Did you know some of the prestigious business schools in the UK charge up to £60,000 (INR 60.5 Lakhs, approx.) for an MBA in UK? There is no doubt that the UK is home to some of the world’s top business schools in terms of quality education, renowned education system and diverse curriculum. But, it’s true that an MBA degree from a country like the UK comes at a huge cost and investment. There are some universities in the UK that allow students to study MBA below 20000 GBP (INR 20.18 Lakhs) too!
Explore Top MBA Colleges Around the Globe!
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBA in UK?
The United Kingdom is one of the most popular places in the world for students pursuing higher education, notably the MBA. Here are some of the reasons why the United Kingdom is an excellent place to pursue an MBA:
- MBA degree from the UK is globally recognised.
- You will get an opportunity to develop skills and expertise through extensive training at world-renowned organisations.
- If not an MBA, there are other post-graduation courses like LBS MIM which can be pursued by those who are willing to shape their concept and fundamentals in the field of business and management.
- Innumerable industrial training opportunities.
Cost of Studying MBA in UK
Although millions of students envision the ambition of earning an MBA from a top UK university, just a handful achieve their goals. The reason for this is the high expense and cost of studying of pursuing an MBA in the United Kingdom. In general, an MBA programme in the United Kingdom lasts 12 to 21 months and costs between 31,450 GBP and 87,900 GBP on average. This indicates that the total cost of studying in the UK for an Indian student might range between INR 29 Lakhs and INR 81 Lakhs. This can put a significant dent in the finances for some students!
Study MBA Below 20000 GBP
Even though the country might seem like a costlier place for an MBA, the UK is home to numerous affordable universities and colleges for students who want to pursue an MBA below 20,000 GBP. Now that British institutions are trying to attract Indian students, they have reduced tuition fees for many different courses and MBA is one of them.
Popular Universities to Study MBA Below 20000 GBP
Let’s now explore some of the famous options for aspirants to pursue MBA below 20000 GBP in the UK:
|Universities||Average Tuition Fee for MBA programmes||Duration of MBA Programme|
|University of Northampton||£15,000 (INR 15.25 lakhs)||1 year|
|University of Ulster||£10,000 (INR 10.17 lakhs)||1 year|
|Leeds Beckett University||£10,000 (INR 10.17 lakhs)||1 year|
|University of Leicester||£20,000 (INR 20.34 lakhs)||1 year|
|University of West London||£15,000 (INR 15.25 lakhs)||1 year|
|University of Wales, Trinity Saint David||£10,000 (INR 10.17 lakhs)||1-1.5 years|
|Glyndwr University||£11,000 (INR 11.89 lakhs)||12-15 months|
|Glasgow Caledonian University||£11,000 (INR 11.89 lakhs)||1 year|
|Buckinghamshire New University||£10,500 (INR 10.68 lakhs)||15 months|
|London Metropolitan University||£9,500 (INR 9.66 lakhs)||12-15 months|
|Bedfordshire University||£11,250 (INR 11.5 lakhs)||1.5 years|
|Canterbury Christ Church University||£12,900 (INR 13.2 lakhs)||12 months|
|University of Suffolk||£11,000 (INR 11.2 lakhs)||11 months|
|University of East London||£15,000 (INR 15.3 lakhs)||1 year|
|Cardiff Metropolitan University||£9,000 (INR 9.2 lakhs)||12-16 months|
An MBA programme in the United Kingdom typically lasts one year, although, at some universities, it can last up to two years too. Furthermore, the country’s business institutions provide a plethora of online MBA courses. Let’s have a look at the eligibility requirements you’ll need to meet in order to apply for an MBA below 20000 GBP in the UK:
- The applicant must have completed 15 years of education, which is a requirement of the majority of universities in the UK.
- Further, the minimum work experience of 3 years (preferred 5 years) is also generally asked for.
- If you are fresher in the field of management, there are various other universities that offer MBA in UK without work experience.
- IELTS/PTE/TOEFL scores are also required.
- GMAT and GRE scores must align with those specified by your chosen university.
- Apart from the above-mentioned things, students must also submit their past official transcripts, SOP, LORs, submission essays, if asked by the university.
Explore the Different Types of Master’s Degrees!
The MBA colleges and b-schools in the UK offer a plethora of specialization programs in:
|Human Resources||Business Management||Entrepreneurship|
|MBA in Foreign Trade||Energy||Defence|
|Global Management||Information Technology||Operations Management|
|International Business||Healthcare Management||Fashion Designing|
How to Apply to UK Universities?
There is a fixed standard of papers and a precise method to finish the application procedure followed in the UK, much like any other institution across the world. Here’s a step-by-step guide to completing the admissions process in order to study in the UK:
- Research and find out the right university and course as per your interests. Take help from various overseas education consultants for professional guidance on the same.
- Collect the essentials such as passport copy, CV, academic transcripts, exam scores of IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT/GRE, etc.
- Get your statement of purpose (SOP) ready. It should highlight your educational qualifications, academic achievements, the purpose of pursuing a course, career goals, etc.
- All the UG applications to UK universities are submitted through the Universities and College Admission Service (UCAS) website. A single UCAS application form to study in the UK will give you a chance to apply to 5 universities at once for 5 different courses.
- For PG courses, candidates directly apply to the universities through online or offline mediums.
- You will have to submit the CAS Confirmation of acceptance letter to apply for the TIER-4 Student Visa.
Scholarships for MBA in UK
Scholarships are a wonderful way to fund your higher education overseas, especially if you want to do an MBA below 20,000 GBP in a country like the UK. These scholarships will help you to save some extra pennies on your tuition fee and other expenses. There are several scholarship possibilities available for Indian students interested in pursuing an MBA in the UK. We have collected a list of top MBA scholarships for you to pick from:
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Go Clean Scholarship
- Brokerfish International Student Scholarship
- The Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program
- Global Study Awards
- Hornby Scholarship
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarships
- The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships– University of Cambridge
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
- Chevening Scholarship
- University of East Anglia Scholarship
- Education Grants by Tata Trusts Academy Senior Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarships
Here is a complete list of Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in UK!
Work Permit after MBA in UK
If you are an international student and do not have an EEA (European Economic Area) or Swiss passport, you will need to apply for a visa to study and work in the UK. Students must apply for a Tier 4 UK study visa in order to study in the UK.
The UK government has just reinstated the post-study work (PSW) visa, which permits students to stay in the UK for two years after graduation. International students can work up to 20 hours per week part-time during their MBA studies and full-time while school is not in session. Once the student finished their MBA in the UK, they can apply for a Tier 2 sponsored visa if they have a job offer from a Tier 2 licenced company.
Thus, by pursuing an MBA below 20,000 GBP in the UK, you can open the door to a world of opportunities. As the deadlines for the new intake for the following year is approaching, you must gear yourself up for the rigorous admission procedures. Allow our Leverage Edu experts to guide you through the MBA admissions process and assist you with the application process and other procedures.