MBA is easily the most sought-after post-graduation degree offered by some of the best universities located across the world. Deciding where to pursue your MBA comes with a host of questions: what is ROI, or will I be able to apply for a post-study work visa after my graduation. One such city that offers both great ROI and tremendous job opportunities has to be Dublin! As the capital of Ireland, the city is a fast-paced economy that welcomes thousands of international students every year for its high-quality education and lifestyle. Here is why you should consider an MBA in Dublin and its top-notch universities!
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue MBA in Dublin?
An MBA is a highly reputed professional degree and a great option for those wanting to boost their careers and rise to managerial positions in diverse industries. The sheer specializations offered by the country can help it But the saturation and competition in the field make it hard for MBA graduates to find a position in top companies. An MBA program from a reputed business school makes a difference when looking for a job. Dublin is a warm and welcoming city, known for the friendliness of its people with dedicated business schools that are ranked consistently among the top in the world. Also, Dublin ranks 33rd amongst the safest cities in the world. Another reason to study in Dublin is the proximity to the top recruiters and being home to some of the world’s leading companies.
Types of MBA in Dublin
MBA colleges in Dublin offer 2 types of MBA programs: Full-time MBA and Executive MBA.
- Full-time MBA: Full-time MBA programs take place in an intensive classroom environment. Students enrolled in this program do not pursue a job. These programs span for a duration of 1-year.
- Executive MBA: Executive MBAs or EMBAs are programs that span for 2 years. They are characterized by participants who have full-time jobs. Classes usually take place on the weekends. Lectures take place for 4 hours a week. Classrooms and curriculum are designed to accommodate the work hours of participants. 5 business schools in Ireland offer EMBA programs. But Indian students are not eligible to pursue an EMBA in Ireland.
Top Universities for MBA in Dublin
|Trinity College Dublin||1 year (Full-time)||€35,287||Minimum of 3 – 5 years work experience GMAT score of < 550, or equivalent GRE score IELTS 6.5=< or TOEFL IBT 90=< for non-native English speaker|
|University College Dublin||1 year (Full-time)||€34,500||Minimum of 3 years work experience GMAT score of < 600, or equivalent GRE score IELTS 7=< or TOEFL IBT 100=< for non-native English speaker|
|Dublin City University||2 years (EMBA) Part-Time||€51,000|
|National College of Ireland||2 years (EMBA) Part-Time||€12,750|
|Dublin Business School||1 year (Full-time)||€12,500||60% and above in bachelors. IELTS 6.5=< score for non-native English speaker|
|Griffith College Dublin||1 year (Full-time)||€14,000||60% and above in their bachelor’s. IELTS 6.5=< score for non-native English speaker|
Also Read: MBA at Trinity College Dublin
Fees for MBA in Dublin
Wondering about the cost of an MBA in Dublin? Here is the good news for you. As compared to other European countries, the cost of an MBA in Dublin is comparatively low. This means you get to study in top-ranked Irish universities without the fear of emptying your bank account. Every university has different tuition fees. It ranges between Rs.10 lakhs to Rs.30 lakhs depending upon the university and course. Other costs include accommodation, food, and transport.
For the complete program term, tuition fees at Irish universities providing MBA (full-time) range from 10,29,875 INR at Dublin Business School to 28,58,933 INR at Trinity College Dublin. In Ireland, there are more EMBA programs than full-time MBA programs.
|Program||Total Program Fee (in INR)*|
|MBA||10,29,875 – 28,58,933|
|EMBA||20,59,750 – 28,58,933|
MBA in Dublin Without GMAT
Although the GMAT or GRE is considered a crucial element of the MBA admissions process in Dublin, certain colleges may accept an MBA application without it. There are, however, several requirements that must be met. Students can seek a GMAT (or GRE) waiver for university admissions in Ireland if they meet the following criteria:
- They have a master’s or doctoral degree from a renowned university in a quantitative area.
- If they have a long professional career history (8-10 years or higher).
- Additional professional accomplishments and credentials judged deserving of a waiver
MBA in Dublin Eligibility Requirements
- A minimum of three years (with an undergraduate degree) or five years (with a professional qualification) worth of work experience (mandatory requirement)
- The university degree should be from a recognized university, a professional qualification obtained with exams, or a substantial track of business achievement without a degree or qualification
- Qualify the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with an acceptable score. Generally, a minimum score of 550 is required by top universities.
- Scores of any English Language Proficiency tests such as TOEFL or IELTS. Depending on the university, this test may be exempted for candidates who have done their formal education in English.
Make Your Score Skyrocket with Leverage Live! Book a FREE Demo Session TODAY!
- A GMAT score of 500 or equivalent GRE score.
- IELTS score more than 6 or a TOEFL score more than 100.
- Official verified and translated academic transcripts of undergraduate (or postgraduate) degrees.
- An up-to-date resume with all the necessary details of work experience, academic background, and achievements.
- Personal Essays, Goals Essays or SOP, as directed by the university
- Two letters of recommendations, preferably from a professional background
- Two photographs and identity supporting documents
- Financial and loan documents along with visa papers
How to Apply to Dublin for an MBA?
- Each of the universities will have an online application form that needs to be filled and submitted online and/or downloaded if you are sending a hard copy of the documents
- Along with the online application form, attach the necessary documents and admissions drafts (Essays, CV, LORs and so on)
- For online application, once you are done with the process, you will be required to pay the application fee
- For offline application, you need to send the fee along with the documentation
Cost of Living in Dublin
|Expense||Cost per month (in INR)|
|Food expenditure||17,000- 20,000|
No. You cannot pursue an MBA without IELTS in Ireland. Alternatively, you could take a TOEFL test to prove your English proficiency.
Certain colleges in Dublin accept applicants without work experience. Instead, they set minimum academic requirements that participants should exceed.
The cost of studying MBA in Dublin ranges between Rs.10 lakhs to Rs.30 lakhs depending upon the university and course. Other costs include accommodation, food, and transport.
Also Read: MBA in Ireland
Want to pursue MBA in Dublin? Then kickstart your application with Leverage Edu experts by calling us on 1800 572 000!