A hidden gem located in the eastern part of Europe, Belarus is known for its Soviet architecture and primeval forests. Belarus is also gaining popularity as a destination for study abroad. Several courses like Medical Sciences and Research are prominent in Belarus. Indian students who are looking for destinations abroad to pursue higher education in the medical field can surely consider doing their MBBS in Belarus.
MBBS in Belarus is becoming one of the notable choices for pursuing medical courses across students from different countries. MBBS in Belarus is different from other MBBS courses in various countries because of the Soviet Education System that has influenced higher education in Belarus. The country has various advanced training institutes. But what makes education in Belarus special is the way in which the universities keep the traditions and cultures intact.
MBBS from Belarus is one of the most cost-friendly choices available as compared to other countries in Europe. Most universities in Belarus have state-of-the-art infrastructure and advanced methods of technology. Moreover, MBBS from Belarus is approved by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organisation.
Why you should consider studying MBBS in Belarus?
The government of Belarus is constantly working towards increasing the number of admits of international students into the universities of Belarus with an assurance of providing quality education at affordable prices. Here are the top reasons to consider pursuing MBBS in Belarus:
- Pursuing MBBS from Belarus requires no donation.
- The medium of language is English at every level of the course.
- Studying in Belarus is a safe choice for Indian students.
- Lower tuition fee structure as compared to MBBS in other countries including India.
- Affordable transportation and living expenses.
- MBBS in Belarus provides globally-accepted degree at cost-friendly budget.
- Availability of in-campus hospitals for better practical knowledge.
- Opportunity to study at the Medical Council of India approved universities
- Pursuing MBBS from Belarus comes with an easy admission process
- A pleasant climate throughout the year in Belarus
- Provisions by the Government of Belarus to offer scholarships to students coming from foreign countries.
Best Universities to Study MBBS in Belarus
Here is the list of top universities to consider to study MBBS in Belarus:
- Belarusian State Medical University
- Gomel State Medical University
- Grodno State Medical University
- Vitebsk State Medical University
Accommodation in Belarus
Most of the Universities have hostel facility on their campus for international students. Most universities provide fully equipped dorms. Accommodation outside the universities is also available. It could be a little expensive as compared to campus dorms but are totally safe for students coming from foreign countries.
Eligibility criteria for studying MBBS in Belarus
Here are the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Belarus:
- Candidates must be a minimum of 17 years old to apply for undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses in Belarus.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidates are required to qualify the NEET examination for getting admitted into universities in Belarus.
- Candidates from minority categories are required to obtain 40% marks to apply for medical courses in Belarus.
- Candidates from PWD should obtain 45% marks in all subjects to apply for medical Courses in Belarus.
- Candidates are required to study English as a core subject in class 10 and 12 on a level that is advised by NCERT books in secondary education.
- Candidates from open school and class 10+2 pursued private candidates are not eligible for applying at medical universities in Belarus.
Documents you need to be prepared with before applying for MBBS in Belarus:
- Certificates of class 10th and 12th
- Statement of Purpose
- Passport size photographs
- Birth Certificate
- Identity Proof
FAQs About Pursuing MBBS From Belarus
Is MBBS from Belarus valid in India?
The MBBS degrees provided by medical universities in Belarus are globally recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organisation. Thus, candidates can practice medicine in India after pursuing MBBS in Belarus.
Is MBBS in Belarus safe for Indian Students?
Every year, many students come to Belarus for higher education in different disciplines including MBBS. It a safe place for international students coming from different countries. The government of Belarus in association with embassies of respective countries provides special help and other support to students in case of any emergency.
Does pursuing MBBS in Belarus require IELTS?
Studying MBBS in Belarus does not require candidates to qualify language proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL. Although, candidates must have studied English as core subjects in class 10th and 12th.
Can candidates from open schools pursue MBBS in Belarus?
MBBS is a course for candidates who have qualified high school from a recognized board of education. Candidates from open school are not eligible for pursuing MBBS in Belarus.
Is MBBS in Belarus possible without NEET?
Medical Council of India has made the NEET entrance exam mandatory for applying to medical courses anywhere in India and abroad. Thus, Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Belarus are required to clear the NEET examination.
MBBS in Belarus is a wise option to explore quality education at low-cost fees along with a chance to dive into the Belarusian culture and traditions. Living in a European Country always adds a certain value and diversity to your life. We at Leverage Edu help students achieve their goals in the country of their dreams. We help them make better decisions for a brighter future. Get in touch with us and take the first step towards a successful career.