Wish to pursue a masters degree in fashion technology? Well, you’re on the correct blog then as here we would discuss MFTech, Maters of Fashion Technology, degree briefly. MTech, one of the most demanding courses among the Fashion Technology and Designing world, is a 2 years post-graduate degree. This degree covers all aspects of a technicality related to designing and offers options for specialization like Accessory Designing, Garment Designing, and more! Continue reading as delve deeper into this topic!
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 75,000-15,00,000|
|Top Recruiters||Benetton, Hidesign,Zara, Tommy Hilfger, Marks & Spencers, Levis, Gucci|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based|
|Job profiles||Fashion Consultant, Apparel Designer, Garment Designer, Manager etc|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MFTech?
MFTech currently with the changing market demands is one of the most sought-after courses in India. The course added benefits attached to it. Some of the benefits have been listed below:
- There is a provision for research in India or Abroad for candidates who wish to continue their studies.
- The annual salary is also decent for candidates who graduate with this degree.
- Candidates get to work with some of the top-notch fashion firms in the country.
Also Read: MBA in Fashion Designing
MFTech Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested in pursuing MFTech must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of at least 55% marks.
- Candidates should have completed their Bachelor’s degree from a college recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- Candidates must have pursued their undergraduate degree in the Design field such BFTech, BTech, BDes.
- Admission is on the basis of the score obtained by a candidate in an entrance exam such as GATE/ NIFT etc.
- Candidates who qualify the written entrance test are required to appear for a group discussion and a personal interview round.
MFTech Admission Process
For candidates wishing to pursue MFTech, we have listed the admission process steps below:
- Registration: For the purpose of registration candidates must create an account with basic details like email-id, phone number, etc.
- Fill up Application Form: Candidates must fill up the application form with all details that are accurate and correct.
- Submit documents: Candidates must carefully scan and upload all required documents like mark sheet in a specific format only, as specified by the institute’s application portal.
- Application fee: Candidates must make a minimal application fee payment online during the submission of the application form.
- Download admit card: Once the form is entirely filled, candidates must download admit cards to be used on the day of the examination.
- Examination: The most crucial step is preparing for the exam. Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the syllabus and past papers and then appear for the examination on the date announced.
- GD & PI: Candidates who qualify the entrance are then called for GD & PI rounds.
- Results: Based on candidates’ performance in the entrance exam of GD & PI rounds, results will be announced.
Also Read: Diploma in Fashion Designing
Popular MFTech Exams in India
Although there are numerous exams that occur at the state level and the national for admission to the MFTech courses, few are very popular. We have listed two of the most popular entrance exams conducted to offer admission:
- GATE: It is conducted every year to offer admission into various postgraduate programs offered by the most prestigious institutes of India like IITs, NITs etc. It is a national level entrance exam.
- NIFT 2021: NIFT is conducted for admission to fashion courses in India.
Also Read: NIFT Entrance Exam 2021
Top Colleges Offering MFTech in India
We have listed the top colleges in India offering MFTech degree on the basis of their India Today Ranking:
- NIFT, New Delhi
- NIFT, Navi Mumbai
- NIFT, Chennai
- NIFT, Gandhinagar
- NIFT, Hyderabad
Also Read: Best Fashion Designing Colleges in India
The MFTech curriculum covers the following sub topics taught in a semester mode of system.
|Introduction to Colours and Theories||Fundamentals of Fashion Design|
|Introduction to fibre||Regenerated fibres|
|Garment Construction||Advancement in Sewing Machinery|
|Intellectual Property Rights and Patents||Introduction to Textile Finishing|
|Definition of Smart and Intelligent Textiles||Managing Supply Chain|
|Apparel Quality Characterisation||Fabric Formation Technologies|
|Functional Textile & Garments||Environmentally Sensitive Textile|
|Nanotechnology in apparel|
Also Read: BSc Fashion Designing
The average fees for Masters in Fashion technology, that is, MFTech, is mentioned below.
|Average Fees in India||INR 75,000 to INR 15 lakh per annum.|
Top Global Fashion Schools
Some of the educational schools or universities that are prominent all around the world are tabulated below.
|Name of Institution||Location|
|The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)||New York|
|London College of Fashion||United Kingdom|
|Royal College of Art||London, UK|
|Politecnico di Milano||Italy|
|ESMOD (l’Ecole Supérieure des Arts et techniques de la Mode)||Paris|
Career Opportunities and Salary
The kind of job profiles that you might find after pursuing MFTech are mentioned below.
|Fashion Consultant||INR 5.5 lakh|
|Textile Designer||INR 6.5 lakh|
|Garment Technologist||INR 8.5 lakh|
|Fashion Designer||INR 7 lakh|
MFTech course is a two-year long postgraduate degree that is one of the most demanding courses for fashion students.
Yes, students can do MFTech after BTech.
The average salary for MFTech graduate ranges from INR 4 lakh to INR 6 lakh.
So, this was all you need to know about MFtech. Planning to pursue MFtech abroad? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 to help you through the tiresome application process!