The country of Western Europe also known as Ireland occupies the fifth-sixth of the major Islands of the British Isles. Being one of the countries with the most educated workforces in the world, Ireland is regarded as the perfect study destination. According to the estimates, youth in Ireland has the highest level of education across the globe. Another fact responsible for the popularity of Ireland as a study destination is the plethora of various courses offered by the prestigious universities in Ireland. In this blog get to know more about the most popular courses offered by Ireland universities to international students, news updates, etc!
This Blog Includes:
- Ireland’s Latest Covid 19 News Updates
- Why Pursue Studies in Ireland?
- Admission Intakes in Ireland
- Best Courses to Study in Ireland
- Admission Requirements to Study in Ireland
- Student Life in Ireland
- Top Universities in Ireland
- Study in Ireland Scholarships
Ireland’s Latest Covid 19 News Updates
- Despite the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic, the universities in Ireland are welcoming students for the upcoming academic intakes.
- If you are one of the Indian students who wish to pursue studies in Ireland then you are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to physically study on campus.
- The government is fully committed to protecting the health and welfare of the people who are residing, working, and pursuing studies in Ireland.
- If you are a current international student or are planning to pursue studies in Ireland then you are required to renew, extend or apply for an Irish VISA.
Also Read: Study in Ireland
Why Pursue Studies in Ireland?
One of the socially and economically progressive countries, Ireland provides free education to children in schools. There are immense benefits of studying in Ireland
- Safety one of the greatest threats when we decide to choose a study destination is safety. One of the top 20 countries in the world for quality of life, peace, and human development, Ireland is a tolerant and safe place.
- One of the major reasons for the popularity of Ireland as a study destination is the standard of education provided by the top universities in Ireland.
- Culture and People the people in Ireland are happy to share their country with you which means the Irish people are accepting and hostile. However, Ireland is a small nation but approximately more than 70 million people in the world have Irish heritage.
Admission Intakes in Ireland
Once you’ve decided to study in Ireland, the following step is to look into the admissions intakes that are available. There are two major intakes in Irish universities, which are detailed in the table below:
|Autumn (Semester 1)||Early September – December||February to July|
|Spring (Semester 2)||Late January to May||September to October|
Must Read: Best Universities in Ireland
Best Courses to Study in Ireland
One of the major reasons for choosing Ireland is the plethora of various courses offered by the top universities in Ireland so that you choose the correct course for yourself and pursue your career goals. Following are the most popular courses in Ireland to study:
|Name of the Course||Average Fees in (INR)|
|BA in Fashion Design – Dublin||INR 2,981,980|
|Master of Arts in Creative Writing||INR 1,242,492|
|Master of Science in Design for Health and Wellbeing||INR 1,246,136|
|Higher Certificate in Arts||INR 1,631,806|
|Master of Fine Arts in Stage Design||INR 1,804,844|
|Master of Fine Arts in Playwriting||INR 1,804,844|
|Certificate in Art and Design (Dublin)||INR 993,993|
|MA (Creative Arts: Producing and Curation)||INR 1,283,908|
|PhD in Studio Art||INR 4,887,135|
|Master of (Fine Art in Studio Art)||INR 2,443,567|
Business Studies Courses
|Name of the course||Average Fees in (INR)|
|MSc International Business||INR 2,476,367|
|Bachelor of Commerce||INR 6,314,108|
|MSc Marketing||INR 2,476,367|
|Master of Business and Management||INR 2,186,439|
|Graduate Certificate in Project Management||INR 995,745|
|Graduate Diploma in Applied Management||INR 941,175|
|MSc Management||INR 2,392,706|
|Bachelor of Commerce||INR 6,533,884|
|Bachelor of Commerce- Business Analytics||INR 6,735,840|
|Bachelor of Commerce- Marketing||INR 6,735,840|
Law Courses in Ireland
|Name of the Courses||Average Fees in (INR)|
|LLM in International Commercial Law||INR 1,159,659|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Arts in International Law||INR 993,993|
|LL.M. in Intellectual Property and Information Technology law||INR 1,723,750|
|LL.M. in International and European Business Law||INR 1,723,750|
|Laws (LL.M.)||INR 16,799,318|
|LL.B. – Law||INR 6,828,404|
|Name of the courses||Average Fees in (INR)|
|Master of Science in Electronic Information Engineering||INR 2,059,223|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering||INR 3,629,319|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering||INR 3,629,319|
|Master of Engineering Science in Sustainable Energy||INR 1,833,090|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Construction Management and Engineering||INR 5,564,376|
|Name of the Courses||Average Fees in (INR)|
|MSc (Neuropharmacology)||INR 1,967,279|
|MD (Pharmacology and Therapeutics)||INR 4,887,135|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacology and Therapeutics||INR 4,887,135|
|MB, BCh, BAO (Hons) (NFQ Level 8) Medicine||INR 26,360,707|
|MB, BCh, BAO (Hons) – Medicine||INR 18,691,219|
|Master of Public Health||INR 1,253,260|
Do Check: Ireland Education System
Admission Requirements to Study in Ireland
To get admitted to one of the most popular courses in Ireland the application procedure varies depending on the level of program you have chosen. Academic requirements for undergraduate courses are normally determined by the university, whereas language requirements are often stated as follows:
|Language ProficiencyExam||Qualifying Level|
|IELTS||Undergraduate Courses: Overall score of 6.0-6.5with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component Postgraduate Courses: 6.5 on a scale of one to ten. with a minimum of 6.0 in any of the components|
|TOEFL||570 (paper-based)90 (internet-based)|
|Cambridge Proficiency||Undergraduate &Postgraduate Courses: Grade C|
|Cambridge Advanced||Undergraduate Courses: Grade APostgraduate Courses: Grade C|
|PTE Academic||Minimum score- 36 (Undergraduate)Minimum score- 63 (Postgraduate)|
The following are some of the fundamental admission papers you may require when applying:
- Language proficiency scores.
- Photocopies of the prior institution’s mark sheet that have been attested.
- At least two academic reference letters from the teachers who have taught you recently.
- A Statement of Purpose (SOP) & Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
- A brief up-to-date resume.
- Four extra certificates for extra-curricular activities.
- You must submit your portfolio if you are applying to any arts and design schools.
- Student Visa Copy
Student Life in Ireland
Due to its popularity and academic excellence, Ireland is home to more than 18,500 international students from all over the world. Student life in Ireland is fun and full of learning. Students at Universities in Ireland provide good interaction. If you are planning to pursue studies at the universities in Ireland then this is one of the best decisions. Knowledgeable lecturers, friends, and fun are all parts of student life in Ireland. Furthermore, Ireland has wonderful architecture and breathtaking landscapes which enhances the study environment.
Top Universities in Ireland
Many universities in Ireland are well-known for their high educational standards, outstanding facilities, large enrollments, and other factors. The following are some of Ireland’s finest universities:
|Name of the Universities|
|Trinity College Dublin|
|RCSI Institute of Leadership|
|University College Dublin|
|University College Cork|
|National University of Ireland, Galway|
|Dublin City University|
|University of Limerick|
|Technological University Dublin|
|Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland|
Study in Ireland Scholarships
Recognizing the high expenditures that a student may face when studying in a foreign country, the Irish government, as well as many institutions and organizations in the nation, provide a variety of scholarships and financial aid programs. Here is a list of notable scholarships to consider while applying to study in Ireland for your chosen course:
- Waterford Institute of Technology Scholarships
- ACI Foundation Richard D. Stehly Memorial Scholarships
- DCU International Student India Scholarships
- ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship In Europe
- NCAD Masters Scholarships In Fine Arts In Ireland
- GMAT MBA Scholarships
- Norman C. T. Liu Aviation Scholarship
- Trinity College Dublin Postgraduate Research Studentship
- Faculty Of Arts, Humanities, And Social Sciences Masters Studentship
- The Cormac Costelloe Dell Financial Services Scholarship
We hope that our blog has provided you with all of the information you require about the Most Popular Courses in Ireland. Do you need help deciding which study abroad program is the best fit for you? For total assistance in getting admission to your selected college, contact our Leverage Edu consultants. Call us right now at 1800572000 to make an appointment!