Businesses are transforming in today’s age of entrepreneurship. Be it a small online shop or a multi-million dollar startup, the way businesses function has been transformed by the use of technology. To excel in such an environment, having a simple business degree may not be enough. In such a scenario, the need arises for courses that encompass all of these domains. Master of Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology (MBET) is one such academic program that enables ambitious, creative and business-minded students who are passionate about bringing a change in the business world through entrepreneurship. In this blog, we delve into all of the aspects of this course, taking a look at the syllabus, admission process and scope.
|MBET||Master of Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology|
|Started in||January 2000|
|Duration||Full-time: 1 Year, Part-Time: 3 years|
|Offered by||Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business, University of Waterloo|
This Blog Includes:
- Why study MBET?
- University Offering MBET
- MBET Application Date
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Cost of Study for MBET
- Related Courses
- MBET vs MBA
Why study MBET?
- It is an entrepreneurship masters program that teaches all academic disciplines including engineering, business, computer science, math, science, and arts. It allows students to gain knowledge of varied disciplines.
- MBET does not require a GMAT or GRE test score.
- Provides students with more practical experience which does not involve any hypothetical projects but real companies, real projects and people.
- Best course for business-minded students who want to build opportunities for themselves.
University Offering MBET
The MBET program was designed by the Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business which is a part of the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
|University Name||University of Waterloo|
|Offered by||Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business|
|Founder||Dr. Howard Armitage|
|No. of Faculty||21|
The University of Waterloo is one of the top universities in Canada. Below mentioned are the rankings achieved by the University of Waterloo:
MBET Application Date
The application deadline for the MBET course is April 1 for admissions in the September intake of the same year for international students.
- Completion of at minimum a 4-year Bachelor degree or, completion of both a Bachelor degree (less than 4 years in length) and a Master degree with First Class, 8/10 or Very Good.
- A minimum of one-year full-time work experience, obtained either through co-operative work terms as part of an undergraduate academic program or through post-graduate work experience.
English Language Proficiency
|IELTS||Overall: 7.0; Writing: 6.5; Speaking: 6.5|
|TOEFL (iBT)||Overall: 90; Writing: 25; Speaking: 25|
- Prepare your documents.
- Complete Graduate Studies Application.
- Access Quest and upload supporting documents.
- Qualified applicants who meet or exceed all the admissions requirements will be invited to participate in a video interview.
- Digital copies of your transcript and degree certificate documents for all formal, post-secondary education
- Reference information – name, title/position and official email address
- English Language Proficiency (ELP) testing scores (if required)
- Drafted 500-word Letter of Intent
- Permanent Residency (PR) card or record of landing (if required)
Also Read: Difference Between CV and Resume
Cost of Study for MBET
The tuition for the course is as follows.
|Course||Total Tuition Fees (CAD)||Amount in INR|
|MBET (Part-Time)||20,538||12.10 Lakhs|
|MBET (Full Time)||61,614||36.31 Lakhs|
Cost of Living in Canada
Depending on the lifestyle and daily expenses, your average cost of living in Canada for the duration of this course should be approximately CAD 20,000-30,000 (~INR 11 Lakh-15 Lakh).
Use Our Exclusive Cost of Living Calculator to calculate your customized living expenses in Canada!
Conrad Family MBET Scholarships
Conrad Family MBET Scholarships are provided to students annually who are registered full time in the MBET Course. Exceptional International Students may be given preference. Each award is valued at between CAD 5,000 – 20,000.
- He/She must be a full-time MBET student in the Conrad School of Entrepreneurship.
- Exceptional international students who have the X factor in them are generally preferred.
- Those students who are admitted to the MBET program are asked to apply for the scholarship by submitting a mini business plan along with the presentation.
- The selection will be based on the assessment of entrepreneurship orientation and the quality of the business plan submitted by the student. Also, the student’s academic achievement will be considered by a panel of the faculty.
- The Selection will be made in the spring term for the following academic year.
Norman Esch Entrepreneurship Scholarship
Norman Esch Entrepreneurship Scholarship is awarded to students based on the submission of a mini business plan. The plan is reviewed by Conrad faculty members. The successful candidates receive a $10,000 scholarship.
- Graduate-level Business and Entrepreneurship (BE) courses
- Graduate Diploma in Business and Entrepreneurship (G.Dip.)
MBET vs MBA
MBA is a 2-year masters program for students who want to pursue business studies and join the corporate world. It focuses on wide-ranging theories of business subjects with a focus on their administrative, management, human resource and operational aspects. While MBET is specially designed for students who are ambitious about starting their career as entrepreneurs. The duration of the course is 1-3 years, full time and part-time respectively. It focuses more on business subjects like Leadership, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, and Strategy.
Also Read: One Year vs Two Year MBA: Which is Better?
The last date for applying for scholarships is May 1, 2022.
A minimum of 12 months of work experience is a must for MBET.
No. The student must have a bachelor’s degree with 75% overall.
Hence, if you have decided to study MBET in Canada then the career prospects are immense. If you are getting confused with the admission process. Take the assistance of experts at Leverage Edu who will help you in completing the application formalities with ease!