The global need of urban planning and real estate development is exponentially increasing with time. The undeniably constant want of properties for residential or commercial use has made the real estate industry one of the major contributors to the economy. As the need for buying or selling properties is constantly evolving, people are now inclined towards professional and well-educated real estate brokers instead of the local agent or middlemen. If you are also eager to set up a career in this field, then, an MBA Real Estate degree will work as icing on the cake through which you can set up a benchmark in the field. Let us explore more about this program in this blog.
This Blog Includes:
MBA Real Estate: Overview
MBA in Real Estate is a course designed in the field of economics and operations of housing markets. Generally, the course can be completed over a period of 1.5- 2 years. You will learn about supply and demand for housing or commercial properties, property pricing including cycle and price dynamics, public policy analysis along with an international comparison of the industry. To get a hold of the field, the course will make you understand the basic valuation of risks such as currency risk and political risk along with property rights.
MBA Real Estate Syllab
As soon as you will get started with your journey of MBA Real Estate, you will come across various subjects through which you can learn advanced level management skills of Real Estate. Along with core subjects of Real Estate like Real Estate Valuation, Regulatory Process and Law; elective subjects like Business Communication, Marketing Management, etc will also be a part of the curriculum. Through a unique blend of likely subjects, you will get ample knowledge to establish your career in this field. Tabulated below is the syllabus of MBA in Real Estate-
|Organizational Behaviour||Principles of Management|
|Business Communication||Introduction to Real Estate|
|Finance Management||Marketing Management|
|Real Estate Development||Real Estate Economics|
|Real Estate Market Analysis||Human Resource Management|
|Risk Management||Real Estate Valuation|
|Construction Finance||Customer Relationship Management|
|Regulatory Process and Laws||Risk Management|
|Computer Application in Real Estate||Asset Management|
|Taxation in Real Estate||Land Survey and Acquisition|
Also Read: MBA Without Work Experience in Canada
The entry requisites for MBA Real Estate program is similar to that of any other MBA course. For all those who are planning to study abroad this course, it will be mandatory for you to follow the given below eligibility criteria.
- Basic qualification of 10 + 2 from a recognised academic institution
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce field any other related stream
- Universities will demand candidates to present a score of GMAT or GRE exam
- A good score in IELTS, TOEFL for or any other English language proficiency exam
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR) and Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- In order to pursue this course in India, you have to qualify for exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, etc
How to Write an MBA Essay? What else is required to complete the application? Having thought like these is common while planning your first application. Connect with Leverage Edu experts to make the entire process easy!
MBA Real Estate Top Universities Abroad
You will easily find plenty of universities offering this one-of-a-kind MBA program or related courses to it. Some of the top universities in the world offering an MBA in Real Estate are-
- University of Pennsylvania
- IUBH University of Applied Sciences
- IE Business School
- MODUL University Australia
- International University of Fundamental Studies
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Cincinnati
- Aalto University
MBA in Real Estate Indian Colleges
Enlisted below are the Indian colleges offering MBA in Real Estate-
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- Royal Global University
- Chandigarh University
- Graphic Era Hill University
- MIT Art, Design and Technology University
- Starex University
- Parul University
- Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies
- Lexicon Mile Management Institute of Leadership and Excellence
- Vinayaka Missions
- Universal Business School
- Subharti Institute of Management and Commerce
MBA Real Estate Jobs
After you gain a formal education in this field, there will be tons of opportunities for you through which you can establish your feet in the real estate industry. As per your interest and degree, you can choose amongst popular subfields of Real Estate like Residential, Land or Commercial Real Estate. Let us have a look at some of the major career profiles that you can avail after completing-
- Real Estate Appraiser: The Real Estate Appraiser is assigned to give a market opinion to sellers or buyers who are looking forward to investing in a property.
- Real Estate Broker: The middleman between a buyer and a seller is known as a real estate broker. Real Estate brokers usually earn through commissions.
- Property or Corporate Asset Manager: These are the experts who helped the organisation or clients to get maximum return on their investment via management operations or reselling the property.
- Investment Analyser: The Investment Analyst works towards creating a risk data plan regarding any residential or commercial property along with analysing the advantages and disadvantages of the property.
The graduates of this field tend to earn around INR 4,50,000- 5,00,000 per annum as a starting salary.
MBA in Real Estate in UK
You may find a l,imited number of universities offering MBA in Real Estate in UK. However, there are many universities that avail related masters courses like MSc in Real Estate, Masters in Real Estate Development, etc. Listed below are the universities-
- City University London
- Glion Institute of Higher Education
- The University of Arizona
- University of the West of England
- Royal Agricultural University
- London South Bank University
- University of the West of England
MBA in Real Estate in Canada
Here are the universities offering this course in Canada-
- University of Calgary
- University of Toronto
- University of Alberta
- York University
- Université Laval
- Université du Québec à Montréal (UQÀM)
- University of Fredericton
We hope this blog on MBA Real Estate helped you understand the way to make a new career field. Do you want to know more such exciting facts about how you can set up a career in real estate? Our experts at Leverage Edu are here to guide you about the popular courses available in this field. Hurry up! Sign up for an e-meeting with us.