Have you ever questioned the level of perseverance needed to maximize customer value and secure a lasting advantage? Do you ever wonder how certain lines of goods that we can readily discover on store shelves make their way to us? Well, all these are done by the supply chain managers or experts in the operations management department. Supply chain management encompasses the integration and planning of a good or product creation which passes through several stages, from procuring raw materials to manufacturing, logistics and distribution to its end customer. If you have an interest in this sector and are planning to take a deep dive into it, then you pursue your business degree in supply chain management studies in the UK. Let us walk you through the entire process of becoming an MBA graduate in Supply Chain Management in UK.
|Program Type||Post Graduate|
|Name of the Course||MBA|
|Specialization||Supply Chain Management|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree with 60% marks|
|English Proficiency test||IELTS– 6.0-6.5
|Other Entrance Exam required||GMAT– 550 above|
|Tuition Fee||17149 GBP to 32155 GBP(INR 16-30 Lakh) (varies from university to university)|
|Cost of Living||12000 and 15600 GBP (INR 11.21 Lakh to 14.58 Lakh) annually.|
|Popular Job Profiles||Supply Chain Manager, Operations Specialist, Business Analyst|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Cisco, EY, Walmart|
|Average Salary||2000 GBP – 60000 GBP (INR 18.69 Lacs to 56.08 Lacs)|
This Blog Includes:
- What is Supply Chain Management?
- Why MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK?
- Popular Universities for MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK and Their Cost
- Other Popular Universities to Study Supply Chain Management Courses
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Admission Process
- Scholarships for MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK
- Cost of Living in UK
- Career Prospects and Average Salary
- Top Recruiters
What is Supply Chain Management?
The management of a product’s creation and flow, from sourcing raw materials to manufacture, distribution, and delivery to the final consumer, is known as supply chain management (SCM). Companies may reduce unnecessary expenditures and deliver goods to customers more quickly and effectively by optimizing the supply chain. Creating a strategy, locating raw materials, production, distribution, and returns are the top five aspects of supply chain management. Now you can comprehend how large retail establishments genuinely continue to stock things and materials in order to supply their customers.
Why MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK?
When it comes to studying for an MBA, the UK has traditionally been at the top of the list. No matter the specialization, it has consistently been one of the safest bets for studying abroad. Let’s look into the main reasons why it is always a preferred overseas education destination among Indian students:
- One of the most popular and diverse study abroad locations for MBA programs in the UK. You might be surprised to hear that it is home to more than 120 different nationalities, making it special and providing the best possibilities for learning and development.
- Some of the universities and colleges in the UK are among the oldest in the world, having been founded in the 12th and 13th centuries. The UK has a significant history and has raised the bar for other countries’ educational systems.
- The good news is that it allows international students to integrate courses and specializations from different subjects.
- The UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) is an autonomous agency that routinely evaluates the educational standards of all of the nation’s colleges and universities. It also assists in identifying the best educational approaches and provides feedback for improvisation, in addition to evaluating their performance through audits and subject evaluations.
Popular Universities for MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK and Their Cost
Let’s look into the popular universities which offer MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK.
|Name of the University||Program Offered||Program Fee|
|University of East London||MBA Supply Chain Management||16360 GBP (INR- 15.26 Lakh)|
|University of Sunderland London||MBA Supply Chain Management||15148 GBP(INR 14.13 Lakh)|
|University of Bedfordshire||MBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management||15552 GBPINR (14.51 Lakh)|
|University of West Scotland||MBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management||14643 GBP(INR 13.66 Lakh)|
|Nottingham Trent University||MBA in Global Supply Chain Management||22500 GBP(INR 21 Lakh)|
Must Read: Master of Supply Chain Management in Australia
Other Popular Universities to Study Supply Chain Management Courses
It is significant to note that supply chain management is a STEM degree provided in the nation and that the majority of UK universities offer an MSc program in the subject. Let’s take a look at some of the popular universities:
|Name of the University||QS World Ranking 2022||Program Offered||Program Fee|
|Cranfield University||27||MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management||13400 EURO (INR 10.89 Lacs)|
|University of Manchester||28||MSc in Operations, Project and Supply Chain Management||24000 EURO(INR 19.50 Lacs)|
|University of Nottingham||114||MSc in Logistics and Supply Management
MSc in Supply Chain and Operations Management
|24500 EURO(INR 19.91 Lacs)|
|Manchester Metropolitan University||801-1000||Operations and Supply Chain Management||17500 EURO(INR 14.22 Lacs)|
|Durham University||82||MSc Supply Chain and Logistics Management||27000 EURO(INR 21.94 Lacs)|
No matter the MBA program an individual chooses to enrol in, there are general requirements to meet in order to receive admission to UK universities. Let’s talk about the requirements:
- An Undergraduate degree with a minimum of 60% marks
- Graduates with professional work experience are also eligible.
- English Language Proficiency Test: IELTS, TOEFL or PTE
Now that you have a clear understanding of numerous course offerings related to Supply Chain Management in UK. Let’s take a look at the documentation segment, which is one of the most crucial steps:
- Academic Transcripts from all attended universities/colleges
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- GMAT score card
- SOP/LOR’s (Varies from University to university)
- TB Test Results
- Financial Proofs
The application procedure begins months before the commencement of the program and takes a considerable amount of time. The universities for international students offer two main intakes, they are fall and winter intake. To know more about the ways to accelerate your application, call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000! Here is an easy route you can take to achieve your ambition of studying abroad and getting admission to an MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK:
- Get in touch with our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist top colleges and programs. Apply to various colleges by starting your application through our single dashboard.
- Gather all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Accept the offer letter and connect digitally with your professors, classmates, and housemates.
- Get your visa approved and depart for the college of your dreams.
Scholarships for MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK
The most popular means through which international students finance their education abroad is through scholarships. Let’s discuss some of the available scholarships.
|Name of the Scholarship||Benefit|
|Cranfield Scholarships||Tuition Fee (Partly covered)|
|Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for UK/EU/International Students||Full Tuition Fee covered|
|Chancellor’s International and EU Business School Scholarships||5349 GBPINR 5 Lakhs|
|Masters International Scholarships||6418 GBPINR 6 Lakhs|
|Global Excellence Scholarship||5349 GBPINR 5 Lakhs|
Must Read: BBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management Courses
To apply for a UK student visa, you must provide a number of documents. Applications are typically processed three weeks after submitting the following documents:
- Completed visa application form
- Visa fee payment receipt
- Latest Health Check up report (Particularly TB test results)
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
- Proof of Funds
Cost of Living in UK
The average cost of living in the UK for those doing an MBA degree completely depends on the university you choose, your residency and the type of lifestyle you maintain. However, Indian students must be prepared with between 12000 and 15600 GBP (INR 11.21 Lacs to 14.58 Lacs) annually.
Career Prospects and Average Salary
Once you graduate with an MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK, it becomes easy to obtain employment in the UK because the country is a recruiter’s market for supply chain and logistics designations and responsibilities. There are multiple job profiles to choose from that offer lucrative packages. Some of the popular job profiles are listed below:
|Supply Chain Analyst||26000 GBP (INR 24.30 Lakh)|
|Procurement Manager||50000 GBP (INR 46.73 Lakh)|
|Distribution Manager||41000 GBP (INR 38.32 Lakh)|
|Operation Support Specialist||29000 GBP (INR 27.10 Lakh)|
|Business Analyst||27000 GBP (INR 25.23 Lakh)|
Now that you have got all the information regarding the popular courses, tuition fee, cost of living, scholarships offered and career prospects you must be wondering about the top recruiters who offer lucrative packages. Here’s the list of some of the renowned recruiters::
Some universities offer MBA without GMAT, so it totally depends on which university and course you are deciding to go for.
Some universities which offer placements with Masters in Supply Chain Management are Coventry University, Kingston University London and the University of Westminster.
Some of the popular destinations are the UK, USA, Canada and New Zealand.
Students planning to pursue MBA in Supply Chain Management in UK have a wide range of options for their streams and industries. It is essential to have the proper guidance and information at every step, from choosing the institute to obtaining accurate information in detail. So get in touch with our team of coaches at Leverage Edu, who are experts in making your entire journey smooth.