A hidden gem located in the eastern part of Europe, Belarus is known for its Soviet architecture and primaeval forests. Belarus is also gaining popularity as a destination for study abroad. Several courses like Medical Sciences and Research are prominent in Belarus. Indian students who are looking for destinations abroad to pursue higher education in the medical field can surely consider doing their MBBS in Belarus.
|Official Language||Belarusian and Russian|
|Time Difference from India||India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Belarus|
|Travel time from Delhi to Minsk||9-10 hours (direct flight)|
|MBBS in Belarus- Tuition Fees||US $ 5800-8700 per year|
|Duration of MBBS||6 years|
This Blog Includes:
Why Stduy MBBS in Belarus?
The government of Belarus is constantly working towards increasing the number of admits of international students into the universities of Belarus with an assurance of providing quality education at affordable prices. Here are the top reasons to consider pursuing MBBS in Belarus:
- Pursuing MBBS from Belarus requires no donation
- The medium of language is English at every level of the course
- Studying in Belarus is a safe choice for Indian students
- Lower tuition fee structure as compared to MBBS in other countries including India
- Affordable transportation and living expenses
- MBBS in Belarus provides globally-accepted degree at cost-friendly budget
- Availability of in-campus hospitals for better practical knowledge
- Opportunity to study at the Medical Council of India approved universities
- Pursuing MBBS from Belarus comes with an easy admission process
- A pleasant climate throughout the year in Belarus
- Provisions by the Government of Belarus to offer scholarships to students coming from foreign countries.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Belarus for Indian Students
Here are the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Belarus:
- Candidates must be a minimum of 17 years old to apply for undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses in Belarus.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidates are required to qualify the NEET examination for getting admitted into universities in Belarus.
- Candidates from minority categories are required to obtain 40% marks to apply for medical courses in Belarus.
- Candidates from PWD should obtain 45% marks in all subjects to apply for medical Courses in Belarus.
- Candidates are required to study English as a core subject in class 10 and 12 on a level that is advised by NCERT books in secondary education.
- Candidates from open school and class 10+2 pursued private candidates are not eligible for applying at medical universities in Belarus.
The following are the steps to follow for the admission process:
Step 1: Fill out the application form in the first step.
Step 2: Academic documents like X and XII mark sheets (educational certificates), NEET scorecards, and passport-size photos must be submitted.
Step 3: The students will then get their Admission Letter from the university of their choice.
Step 4: Students will need to apply for a ‘Visa Invitation Letter,’ which will need the following information:
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Report on HIV/AIDS
- Photographs in passport size with a white backdrop
- Bank statement from the last six months (may be from father or mother)
Step 5: The stamping of your visa is the final step in the admissions process.
Note: Many students believe that if they do not have a passport, they would be unable to complete the registration procedure. This is not true; even if you do not have a passport, you may still register. It is not required.
Documents Required to Study MBBS in Belarus
To apply for MBBS admission in Belarus, you must provide the following documents:
- 10th, 12th, and Graduation Certificates of Training
- Any Special Authority for Identification in India, such as Adhaar or Pan card
- Your MBBS education and passport are both verified by a translated paper certificate
- Application for Tuition Fees
- Medical Insurance and a Birth Certificate
- Form for applying for a visa that is completely filled up
- Admission Fees Payment Receipt
- Personal Bank Statements for the person who is supporting you, such as your mother or father, from the police department.
- Proof of Residence to Stay in Belarus (more than three months)
- Six passport-sized coloured photographs (3 by 4)
- As proof of your MBBS education and passport, you’ll need a certificate of document
- Confirmation of a Travel Ticket
Top Universities and Annual Fees
In Belarus, MBBS is a six-year lifelong degree (with a one-year mandatory internship) in which institutions place a greater emphasis on practical knowledge than academic study. Many of Belarus’s most prestigious medical schools are:
|Belarusian State Medical University||5100$ [INR 3.7 lakhs]|
|Gomel State Medical University||4700$ [INR 3.49 lakhs]|
|Grodno State Medical University||4650$ [INR 3.45 lakhs]|
|Vitebsk State Medical University||4600$ [INR 3.41 lakhs]|
Accomodation Options in Belarus
Most of the Universities have hostel facilities on their campus for international students. Most universities provide fully equipped dorms. Accommodation outside the universities is also available. It could be a little expensive as compared to campus dorms but are totally safe for students coming from foreign countries.
Career Options After MBBS in Belarus
Following the completion of their courses and acceptance of their internationally recognized degrees, students are given a variety of advantageous opportunities that will benefit them in their future endeavours. The following are the most promising prospects:
- USMLE – Graduates of Belarus Medical Universities can sit for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) phase 1, 2, and 3 and pursue a medical profession in the United States.
- Pursue MD in the US or Germany after completing MBBS in Belarus- The main advantage of completing MD/MS in the United States or Germany is that students are not required to take the MCI Screening Test before or after completing MBBS in Belarus or elsewhere. After completing your degree in Belarus, you can pursue postgraduate studies (MD/MS) in the United States or Germany without having to pass the MCI test.
- Practice in Belarus- For graduates, settling in Belarus is also a viable choice. After finishing your MBBS in Belarus, you have the option of practising there or continuing your education. This is a popular career choice for many applicants.
- Opportunities in Medical Profession- Hospital administration is a rapidly growing field that provides excellent employment opportunities for those with a medical background. After completing their MBBS in Belarus, students can pursue a master’s degree in hospital administration.
The MBBS degrees provided by medical universities in Belarus are globally recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organisation. Thus, candidates can practice medicine in India after pursuing medicine in Belarus.
Every year, many students come to Belarus for higher education in different disciplines including MBBS. It is a safe place for international students coming from different countries. The government of Belarus in association with embassies of respective countries provides special help and other support to students in case of any emergency.
Studying MBBS in Belarus does not require candidates to qualify for language proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL. Although, candidates must have studied English as a core subject in class 10th and 12th.
MBBS is a course for candidates who have qualified high school from a recognized board of education. Candidates from open schools are not eligible for pursuing MBBS in Belarus.
MBBS in Belarus is a wise option to explore quality education at low-cost fees along with a chance to dive into the Belarusian culture and traditions. Living in a European Country always adds a certain value and diversity to your life. We at Leverage Edu help students make better decisions for a brighter future. Get in touch with us and take the first step towards a successful career.