MH CET Law is an entrance exam introduced by the government of Maharashtra. This test is conducted to provide admissions to students in their desired law colleges. Through this exam, law aspirants are shortlisted for 3 years and 5 years LLB courses in a wide range of participating law colleges across the state. We bring to you an extensive guide clearing all the doubts regarding important dates, the application process, exam pattern, fees, etc. of the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Law.
|Name of the exam||Maharashtra common entrance test-law (MH CET law)|
|Conducted by||Directorate of Education, Maharashtra|
|Programmes offered||3 years & 5 years LLB|
|Exam mode||Online, objective type|
|Form fees||General- 800rsReserved- 500rs|
|Helpline no.||022-26473719 (between 10 am to 6 pm)|
This Blog Includes:
Before filling the application form, make sure to read the eligibility criteria laid out by the Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra:
General Criteria (both 3 years and 5 years)
- Nationality: candidate should be an Indian Citizen
- Age: candidate should be at least 20 years old at the time of admission (22 years for SC/ST of Maharashtra only). There is no upper age limit.
3 year LLB Programme
- Candidates must have a score of at least 45% in graduation or post-graduation in any stream from any recognised university from the state of Maharashtra or India. Candidates belonging to SC, ST category must have a score of at least 40% in the exams. (42% marks for VJNT, SBC and OBC category)
5 Year Integrated LLB Programme
- A minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ ST category) in SSC (10th Class) and HSC (Class 12th) from a recognized school in Maharashtra State. (candidates from Maharashtra).
- Students who have appeared for the board exam through the Open University system without having basic qualification (1st to 9th standard) will not be considered eligible for MH CET Law 2021.
Following are the courses offered by the law colleges affiliated with MHCETLaw:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)- LLB
- Bachelor of Legal Sciences (BLS)-LLB
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)-LLB
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)-LLB
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)-LLB
MH CET Law Exam Pattern
|Exam mode||Computer-based test, Online|
|languages||English & Marathi|
|Type of test||Objective type, MCQs|
|No. of questions||120|
|Duration||2 hours/120 minutes|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for a correct answer(no negative marking)|
Topic Wise Syllabus/Weightage
Three-years Law Programme
- English – 50
- General Knowledge with Current Affairs – 40
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning – 30
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning – 30
Five-years Law Programme
- English – 30
- General Knowledge with Current Affairs – 30
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning – 40
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning – 40
- Mathematical Aptitude – 10
Check Out – MH CET Syllabus
Top Colleges & Universities Under MH-CET Law
- Indian Law Society Law College, Pune.
- Dr. Ambedkar College of Law, Mumbai.
- Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune.
- Vidya Prasarak Mandal TMC Law College, Thane.
- St. Wilfred’s College of Law, Mumbai.
- Manikchand Pahade Law College, Mumbai.
- New Law College, Mumbai.
- Rizvi Law College, Mumbai.
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Events||Dates 2021 (tentative)|
|Registration starts||May 2021|
|Last date to apply and submit the application||2nd week of June 2021|
|Availability of admit card||4th week of June 2021|
|MH CET 2021 Exam||1st week of July 2021|
|Announcement of result||1st week of July 2021|
|Counselling starts||August 2021|
MH CET Law Application Process
The dates for the beginning of the application process have been delayed and are yet to be released. Candidates are instructed to apply for the exam in online mode on the official website i.e. mahacet.org., once the process begins. Following is the step by step process of applying for MH LAWCET on the website.
- Login on the official website, click on the ‘apply online’ button.
- Type in the necessary information such as name, contact, email id and you’ll receive a registration id and a password.
- Make sure to double-check the information you are putting in because later there is no facility to correct the wrong information.
- Upload document
- You have to scan your signature and other necessary documents and upload it on the website portal.
- Make sure to read the document guidelines before uploading because the authorities prescribe the particular size and the format which is to be used while uploading the documents.
- Application payment
- Students can only make the payment via online mode through various mediums provided on the website. These include internet banking, debit/credit card, mobile wallet, etc.
- The registration fees vary for people of different categories and states.
Also Read: Maharashtra Scholarships
MH CET Law Result
The result of MH CET Law will be announced in online mode. Students are advised to keep a check on the official website after the completion of the exam process to look out for the result. Once the results are announced, a list of qualified candidates is posted on the website. Candidates can type in their name in the provided list to check their result.
MH Law CET Counselling
This is the last step for students towards their dream of getting into their preferred college. State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra holds the counselling for MH CET Law through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP). In this round, the candidates who qualified for the examination have to select the college and course based on the rank secured.
This was a brief synopsis of the Maharashtra Law Common Entrance Test. We hope we were able to simplify the whole process for you and you got an insight into the MH CET LAW. Students should keep checking for updates subject to the notification issued by the University/College. For more such informative blogs, stay tuned to Leverage Edu!