Renowned for its higher education standards, Germany is home to internationally ranked universities that provide a plethora of courses at almost null or economical costs. Referred to as “the land of poets and thinkers”, the country is increasingly becoming a preferred choice when it comes to attaining overseas education. More than 100 higher academic institutions offer an array of masters courses in Germany in almost every field of study. Since, a degree like an MBA which holds utmost importance if pursued from a global institution, studying this master’s program from Germany comes with a long list of perks. Through this blog, we aim to bring you a comprehensive guide on MBA in Germany, the specialisations offered, eligibility criteria as well as top academic institutions.
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue an MBA in Germany?
Along with the most alluring benefit i.e. cost of studying Germany, there are numerous other attractions which make Germany a top study destination for your MBA degree. It is amongst the major countries with the best education systems having a standard grading system and implementing a unique mix of practical and theoretical understanding. Let’s take a look at some of the significant reasons why you should study in Germany and opt for an MBA in Germany:
- Top Global MBA Schools: Around 5 business schools in Germany have featured amongst the top 100 MBA schools by QS Rankings 2020. Moreover, the country provides EU-accredited MBA degrees along with an exceptional curriculum and intensive industry experience for budding business professionals.
- Affordable Cost of Studying: Addressing one of the major concerns of the decision to study abroad, higher education in Germany is provided mainly at no costs or at affordable tuition fees. Studying your MBA in Germany, the financial restraints can be less of a concern as the public universities in the country. Further, affordable accommodation and living costs are other advantages of pursuing your master’s degree here.
- Scholarships: Every year the German Government releases various scholarships for international students. These financial-aid schemes are generally offered to meritorious students as well as those with unprivileged backgrounds. Some of the famous scholarships which students can opt for MBA in Germany include DAAD Scholarships, The Deutschland Stipendium, Erasmus+ etc.
- Exceptional Curriculum: The MBA courses offered at German universities do not monotonously focus on the conceptual studies but are designed with interesting parameters that aim to equip them with the industry knowledge of the field of study they are aspiring to specialise in. The institutions also encourage students to take part in research projects and apprenticeships to provide them with a balanced curriculum.
Focussing on the core concepts of Finance, Supply Chain Management, Operation Management, Entrepreneurship Development, a Masters in Management is quite popular in Germany. Want to know more? Read our blog on MIM in Germany.
MBA Eligibility Requirements
Since there are numerous free universities in Germany which charge absolutely zero tuition fee, the country stands firm on the grounds of the eligibility criteria which students need to compulsorily fulfil in order to pursue their chosen degree. When it comes to MBA in Germany, the basic eligibility criteria remain the same though some additional prerequisite may vary from one university to another. Here is a list of some of the key eligibility requirements that you must know about before applying for an MBA degree at a German institution:
- Students must have an equivalent German bachelor’s degree i.e. of a 4-year undergraduate degree though some universities also accept those candidates who have completed 3-year bachelor-level programs. Along with this, 1 year of work experience or a 1-year post-graduate-level degree in administration is also preferred.
- Candidates have to qualify the GMAT or GRE exam to apply for an MBA in Germany. There is also an option of an MBA in Germany without GMAT.
- Mandatory to clear English language proficiency tests like TOEFL or IELTS. There are some variants of MBA course which are available in German language only. For such courses, students have to qualify the DSH or TestDAF.
Pursuing higher education at a foreign university is a long-drawn and exhausting affair. And, if you are wondering what all important documents are required for a German student visa, read our blog on requirements to study in Germany for Indian students.
It is a lesser-known fact that you can pursue your career and study in Germany without any English language proficiency test. Want to know how? Let’s explore this possibility through our blog on the study in Germany without IELTS.
Want to get admission to your dream university abroad? Then, Register Here!
Top Universities for MBA in Germany
A renowned university possesses the abilities to carve your career by providing you with the right knowledge and exposure into your field of interest. With its internationally renowned business schools, attaining your MBA degree in Germany can be a life-changing experience. The following table elucidates the popular public and private universities for MBA in Germany:
|University of Mannheim||Public||Essec & Mannheim EMBA (Part-time); Mannheim & Tongji EMBA (Part-time); Full-time MBA; and Part-time MBA|
|ESMT Berlin||Private||Full-time MBA; Part-time MBA; and EMBA|
|WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management||Private||Full-Time; Part-Time MBA; and Kellogg-WHU EMBA|
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management||Private||Full-time MBA; Part-time MBA; and EMBA|
|Berlin School of Economics and Law||Public||Full-time MBA; and Part-time MBA|
|Berlin School of Business & Innovation||Private||Global MBA; MBA; and MBA in Maritime and Shipping Management|
|University of Cologne||Public||EMBA|
|Hochschule Pforzheim||Public||MBA in International Management|
|ESCP Europe-Berlin Campus||Private||MBA in International Management; and EMBA|
|Frankfurt School of Finance and Management||Private||Full-time MBA; The Frankfurt MBA; MBA in International Healthcare Management; EMBA; and MBA for Executives|
|WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management||Private||Full-time MBA; Part-time MBA; and EMBA|
|EU Business School||Private||MBA in one of the majors (International Business; Communication & Public Relations; International Marketing; Global Banking & Finance; Leisure & Tourism Management; Entrepreneurship; Digital Business; Sports Management; Human Resources Management; Design Management; and Blockchain Management)|
Explore: MBA Universities in Germany
Duration of the Course
Generally, your study will vary from university to university, but a full-time and Executive MBA (EMBA) in Germany ranges from 12 to 24 months. Some courses make an exemption of 15, 18 or 20 months.
Cost of Studying an MBA in Germany
The average cost of MBA in Germany is around €30,000 – €50,000; and Executive MBA on the other hand, amount to around €90,000.
In order to study a PhD in Germany, one should have a study visa. So, if you are planning to move to Germany, find out the process of obtaining a German Study Visa.
What is the student visa fee for Germany? Is it easy to get a student visa for Germany? Is IELTS necessary for Germany student visa? Find out the answer by reading our blog on Germany Student Visa.
Also Read: Top MBA Colleges in Germany
Thus, we hope that this blog has helped you understand the varied essentials of pursuing an MBA in Germany. Sorting out the complicated process of higher studies abroad can be an exhaustive task. If you are aspiring to study a management degree in Germany and don’t know where to begin, reach out to our Leverage Edu experts and we’ll guide in selecting a suitable course and university as well as throughout the admission procedure to ensure that you get successfully shortlisted.