Management is a profession very few can master. It is both an art and science of managing people, business, and achieving targets. While management is ranked one of the best courses to study in the UK, there are many who wish to pursue this course in the world’s global capital, London. With the top global business schools residing in London with thousands of top-ranking management courses, studying a MIM in London or Masters in Management in London is a dream of every student and budding entrepreneur!
|Name||Masters of Management|
|Type of study||Postgraduate|
|Course Types||Full-time, Part-time or Online|
|Top eligibility requirement||Bachelors or Master’s degree|
|Average tuition fee||15 lakhs to 40 lakhs|
Also Read: MSc Management in UK
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in London?
If you ask any Indian student planning to study abroad about their preferred city, it would definitely be London! MIM in London is considered a top choice by various business enthusiasts with raw talent and ambition. London is a leading choice for thousands of students because of its dynamic work life, global networking opportunities, and high-quality lifestyle.
- Best Student City: London has been voted the best amongst the list of top student-friendly cities in the world by QS World University Rankings.
- Global Network: Not only the best colleges in London but also the presence of every big company in London has made the city a hub of networking opportunities.
- Cultural Exchange: One thing you won’t miss about India in London is people. Students from various countries and cultural backgrounds are either studying in London or getting placed in London creating an atmosphere of a global community.
- Interconnected: Even if you wish to stay in London but can’t afford tuition fees, you can look for the various affordable universities near London that top the university charts and provide education on a budget.
Eligibility Requirements for MIM in London
MIM in London is a postgraduate program for your management career with the appropriate skills and techniques. To be eligible for the program, an Indian applicant should have:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree from a recognised university in India
- 0 to 2 years of work experience (depends on the university)
- GMAT/GRE test (minimum score depends on the university)
- Proof of English proficiency via IELTS/TOEFL
- Minimum 2 Letters of Recommendation from a former employer or direct supervisor in college)
- Statement of Purpose for UK
- Resume with latest qualifications
The requirements given above are the bare minimum for each college offering MIM in London. Additional eligibility criteria may be present for individual colleges. Apart from direct eligibility requirements, your work and how promising your career in management looks are other two criteria colleges look for.
Before you start your application process, there are two things that you must check on your preferred college’s website– documents required and application submission deadlines.
You can either apply through the UCAS online portal or direct online application to the college offering MiM in London. Here’s the step-by-step application process for MIM in London:
- Make a list of colleges that you’d like to apply to and check their additional eligibility requirements.
- Attach the documents required- proof of identity, SOP, proof of financial soundness, etc and apply before the deadlines.
- The processing time for each college in London is different but you can expect a minimum of 3 weeks.
- Certain colleges may call you for an online interview as a part of their screening process.
- Once you are accepted, apply for a UK student visa.
We know how the application process for postgraduate courses to the best universities in UK is not that simple. But if you have a guiding hand like Leverage Edu with you, your dream to study in UK can turn to reality without any distractions.
Top Colleges for MIM in London
These are the top 10 colleges in London you can apply to if you want to pursue a career in management and learn industry-appropriate management techniques. Here’s a list of the top colleges for MIM in London:
- London Business School
- Imperial College Business School
- ESCP Europe, London
- Bayes Business School
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Queen Mary University of London
- King’s College London
- Westminster Business School
- Middlesex University Business School
- Brunel University London
The University of Liverpool is also a popular choice, 4 hours away from London. Check out their high-ranking business and management courses in case you want to pursue management outside of London.
Must Read: What are the Requirements to Study in UK?
Cost of Studying MIM in London
Education in London can be an expensive affair. Top business schools in the world offer MIM in London for a high tuition fee:
|Colleges for MIM in London||Duration||Tuition fee|
|ESCP Europe||24 months||₹39.53 lakhs|
|London Business School||12 months||₹34.66 lakhs|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||12 months||₹32.97 lakhs|
|Imperial College Business School||11 months||₹32.80 lakhs|
|Queen Mary University of London||12 months||₹28.11 lakhs|
|King’s College London||12 months||₹28.01 lakhs|
|Bayes Business School||12 months||₹27.85 lakhs|
|Brunel Business School||12 months||₹18.44 lakhs|
|Westminster Business School||12 months||₹17.53 lakhs|
|Middlesex University Business School||12 months||₹15.99 lakhs|
Other than the cost of studying in London, staying in London can also burn a hole in your pocket. We suggest a two-way routine for keeping your stay in London under budget.
If you want to study MIM in London and are above the age of 16, you will require a UK Tier 4 visa. The Visa application fee is ₹30,178 as of 2021. For a UK visa application, you will require these basic documents:-
- Passport size photographs
- Valid passport
- CAS or Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies reference number
- Proof of financial stability (bank statements)
- College Application
London is a city with the presence of every top company in the world. Therefore, it is brimming with opportunities for international graduates of MIM in London. If you have graduated as a management student, you are eligible for all top-level management jobs in your specialized field- supply chain, marketing, human resources, etc.
If you hold just a bachelor’s degree in hand, you can earn an average of 24.77 lakhs per year as a manager in London. But if you have studied MIM in London, your average pay increases to 56.21 lakhs per year. These figures also depend upon your communication skills and resume.
MBA vs MIM in London
There has always been a distinct comparison made between MBA in London and MIM in London. Since both of the courses are similar, sometimes they are misunderstood. Below given is the clear demarcation between the two for you to make a clearer choice.
|MBA in London||MIM in London|
|MBA helps you accelerate your managerial career.||MIM helps you in kick-starting your managerial career.|
|MBA has a history of 100 years.||MIM came into the limelight only in the past 20 years.|
|You require a minimum work experience of 2 to 5 years for an MBA.||Work experience of a maximum of 3 years is considered good for MIM.|
|MBA programs attract candidates in their late 20’s and early 30’s.||MIM programs attract candidates in their early 20’s.|
|MBA is considered a more expensive program compared to MIM.||MIM is comparatively a cheaper course.|
Must Read: MBA in UK for 14 lakhs
MIM means Masters of Management.
The London Business School is the best for MIM in London.
MIM in London can cost around ₹20-30 lakhs depending upon the college.
You may need 0 to 2 years of work experience for MIM in London. Although the exact requirement depends upon the university.
MBA is good if you are well settled in your managerial position and now want to accelerate it. MIM in London is good to polish your managerial skills at the start of your career.
Yes, a lot of business schools in London do provide online and part-time options.
Masters in Management or MIM in London is the perfect course for you to start your managerial position in the most qualitative way. London might seem far but the January intake is near! Sign up for a free session on 1800-572-000 with our Leverage Edu experts and get started on your global journey today!.