The master’s in Business Administration is a postgraduate level degree program that acquaints the students with diverse concepts related to business such as Finance, Accounts, and Human Resources. Due to increasing demand for this course, entrance exams are conducted across the globe to select the best out of the pool of many candidates. One such exam is the MBA CET exam. It is also known as the MAH CET exam. Conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Maharashtra, the CET exam is an entry ticket for candidates to study for an MBA in various participating colleges in Maharashtra. This test is held annually in the month of March. In this blog, we will discuss the MBA CET syllabus and other details pertaining to the exam.
This Blog Includes:
- MBA CET (MAH CET) Exam: Overview
- MAH CET MBA 2022 Important Dates
- MBA CET Paper Pattern
- MBA CET Question Paper
- MBA CET Syllabus
- Books for Preparation
- Best Books to Prepare for MAH CET MBA 2022
- MBA CET Preparation Strategy
- MBA CET Exam Analysis: Year Wise
- Top MBA Entrance Exams
MBA CET (MAH CET) Exam: Overview
Before we head to the MBA CET syllabus, it is important to understand the recruitment process. Unlike the majority of the business administration tests, the MBA CET exam does not have a personal interview or group discussion round. Instead, there is a direct admission process followed by the participating colleges based upon the individual scores of candidates. If the candidates are residents of Maharashtra, then they are given certain relaxation in the reservation policies. The details pertaining to the exam have been tabulated below:
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Test Duration||2 hours 30 mins|
|Type of Questions||MCQ’s|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Marks per Question||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Sections||Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension/ Verbal Ability|
MAH CET MBA 2022 Important Dates
|MAH CET MBA 2022 application starts||March 17, 2022|
|MAH CET MBA 2022 application ends||May 11, 2022|
|MAH CET Correction Window||Opened on June 20 till June 30|
|MAH CET MBA 2022 mock test||To be announced|
|MAH CET MBA 2022 admit card releases||To be announced|
|MAH CET MBA 2022||August 23, 24, and 25, 2022|
MBA CET Paper Pattern
The exam pattern for the MBA CET (MAH CET) is on similar lines to other MBA exams, the question paper has Multiple Choice Questions which are framed from the four core subjects.
|Topics||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted Per Question|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||50||1|
MBA CET Question Paper
Last year’s question paper for MBA CET (MAH CET) had a total of 200 questions, all of which were in the format of multiple-choice questions. The question paper has been analysed to be of moderate difficulty and it had no negative marking. Tabulated below is the section-wise level of difficulty of the question paper which came last year.
|Subjects and Sections||Level of Difficulty||Attempts Considered Good|
|Logical Reasoning||Lengthy and Moderate||42-44|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Difficult to Moderate||30-32|
|Overall||Moderate and Lengthy||135|
MBA CET Syllabus
Being one of the most important competitive exams after graduation, the MBA CET (MAH CET) syllabus is very vast and encompasses the elements of a multitude of business-related subjects. Here is a comprehensive description of all the sections which are included in the exam:
This section is designed to examine a candidate’s ability to deduce answers from a series of patterns, statements, number reasonings, etc. It is a blend of various concepts related to questions based on relationships and verbal reasoning. To score well, the candidates have to have good speed and accuracy which can come with practice. The preparation for this section has to be detailed as there are minute conceptual details that candidates need to keep in their minds.
|Venn Diagram||Conditional Coding|
|Symbol-Based Comparison||Linear and Circular Arrangement|
|Series Completion||Sequential Output|
|Selection Criteria||Blood Relations|
Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension
In the reading comprehension section, passage-based questions are asked which require a sound understanding of the language. To secure good marks, you must develop the habit of reading the newspaper regularly. Apart from reading subject-specific articles, you can also practice reading write-ups from fields like Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, etc. Students should strive to enhance their vocabulary by learning new words daily and should look for their respective synonyms, antonyms, and idioms. The topics covered in this section have been tabulated below:
|Fill in the blanks||Antonyms|
|Sentence Completion, Correction, Arrangement||Para Jumbles|
|Spelling/Inappropriate Usage||Critical Reasoning|
The primary objective of including this section in the MBA CET syllabus is to examine the candidate’s ability in solving basic maths questions. To ace the exam, it is important to practice and implement the mensuration formulas in the calculations. The candidates should try to solve most of the calculations orally. Majorly, calculation, speed, graphs, and charts are tested in this section. The topics which form an integral part of this section have been tabulated below:
|Operations-Based Questions||Time and Distance|
|Special Equations||Simple Equation|
|Inequalities and Modulus||Ratio, Proportion, and Variation|
|Time and Work||Mensuration|
|Indices and Surds||Averages, Mixtures, Alligations|
|Coordinate Geometry||Quadratic Equations|
|Quantitative Reasoning||Data Interpretation- Charts,Tables,Graphs|
|Permutation and Combination|
Books for Preparation
It is very important to choose the right books if you want to prepare well for the MBA CET (MAH CET) 2021. We have tabulated a list of the best books available for MBA CET preparation.
|Name of Book||Name of Author|
|Mathematics for MBA Entrance Exams||R.S Aggarwal|
|MAH CET (MBA/MMS) Entrance Guide||Disha Publications|
|Maharashtra MBA CET||Arihant Publications|
|50+ Solved Papers||Arihant|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||TIME|
Best Books to Prepare for MAH CET MBA 2022
- 50+ Solved Papers MBA by Arihant Publications
- Maharashtra MBA MH-CET 2022 by Arihant Publications
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
- MH-CET (MBA/ MMS) Entrance Guide by Disha Publications
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma
- The Pearson Guide to CET: MBA Maharashtra by Vandana Thorpe
- Target MHCET (MBA/MMS) – Past papers + 6 Mock Tests by Disha Publications
- Maharashtra MBA CET Guide by RPH Editorial Board by Priyanka Prakashan
- Study material on all sections of MBA CET Maharashtra by Chandresh Agarwal
MBA CET Preparation Strategy
The good part about attempting the MBA CET (MAH CET) exam is that it is similar to the other MBA entrance exams. Candidates who are preparing to appear or have appeared for the CAT exam are also prepared to give the MBA CET exam. All you need to do is to keep a few things in mind. They are:
- Attempt a lot of mock tests. The mock tests are available online and are by the name MBA CET Mock Tests.
- The date of the MBA CET exam comes four months after the CAT exam is conducted. So revising and rigorous practice is the key.
- Keep analysing the mock tests you attempt. If you give enough time to the mock tests and understand your mistakes or the questions you found difficult, it will help you know better where you stand in your preparation.
- It is essential to time yourself while you attempt and practise mock tests. To excel at the MBA CET exam accuracy and speed should be your strong points. The MBA CET 2021 will have 100 questions which will be required to be answered within the time limit of 150 minutes.
- Since the time limit is not sectional, you can make your own strategy of attempting the MBA CET exam. However, it is advisable to attempt questions from the section you think are your strong point and then move on to the other parts.
- Always revise the answers you have written before submitting your paper.
MBA CET Exam Analysis: Year Wise
Going through the previous year’s question papers is very helpful and insightful in preparing well for the MBA CET exam. Go through the analysis of the MBA CET exam of the last three years by experts here:
- MBA CET 2020: The questions asked in the exam would be categorised as being of moderate difficulty. If you attempted overall questions about 150/160 out of the 200 questions asked and had an accuracy of 85 per cent then there is a high likelihood of you scoring 99.5 per cent.
- MBA CET 2019: The question paper of the MBA CET 2019 was also of moderate difficulty. The questions on Logical Reasoning were lengthy. Sections on Verbal Ability and Quantitative Aptitude were also of moderate difficulty level.
- MBA CET 2018: The section on Logical Reasoning was the toughest as compared to other sections of the paper that year. The section on Quantitative Aptitude was based on calculations and could be called tricky. The paper was full of surprises and had many unexpected questions.
Note: To stay updated with the CET exam dates, you should regularly visit the official website.
Top MBA Entrance Exams
|CAT 2022||XAT 2023||MAT 2022|
|CMAT 2022||IIFT 2023||SNAP 2022|
|TISSNET MBA 2022||IBSAT 2022||NMAT 2022|
One mark is given to each right answer in the MBA CET exam. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
The section on Logical Reasoning has 75 questions in total with 75 marks allotted to it. It has the maximum questions as well as the maximum marks allotted to it as compared to other sections.
The total time given to attempt the MBA CET exam is 150 minutes or 2.5 hours. There is no time limit section-wise.
The MBA CET syllabus is prescribed by the exam conducting body, Maharashtra, CET.
The question paper of the MBA CET exam is of moderate difficulty level. It is not considered tougher than the CAT exam.
Hopefully, this blog has helped you acquaint yourself with the MBA CET syllabus. If you want to pursue an MBA from abroad but are not sure about how to get started with the process then the experts at Leverage Edu will assist you in selecting the university using our AI-enabled tool. The counsellors will also help you choose a specialization course depending on your professional goals. You can also book a 30 minutes free counselling session to know more about how to study abroad.