Known for its innovation throughout all the aspects of the program, Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University has been rated amongst the world’s highest-rated business schools. Founded in 1949, has pioneered the interdisciplinary approach to business management with its MBA Program. in USA. Here is the entire guide telling about the experience of doing an MBA at Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon.
This Blog Includes:
Tepper School of Business Ranking
- The full-time MBA program of Tepper School of Business is ranked #16 in the 2022 US News and Report list of best Business Schools in the world
- Tepper School of Business ranks at #18 in QS Global MBA Ranking 2022
- The school ranks at #28 by Times Higher Education World University Ranking, 2022
- Financial Times ranks the school at #27 on MBA Ranking 2021
Also Read: Best MBA Colleges in World 2021
Carnegie Mellon MBA
The school boasts a student to teacher ratio of 5:1 and has about 150 faculty members. The school is a pioneer in management science. It involves applying an analytical approach to examining organisational issues. Professors also employ business cases, lectures, in-class presentations, among other methods. The program is tailored according to the student’s career goals and aspirations. Students specialise in one of the six tracks in a particular functional area or career path.
Tepper School of Business offers multiple courses from undergraduate to PhD level.
- Bachelors in Business Administration
- Bachelors in Economics
- Full-time MBA
- Masters of Science in Business Analytics
- Masters of Science in Product Management
- Master of Integrated Innovation for Products and Services
- Masters of Science in Computational Finance
Also Read: Carnegie Mellon Transfer Acceptance Rate
- Students who want to gain an international experience participate in global treks and semesters abroad.
- These treks include international trips to India, China, Dubai and South Africa which occur during their spring and winter breaks.
- The college has also partnered with Otto Beisheim School of Management, which offer an overseas education program at Koblenz, Germany.
Carnegie Mellon University MBA Fees
Each MBA program by Tepper Business School is different and has different fees.
|Course||Duration||Fees per Annum|
|Full-time MBA program||2 years||$70,000 (INR 51,61,020) per year|
|Part-time Flex MBA program||8 semesters||$17,500 (INR 12,90,255) per semester|
|Part-time online MBA program||8 semesters||$17,500 (INR 12,90,255) per semester|
Other than the tuition fee itself, there are other expenses as well.
|Student Activity Fee||$135 (INR 9950)|
|Media Fee||$5 (INR 360)|
|Technology Fee||$220 (INR 16220)|
|Transportation Fee||$122 (INR 8990)|
|Orientation Fee||$400 (INR 29490)|
Intakes and Deadlines
Tepper School of Business offers students to apply in 4 different rounds. The first round is only for full-time applicants, round 2 and round 3 are for both full-time and part-time applicants and round 4 is only for part-time applicants.
|Round 1||October 3, 2021||December 8, 2021||February 13, 2022|
|Round 2||January 5, 2021||March 9, 2021||April 12, 2022|
|Round 3||March 6, 2022||May 4, 2022||May 22, 2022|
|Round 4||April 8, 2022||May 18, 2022||May 29, 2022|
In order to apply to Tepper School of Business, you need to fill an online application form on the website. You will require certain documents.
- Current resume
- One required essay
- One professional recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts of all academic work
- Official GMAT/ GRE scores
- Official TOEFL/ IELTS score
Once you have these documents, you can fill the application available on the website and submit the application fee of $200 (INR 14,745). If you are selected for the profile, you will receive an evaluative interview. You will receive the invite within a week of application submission.
The MBA Class of 2022 of Tepper School of Business is a highly diverse group of 141 students.
|US Underrepresented Minorities||19%|
|Average GMAT Score||680|
|Average Work Experience||5.4 years|
Also Read: Carnegie Mellon University Notable Alumni
The college provides a range of services and resources to assist students with their job search. Tepper has a dedicated Career Opportunities Center (COC). The COC works closely with about 300+ companies each year, providing on and off-campus interview programs.
The Batch of 2020 saw some of the best job opportunities.
- The median salary is $136,000
- 89% received offers by three months after graduation
- 28% accepted jobs on the West Coast
- 33% of students received jobs in consulting
The school offers more than 40 student-led professional, educational, and social clubs for students to expand their network. From Asian Business Association to Wine Club, the school offers students an experience they would never forget. The school also offers global treks during spring break for both corporate and cultural experience. Situated in Pittsburg, the school is surrounded by multiple interesting restaurants, museums, sports complexes, etc for students to explore the city itself.
There are more than 40 student clubs at Tepper, across educational, art, social and professional interests. These clubs organise various networking events, career accelerating workshops, case study competitions, speaker series, cultural fests etc. throughout the year. Tepper also hosts the famous W.N. Mellon Speaker Series. This series brings CXOs of leading companies to the campus and discuss the strategies and recent events in the global business. The college does not provide college housing. About 75% of students at Tepper live in Shadyside, an upscale residential area, only a mile from the campus.
Do Check Out These MBA Schools
- London Business School
- ISB (Indian School of Business)
- Harvard Business School
- Stanford GSB
- MBA in Oxford University
- ESCP Business School
Are you interested in pursuing an MBA at Tepper School of Business? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and we will help you throughout the process from your selecting the course to Visa. So, what are you waiting for? Book your FREE Counselling session now or simply call us at 1800 57 2000.