Looking for the best MBA courses in Hong Kong? Hong Kong is one of the bustling financial centres in Asia and the world and is emerging as a choicest study destination amongst international students. Having been featured amongst the top 10 student cities by the QS Rankings 2019, Hong Kong is a perfect destination to pursue your MBA at a top business school and explore a plethora of career opportunities on a global level. This blog brings you a complete guide on MBA in Hong Kong, from part-time to executive programs, their fees, top business schools and more!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MBA in Hong Kong?
- MBA in Hong Kong
- Top MBA Programs in Hong Kong
- Top Business Schools in Hong Kong
- Top Executive MBA
- Popular Intakes
- MBA in Hong Kong: Specialisations
- Eligibility for MBA in Hong Kong
- Cost of Studying MBA in Hong Kong
- Scholarships Available
- Career Prospects
Why Study MBA in Hong Kong?
Considered as the top student-friendly cities in the world, Hong Kong welcomes international students from all around the world for its renowned universities and programs. It is one of the biggest financial centres and provides businesses with advantages of a free flow of information and international lifestyle. Here are the top perks of studying your MBA in Hong Kong:
- An MBA from Hong Kong gives candidates the advantage of building their careers in the Asia-Pacific region and an opportunity to learn from the best businesses all over the world.
- Hong Kong Universities have a rich business and entrepreneurial heritage which provides certain advantages to the students. The global alumni network offered by the universities is another reason why MBA in Hong Kong is worth your time!
- Studying MBA in Hong Kong is the gateway to one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. Business schools in Hong Kong teach students how to navigate the local market, Asian economy and provide language training in Mandarin to help build a stronger foundation in the country.
- Hong Kong is a dominant player in the world economy and as the freest economy in the world, it is fast emerging as an international banking and business centre because of its lax tax rates, business-inclined government policies, and international trading centre where people from all over the world.
- Another reason why you should consider MBA in Hong Kong is the ease with which foreigners can start a business in the country. The process is easy, inexpensive as well as allows foreigners to own the company completely.
- English is one of the most common languages in the country which means communication and studying in the country is hassle-free!
- Education in Hong Kong goes beyond learning activities and incorporates their students with extracurricular activities in order to help them with their personal development. International students can stay back in the country and look for employment for 12 months. Once hired, they can extend their stay as well.
MBA in Hong Kong
|Name of the Course||MBA|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelors with 50% from any field of study|
|Duration||Full-time MBA: 2 yearsExecutive MBA: 2 to 1 yearPart-time MBA: 4 to 2 years|
|Total Fees Range||$75,300 (INR 55,81,951)|
|Work Experience||Not mandatory|
|Top Universities||HKUST Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Business School, The University of Hong Kong – HKU Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong – CUHK Business School|
|Entrance Exams||GMAT, GRE, IELTS (6.5 band score) , TOEFL (score 550)|
Top MBA Programs in Hong Kong
Here are the top MBA programs in Hong Kong:
- Part-time MBA by Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Business School
- Full-time MBA by Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Business School
- MBA by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Executive MBA from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Business School.
Top Business Schools in Hong Kong
|University||Programmes||Tuition Fees||Duration||QS MBA World Rankings 2021|
|The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)||Full-time MBA||US$75,300for the 2021 intake
|16 months & 12 month (Accelerated)||43|
|The University of Hong Kong (HKU)||Full-time MBAPart-Time MBA||HK$588,000 payable in 3 instalments over one year
(INR 56,04, 316)
|The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)||Full-time MBAPart-time MBA||HK$560,000 for full-time course
|City University of Hong Kong||Full-time MBAPart-time MBA||HK$10,200 per credit
(INR 2,37, 985)
|1 year (optional 2nd year)||151-200|
|The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU)||Part-time MBA||HK$401,700 per programme
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Business School
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a public research university in Hong Kong that was founded in 1991. The university was ranked 34th by QS world rankings in 2022 and the HKUST MBA offered by the HKUST Business School, Hong Kong is one of the choicest programs amongst international students. One of the best universities for MBA in Hong Kong, the college has a diverse crowd mix of students, faculty, and advisory board members by gender and nationality which helps their students to continue steady progress and contribute to the ongoing progress of the program.
The University of Hong Kong
The University of Hong Kong MBA is designed to provide students with a real-world experience and deep understanding of international business. Their whole MBA program is somewhat unique in nature and provides complete global experience. Students get the opportunity to take part in the China immersion program and many other career-related treks that helps students witness the economic landscape and the future of business.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University has been ranked 66th by QS world rankings in 2022. As one of the top academic institutions for MBA in Hong Kong, HKPU prepares students to contribute to different sectors and industries by equipping them with theoretical concepts as well as practical applications of those concepts. The university also keeps on reviewing their MBA program in order to meet the needs for today as well as future.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
The Chinese University of Hong Kong is best known for creating leaders of the future. With a rank of 39 in the QS world ranking 2022, the business school is considered to be one of the best business schools in Hong Kong. The university embraces a global perspective and provides its students with different opportunities for exposure and experiences.
City University of Hong Kong
The City University of Hong Kong provides its students with experiential learning courses and helps them develop a global perspective via overseas global practicums and workshops. The CityU MBA has its integral focus on leadership and experiential learning and provides an integrated curriculum including entrepreneurship and venture plan development, Global Brand Management workshop, amongst others.
Top Executive MBA
Executive MBA programmes are offered by select Business Schools in Hong Kong and targeted at working professionals looking to grow in their careers.. Let’s look at the list of business schools, their requirements, minimum work experience, and fees structures-
|Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)||Kellogg-HKUST Executive MBA Program||Minimum 10 years|
|Columbia Business School, London Business School and The University of Hong Kong Business School.||EMBA-Global Asia||Minimum 5 years|
To pursue MBA in Hong Kong, there are two main intakes that universities offer- January and September. The latter is the most popular one as most students apply during the September intake every year. Universities tend to offer a wider variety of programmes and courses for admissions during this intake.
|Intakes||Starting Month||Application Start|
MBA in Hong Kong: Specialisations
|Supply Chain Management||Entrepreneurship||Information Management|
|Aviation||Accounting||General Management in Asia & China|
|Innovation and Design||Fashion||Global Brand Management|
Eligibility for MBA in Hong Kong
Though the actual admission requirements might vary from university to another, here are the major eligibility requirements for MBA in Hong Kong:
- The applicant must have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution with the minimum marks required by the chosen university.
- An average work experience of about 2-3 years (might not be required by some universities)
- A valid GMAT or GRE score is also required along with English language proficiency scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, etc.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
Also Read: Best Business Schools in Asia
Cost of Studying MBA in Hong Kong
Studying in Hong Kong is definitely cheaper than living and studying in countries like the USA, UK and Canada. Students can easily find cheap accommodation or choose to live on campus at a standardised rate. The average monthly cost of boarding in Hong Kong is anywhere between- HK$6,000 – 15,000 and on-campus is nearly HK$4,900. When it comes to meals, Hong Kong is incredibly famous for its authentic street food, depending upon where you eat your meals, the monthly cost can be HK$4,500. Transportation, miscellaneous and general living cost can be anywhere between HK$2,000 – 5,000. Thus, the monthly cost of studying for an MBA in Hong Kong without the tuition fees is somewhere between HK$15,500 – 17,000.
Apart from the glorious education system, Hong Kong also provides a lot of scholarships and other financial aids to help students so as to not let them hamper their education because of financial matters. Here are some of the top scholarships for MBA in Hong Kong:
- HKUST MBA Merit Scholarship
- Forte Fellows Program
- AMBA 50th Anniversary Scholarships
- International KAS Contest Scholarship
- Chinese University of Hong Kong BEA Inspiring Students Scholarship
Major Sectors of Employment after MBA
- Transportation and Logistics
Top Recruiters in Hong Kong
- AdAsia Hong Kong Ltd.
- Alaya Consulting
- Capgemini Consulting
- ComplianceAsia Consulting Limited
- Christian Dior
- Deloitte Consulting
- Ernst & Young
- Hill+Knowlton Strategies
- Horvath & Partners
Latest: MBA Application Deadlines 2021!
Thus, we hope that this blog familiarized you with all the essentials of pursuing an MBA in Hong Kong. Confused about finding the right MBA program to study in Hong Kong? Our Leverage Edu experts will help you find the right course and university as per your interests and career aspirations! Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and LinkedIn.