The Master of Audiology (MAud) or MSc Audiology is a professional training program for students interested in becoming clinical audiologists. The MSc Audiology is a two-year curriculum, and certain colleges or institutes also offer research-based MAud programs. To work as an audiologist, one must complete a two-year master’s degree program. Students must also complete a year of clinical practice under supervision. A Certificate of Clinical Competence will be issued as a result of this.
This Blog Includes:
Why MSc Audiology?
The program’s primary purpose is to inspire, challenge, and support you in developing the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and behaviours necessary to be a distinctive, successful, and life-long learner as a future worldwide leader in audiology, hearing, or balancing science. The curriculum is designed to suit the needs of those who are new to audiology as well as those who want to advance their careers in audiology or related fields. It also seeks to give a solid foundation in clinical science to prepare students for a variety of non-clinical health, audio, science, teaching, and research careers, as well as post-graduate clinical and research training in a variety of fields.
MSc Audiology Objective
Specifically, the program aims to:
- To help you gain a thorough understanding of audiology, hearing, and balance sciences.
- To help you build the skills you’ll need to take part in scientifically rigorous research (e.g. in preparation for clinical research roles and PhD positions)
- To help you improve your intellectual (e.g., critical thinking and problem-solving), independent, collaborative, information-processing, and leadership abilities.
- To prepare you for roles that require more leadership.
The more general aims of the program are to:
- Provide you with a wide range of possibilities to grow as a person, a professional, a team member, and a member of the global community.
- Provide you with a vibrant research-led atmosphere in order to encourage you to cultivate a lifelong passion for curiosity, scepticism, and learning, as well as the skills to do so.
- Encourage you to have high expectations for your contribution to society, as well as high ethical, professional, and personal standards.
- Allow you to acquire a diverse set of intellectual, communication, and collaborative working skills, as well as other skills that can be used in a variety of industries and professions.
Top Universities Abroad
Choosing a university is probably the most crucial decision when choosing your career path. Below is the list of top universities from where the candidate can pursue MSc Audiology offering qualitative as well as quantitative learning, the best teaching staff, world-class facilities, life-changing experiences, diverse living culture, and much more.
- The University of Manchester
- University of Southampton
- University College London
- University College Cork
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Aston University
- The University of Queensland
- University of Canterbury
- Queen Margaret University
- Flinders University
- Macquarie University
- Swansea University
- Middlesex University London
- De Montfort University
- The University of Western Australia
- University of Missouri
- University of Auckland
- University of Nevada
- McGill University
- Kent State University
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the domains of health, education, social, physical, or biological sciences is required for admission to the Master of Audiology program. They must also have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 4.0. GPA is the sole criterion for admission.
- International students who do not speak English as their first language are required to complete English language competency criteria. This is a must-have qualification because English is the major language of instruction and assessment for the program.
- Candidates with an IELTS (or equivalent) score of at least 6.5 overall and 6.0 on the writing test will be accepted as meeting the University’s basic English language competence standards.
After completing the degree everyone has to choose a field where they want to apply the gained knowledge. Well, the top 5 career options for students after doing MSc in Audiology are :
Acousticians research the mechanics of sound and apply what they learn to improve sound management in fields including science, industry, medicine, and the environment. They work on sound quality, noise management, and technological development, such as telecommunications systems, sound, and medical ultrasonography equipment.
- Audiological Scientists
An audiologist’s duties and responsibilities include finding, testing, diagnosing, and treating hearing, balance, and tinnitus abnormalities in humans. They must also be able to analyze behavioural and objective test results.
- ENT / Audiological Physicians
Those who choose to work as ENT specialists do so in a hospital, a healthcare facility, or a clinic. Examining, diagnosing, and treating diseases, problems, and injuries of the ears, nose, and throat are his or her responsibilities.
- Hearing Therapists
Hearing therapists, also known as speech-language pathologists, treat adults and children in the healthcare or educational sectors. Their tasks include assisting in the rehabilitation of individuals who have suffered from physical or psychological trauma.
- Research Audiologist
A research audiologist’s purpose is to find and acquire basic knowledge about the nature and behaviour of the hearing, auditory, and balance systems, then share that information and knowledge to aid others in diagnosing, preventing, managing, and rehabilitating such diseases.
Well, in starting you can earn in a range of INR 2 to 8 Lacs. The salary will grow gradually over the time period based on experience and performance.
Yes, there’s no doubt about that. With increasing cases of hearing loss or hearing impairment, there’s a growing demand for audiologists.
The top countries to pursue MSc Audiology from include the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, etc.
We hope you find this MSc Audiology blog by Leverage Edu useful. If you want to continue your study overseas or if you need help with scholarships, call our experts. At Leverage Edu, we provide all of the essential services for studying abroad, and our experts can walk you through the entire process of gaining admission to your desired university.