Aspiring to study MBA in New Zealand? MBA is one of the sought-after courses amongst international students aiming to pursue higher studies in the land of Kiwis! The first question many business graduates ask is “Is GMAT required for MBA in New Zealand?” Amongst the varied eligibility requirements for this choicest degree, GMAT is one of the prerequisites but there are many business schools and universities in New Zealand which offer MBA programs without GMAT. This blog brings you a detailed guide on MBA in New Zealand without GMAT, from the top programs to the best colleges you should consider.
Explore the New Zealand Education System
MBA in New Zealand Highlights
The top universities in New Zealand offer a wide range of MBA programs which attracts scores of international students every year. Here are the key highlights you must know about MBA in New Zealand eligibility, fees, job opportunities, salary and more!
- MBA is amongst the most popular programs to study in New Zealand and its duration varies from 12 to 24 months.
- The eligibility requires for MBA in New Zealand include an undergraduate degree in a related field, a good GMAT score (can be exempted by certain schools), English language proficiency scores of IELTS/TOEFL, etc as well as LOR and SOP. Apart from these, many universities also ask for minimum 2-3 years of work experience and you will have to submit admission essays along with your MBA application.
- The average fees of MBA in New Zealand is around NZ $21,000 to NZ $ 51,000 (10,24,000 INR- 24,86,000 INR).
- There are numerous job opportunities after MBA in New Zealand such as Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Human Resource Manager, Business Manager, etc. The average salary of these profiles ranges between 30-45 Lakh.
Must Read: MBA in USA without GMAT
MBA in New Zealand without GMAT
Now that we are through with what all are the requirements as well as career prospects after pursuing MBA from New Zealand with GMAT score, now let us take into account what all are the options available without a GMAT score. Listed below are the popular programs and colleges offering MBA in New Zealand without GMAT:
MBA at AIS St. Helens
The renowned AIS St. Helens offers a general MBA course that students can pursue without qualifying GMAT or GRE exam. The only requirement for this MBA in New Zealand without GMAT is a bachelor’s degree with at least two years of work experience. If the candidate doesn’t have the requisite professional experience, then they must have graduated in fields like Business Studies or Commerce. Further, you will also need a good score in your chosen English language proficiency exam such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE. The required average scores for these tests are:
- IELTS: Minimum 6.5 band with no individual band lower than 6.0
- TOEFL: 79
- PTE: 58
MBA at Massey University
The world-renowned Massey University also offers a general MBA course which doesn’t require GMAT as its key admission criteria. The duration of the MBA program at MU is 1 year and this MBA in New Zealand requires candidates to provide the IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0. Along with this, it is mandatory to have a UG degree with more than three years of full-time work experience.
MBA at University of Canterbury
University of Canterbury’s MBA program is a 16-month course and is also one of the best MBA programs in New Zealand without GMAT. To apply for the MBA at the University of Canterbury, you will have to provide an overall IELTS score no less than 6.5 and each band score 6.0. Along with this, the candidate must also have more than 5 years of work experience.
MBA at the University of Waikato
One of the most popular universities in New Zealand, University of Waikato also offers MBA without GMAT in New Zealand. Just as the above-mentioned universities, UW also asks the students to fulfil certain necessary requirements such as having at least 3 years of managing experience or 10 years of working experience. Other than this, the candidate must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 to apply for this MBA program.
Thus, we hope that this blog familiarized you with the essentials of pursuing MBA in New Zealand without GMAT. Aspiring to study your MBA in New Zealand? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and we will help you explore the best programs and universities and select the best one as per your interests and preferences! Sign up for a free session now!