We live in a service-centric society where customers and stakeholders have certain expectations and demands that a company must fulfill, where the failure to meet the standards also means a failure on the part of the company’s working. No organization would want to be in such a position and hence, they look for professionals who have the required knowledge and are well-equipped with the career skills required to deal with the daily challenges. Since the market has become more competitive due to globalization, the need to maintain the required product standard has increased. So, if you wish to be part of an industry where quality is prioritized then pursuing an MBA in Quality Management can be a suitable choice. As a comparatively new MBA specialization, it offers students a platform to gain knowldege on various aspects pertaining to auditing and business administration. Further, it trains the students to use qualitative and quantitative methods in order to identify and solve key issues and also fosters innovative thinking. Read on to know more about the MBA course and its prospects.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBA in Quality Management?
An MBA in Quality Management equips you to face the operational and managerial challenges of the industry, enhances your career skills, and provides you with an opportunity to learn the cores of how to enforce quality in an organization’s policy structure. Enlisted are the other advantages of pursuing this specialty course:
- The course teaches you how to conduct a gap analysis to compare the various systems so that you can develop a quality management strategy best suited for the organization.
- It helps you in coming up with the best quality management policy that can be enforced by the organization so as to maintain a certain quality standard.
- An MBA in Quality Management also gives you an integrated view of quality systems.
- It helps you in acquiring managerial and leadership skills to maintain operational quality too.
- You will have the opportunity to understand concepts pertaining to technology, marketing, and people so that you can use that knowledge to achieve consumer satisfaction and meet quality objectives.
- You will also be better equipped to deal with the competitive market by ensuring that the services and products offered are of a higher quality thus bringing additional profits to the organization and proving to be an asset to the organization.
About MBA in Quality Management
An MBA in Quality Management intends at making you well versed with concepts of business that relate to leadership, market competition, product efficiency, and partnership. Through these topics, you will be able to develop ways with which operational costs can be reduced without compromising with the customer and stakeholders expectations! Further, pursuing the degree will develop a strong logical reasoning ability and solid analytical skills which will help you in meeting the demands of the industry and aid personality development. Generally running for a period of 1-2 years, you will get to study subjects like Supply Chain Management, Six Sigma, Management of Service Quality, Management and Business Leadership, etc.
Syllabus & Subjects
|Semester||MBA in Quality Management Subjects|
|1st||a) People and Organisation Management
b) Managerial Economics
c) Financial Accounting
d) Quantitative Techniques
|2nd||a) Strategic, Operation, and Financial Management
b) Business Policy
|3rd||a) Total Quality Management
b) QM Systems and Control
b) Dissertation Project
Note: The syllabus mentioned above is of BITS-Pilani. It is imperative to note that the curriculum can vary based on the university.
Popular Universities offering MBA in Quality Management Abroad[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
Pursuing MBA from universities that have etched their name in providing quality education through lectures delivered by world-renowned academic staff will be a feather in the cap to build a successful career in this field. Tabulated below are some of the universities offering MBA in Quality Management both in India and abroad:
- Hofstra University
- Lincoln University of Business and Management
- United Arab Emirates University
- European Postgraduate Institute
- DePaul University
- University of Greenwich
- Florida International University
- The University of Hong Kong
- University of Dundee
- George Washington University
Top Colleges for MBA in Quality Management in India
Thinking of pursuing MBA in quality management from India? Check out the list of best colleges you should be considering:
- IIM – Calcutta
- IIM – Ahemdabad
- BITS Pilani
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
Eligibility for MBA in Quality Management
- A graduate degree from a recognised university in any discipline, following the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 standard, with a minimum of 50% in aggregate.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are also qualified to apply for MBA if they can provide evidence of completing their bachelor’s degree within the institute’s prescribed time frame.
- Depending on the course/program requirements, a minimum of two to three years of work experience is required.
- Updated resume and curriculum vitae or CV.
- A Statement of Purpose
- Two recommendation letters (LORs)
- MBA Essays
- Work experience of at least 2-3 years
- Past academic transcripts
- IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and other English proficiency tests may be used as evidence.
- GMAT or GRE scores are examples of entrance exams
- Personal Interviews and Group Discussions
The application process remains the same for all the intakes. Here is an overview of the step-by-step application process for a list of universities offering MBA in Quality Management abroad:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements.
- Click on the application form of the respective university.
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification.
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth).
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking.
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
- Postgraduate applicants have to submit a translation of the degree certificate in case the degree certificate is in another language other than English.
Job Profiles & Salary
With the emergence of an array of industries, the demand for trained professionals who are adept with various methods and techniques pertaining to quality management has increased. Thus, on pursuing an MBA in Quality Management, you can find employment under the following work profiles along with their salary structure via PayScale:
An MBA in Quality Management will provide you with ample opportunities to be a productive asset to your organization. But it is quite obvious to feel dubious while deciding to pursue relatively lesser-known MBA specializations. You don’t need to overcome these fears alone. The counsellors and mentors at Leverage Edu with their experience in the industry can help you with the decision-making process so that you can make a choice that caters to your specific needs! Click Here for a Free Consultation Session.