Fashion is all about introducing new and revolutionary trends while also revamping existing ones. This is why the fashion industry is always on the lookout for promising designers that can create amazing clothes designs while also being eager to explore and recreate. Do you have a strong interest in fashion design and wish to work in the fashion industry? M.Sc. in Costume Design and Fashion will allow you to work in the glamorous and fashion industries. This blog is on MSc Costume Design and Fashion, top colleges and universities, their annual fees, and the career opportunities after completion of the course.
This Blog Includes:
- MSc Costume Design and Fashion: An Overview
- Reasons to study MSc Costume Design and Fashion
- MSc Costume Design and Fashion: Course Eligibility
- MSc Costume Design and Fashion: Admission Process
- Top Institutes offering M.Sc Fashion Designing in India
- Top Institutes offering M.Sc Fashion Designing Abroad
- Career Opportunities after MSc Costume Design and Fashion
- Scope after MSc Costume Design and Fashion
MSc Costume Design and Fashion: An Overview
MSc, or Master of Science in Fashion Designing, is a two-year post-graduate program. Graduates of this field or similar disciplines will be skilled designers in textile and fashion garments after completing this degree. This course encourages personal creativity and design philosophy in order to produce new fashion ideas and styles.
|Course Name||Master of Science in Costume Design and Fashion|
|Eligibility||B.SC or Bachelors of Science in Fashion Designing with at least 50% marks|
|Admission process||Entrance exams like CEED, NIFT, so on.
Rounds of interviews
|Average Course Fee||INR 20,000-6 Lacs or more if going for a degree abroad|
|Average salary||INR 3-20 lacs per annum|
|Career Opportunity||Costume Designer, Fashion Show Organiser,
Fashion Coordinator, Lecturer, and Fashion Journalist
Reasons to study MSc Costume Design and Fashion
MSc Fashion Design students explore a variety of additional disciplines in order to provide better results, such as conceptualization, textile manipulation, video storytelling, and many other areas. Here we give you three reasons why you would not regret studying this course:
- Growing Industry: Fashion design is one of India’s biggest industries today, and it’s just getting better.
- Get creative: Students learn how to create new styles and goods for clothing firms based on local trends and customer preferences.
- Growth: Find great jobs in the garment, leather, and jewelry industries as merchandising executives, fashion designers, illustrators, fashion co-coordinators, and so on.
MSc Costume Design and Fashion: Course Eligibility
To be eligible for admission to this program, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- 10+2 or equivalent qualification from a recognized board with the minimum marks specified by the university.
- Candidates must have earned a minimum of 50% in their Graduation from a reputable college or institution.
- Candidates must have passed the applicable college or university cutoff marks.
- Entrance Exams like CEED, NIFT, so on.
- For those planning to study this course abroad, you will have to submit language proficiency test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, etc. along with an SOP and optional LORs.
MSc Costume Design and Fashion: Admission Process
To gain admission, students must take entrance tests such as the General Aptitude Test, Creative Ability Test, and English Comprehension Test. Personal interviews are required for students at specified universities. During this procedure, the university’s management decides whether or not to admit the students. Some colleges also provide merit-based admission to scholars and high achievers. Two of the most common Entrance exam are discussed below:
|Entrance Exam||Exam Month||Application Period||Exam Mode|
|NIFT||January||October, November, And December||Offline|
|CEED||January||October||Online & Offline|
Top Institutes offering M.Sc Fashion Designing in India
Any of the best Fashion Design institutes in the world are located in India. Below we have mentioned the top institutes offering M.Sc Fashion Designing in India.
|Name of the Institute||Average Fees|
|International Institute of fashion design (Mumbai)||INR 2.5 Lacs|
|International Institute of Fashion Technology (Delhi)||INR 2.4 lacs|
|Asian Academy of film and television (Noida)||INR 3.4 lacs|
|Lovely professional university (Jalandhar)||INR 2.38 lacs|
|Kurukshetra University (Kurushetra)||INR 80,000|
|International Institute of fashion design (Delhi)||INR 76,000|
|CT University (Ludhiana)||INR 60,000|
|International School of Design (Mumbai)||INR 76,000|
|The Counsellors (Mumbai)||INR 60,000|
|Pacific University, Udaipur||INR 35,000|
Top Institutes offering M.Sc Fashion Designing Abroad
Are you planning to study M.Sc fashion Designing abroad? Don’t worry; we have got you covered. Below we have listed some of the best International Institutes for your desired course.
|Name of the Institute||Average Fees|
|RMIT University, Australia||INR 35 Lacs|
|London College of Fashion, UK||INR 10 Lacs|
|Fashion Institute of Technology, USA||INR 16 Lacs|
|Birmingham City University, UK||INR 13 lacs|
|The University of Lincoln, UK||INR 16 lacs|
|The University of Leeds, UK||INR 24 lacs|
|Parson Fashion School, USA||INR 35 Lacs|
|The University of Brighton, Uk||INR 15 Lacs|
|Washington State University, USA||INR 20 Lacs|
|T]he University of Southampton, UK||INR 19 lacs|
Career Opportunities after MSc Costume Design and Fashion
Most rising clothing businesses want enthusiastic fashion designers to help them expand their market reach and broaden their approach to fashion and style. The designers concentrate on designing clothing, accessories, shoes, and other items, which eventually leads to improved career opportunities.
Here is a brief job description with salary:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Costume Designer||INR 5,40,000|
|Fabric Buyer||INR 5,21,000|
|Technical Designer||INR 5,00,000|
|Graphic Designer||INR 2,74,000|
|Fashion Coordinator||INR 7,80,000|
Scope after MSc Costume Design and Fashion
Fashion design is one of India’s most important industries. With the ongoing growth and expansion of the fashion industry market, the career and future prospects in fashion designing appear smooth and attractive. Many export firms, garment store chains, textile factories, leather businesses, boutiques, fashion show promoters, jewelry houses, and media houses hire fashion designers.
After completion of the course, graduates can pursue a Master of Business Management in Fashion Designing to become a successful entrepreneur, graduates may also go for Ph.D. Fashion Design.
- MFTech: Masters of Fashion Technology
- MBA in Fashion Designing
- Guide to Becoming a Fashion Stylist
- Career as a Makeup Artist
- Everything You Need To Know About a Beautician Course
- How to Become a Fashion Designer?
Hence, we hope that this blog provided you with the necessary information pertaining to MSc Costume Design and Fashion. Planning to study Fashion Designing abroad? Sign up for an e-meeting with our Leverage Edu counselors and we will assist you in choosing a suitable university that aligns with your interests, preferences, and career aspirations!