand management, courses, top universities and much more then keep reading!
|Course Level||Master Degree|
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam and Merit Based|
|Average Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 8 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 12 Lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Exim, SEA, Al Futtaim Kaybee, RAK Bank, KOJ Establishment, Ranbaxy Fine Chemicals India, Sony, Al Ghanim, Spencer’s Retail Ltd India, etc.|
|Top Job Areas||Education & Research Institutes, FMCG companies, Catering Organizations, Sales, Banks, Retail, IT Companies etc.|
|Top Job Positions||Associate Professor, Consultant, Management Trainee, Zonal Business Manager, Assistant Manager, Sales Operations Associate, etc.|
This Blog Includes:
Why study MSc Marketing and Brand Management?
There are various reasons to pursue MSc in Marketing and brand management. Some of these most common reasons are:
- While pursuing the course you will develop a plethora of skills to master brand management that too in an international context.
- You will master the latest marketing expertise based on the knowledge and experience given by professors and professionals.
- Another greatest advantage you will avail yourself of is the digital communication skills that are necessary for developing a branding career.
- It helps you to learn and practice with the help of real-life brand case studies.
The master’s degree usually has a duration of 1 to 2 years with 2 semesters. The syllabus for MSc marketing and brand management depends upon different universities. The common syllabus is given below:
|Strategic Marketing and Planning||Retailing and Omnichannel Management|
|Big Data, Insight and Analytics||CRM and Customer Experience|
|Marketing Consultancy Project||–|
|Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing||Integrated Marketing Communications|
|Accounting and Finance for Strategic Marketing||Managing Brands|
|B2B Sales and Key Account Management||Customer Behaviour|
Top Universities for MSc Marketing and Brand Management Abroad
Some of the top prestigious universities in the world for MSc Marketing and Brand Management are:
|Name of the Universities||Country|
|University of Manchester||UK|
|The University of British Columbia||Canada|
|University of Alberta||Canada|
|Memorial University of Newfoundland||UK|
|Arizona State University||USA|
|Ludwig Maximilians University Munich||Germany|
|University of Greenwich||UK|
|University of Waterloo||Canada|
Top Colleges for MSc Marketing and Brand Management
If you want to pursue MSc in Marketing and Brand Management in India then the most important thing is to find the perfect college for you. To help you in the same below are the top colleges for MSc Marketing and Brand Management in India:
|Name of the Colleges||Location||1st Year Tuition Fee|
|Miranda House||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹19,800|
|Loyola College||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||₹16,790|
|Hansraj College||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹24,515|
|Presidency College||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||₹1,270|
|Kirorimal College||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹14,595|
|St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai, Maharashtra||₹7,187|
|Ramjas College||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹14,610|
|Sri Venkateswara College – Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi NCR||₹14,555|
|Kalinga University||Raipur, Chhattisgarh||₹80,250|
|Stella Maris College||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||₹22,895|
Both Indian and foreign colleges/universities require a few basic eligibility requirements due to the intense curriculum of this course. These eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You are required to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university or institution.
- You are eligible when you have an aggregate marks minimum of 55% in a bachelor’s degree.
- If you are pursuing a bachelor’s and you are in your final year then also you are eligible to apply for the MSc Marketing and Brand Management course.
- In terms of a foreign university, the candidate is also required to submit their English proficiency test scores and a valid passport.
Also Read: Marketing Management
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick-start their journey. To study in universities abroad students must apply from the official websites of the different universities. Students can apply through portals like Common App and Coalition App which have multiple universities located abroad registered on the platform. (However, many universities may not be registered on these applications) You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined abroad! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for universities abroad:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Also Read: Dissertation Topics in Marketing
More or less these are the documents required for the application process in almost every foreign university for the MSc in Marketing and Brand Management course.
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of the passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
The popularity of MSc marketing and brand management is due to the plethora of job opportunities and high packages after completion of the course. Some of the most popular job profiles are:
- Business adviser
- Business development manager
- Digital Copywriter
- Event manager
- Product Manager
- Publishing rights manager
- Retail merchandiser
- Talent agent
Candidates who have completed the Master of Marketing Management programme have a wide range of job opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
Web design, social media, pay-per-click, search media optimization, search engine optimization, and article marketing are all options for candidates.
Candidates who have completed their Master of Management degree may earn between 40,000 and 65,000 rupees per month in India. The salary structure is determined by the business firm’s profile and reputation.
While brand management is in charge of creating the brand, marketing is in charge of the individual campaigns that promote the brand and generate engagement. Companies must understand the differences and overlaps between brand management and marketing.
This Master’s degree is a conversion programme designed for graduates who want to change subjects or careers. This course will teach you advanced techniques and methods for business and marketing management.
Brand management is the development and management of a brand’s reputation and image. Building brand awareness, fostering positive customer associations, and differentiating the brand from its competitors are all goals of brand management.
Master of Marketing Management is a two-year master’s degree programme that requires a bachelor’s degree from a recognised institute or college or an equivalent exam.
If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a correct application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute session.