Ranked among the top universities in the UK and the world, the University of Sussex is a public research university based in England. The university is known for providing excellent education to students since 1959. Research at the University of Sussex is top-notch as its faculty includes various Nobel Prize winners. The University of Sussex offers more than 500 courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. MBA is one such program offered at the University of Sussex that stands out among the others. Here’s what you need to know about the University of Sussex MBA.
|University||University of Sussex|
|Motto in English||Be Still and Know|
|Location||England, United Kingdom|
|Type||Public Research University|
|No. of Campuses||1|
This Blog Includes:
- Why study the University of Sussex MBA?
- University of Sussex MBA Rankings
- MBA Program Overview- University of Sussex
- Program Duration- University of Sussex MBA
- Admission Requirements- University of Sussex MBA
- Application Deadlines- University of Sussex MBA
- How to apply?
- Documents Required
- Cost of Studying
- Sussex India Scholarship
Why study the University of Sussex MBA?
- The University of Sussex MBA is designed to help students develop the leadership needed in today’s business environment.
- Students are taught by leading academics and industry experts. Students gain a variety of management and leadership skills. The program helps to develop critical and strategic thinking.
- Students from around the world come to study MBA at Sussex and have experience in a range of industries. This diversity helps to delve into cross-cutting themes in the world of business.
- The University of Sussex MBA is an accredited course. The MBA program has been accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
University of Sussex MBA Rankings
The MBA program is offered at the University of Sussex Business School, the rankings mentioned below are based on the subject rankings of the university i.e. Business and Management:
- #8 in the UK for Graduate prospects on track in Business and Management Studies by the Complete University Guide 2022.
- Top 20 in the UK
- Top 60 in Europe
- World Top 200 – Global MBA ranking by the QS Global MBA Rankings 2022.
MBA Program Overview- University of Sussex
The program is divided into 2 modules i.e Core Modules and Optional Modules.
|Core Modules||Economic, Social, Political and Cultural Environment – Understanding Business Environments
Managing Operations and Quality (MBA)
Managing People and Organisations
Marketing Management (MBA)
Accounting and Financial Management (MBA)
Leadership and Personal Development
Applied Research Methods
|Optional||Management of Negotiation (MBA)
Strategic Brand Management
Program Duration- University of Sussex MBA
The program is offered in both full-time and part-time modes.
Admission Requirements- University of Sussex MBA
- To pursue the University of Sussex MBA program you must first be able to meet the eligibility criteria set by the University. The requirements are as mentioned below:
- You must hold a Bachelor’s degree with an overall mark of at least 50-65% depending on your university.
- You must have at least three years of management experience in a professional work environment.
English Language Requirements
As an international student you’re supposed to prove your English Proficiency through English Language Tests. The score requirements for the tests are as mentioned:
|IELTS||6.0 overall, including at least 5.5 in each component.|
|TOEFL iBT||80 overall, including at least 17 in Listening, 18 in Reading, 20 in Speaking, 17 in Writing|
|PTE||59 overall, including at least 59 in all four skills|
Join Leverage Live to score High in English Language Tests such as IELTS TOEFL PTE
The Indian School Certificate is accepted as an English Language Qualification at the University of Sussex if the grades are awarded by the following examination boards:
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) – English Core only: 70%
- Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) – English: 70%
Application Deadlines- University of Sussex MBA
The application deadline for international students who want to start the program are as mentioned:
|September 2022||August 1|
|January 2023||30 November|
How to apply?
You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked!
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your MBA program at University of Sussex.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Here is a quick checklist of all the important documents required for admission as an international student at the University of Sussex:
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Test Scores of GMAT (Not Necessary)
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- TB Test Certificate
- Financial Support Evidence
Cost of Studying
The tuition fees for pursuing an MBA at the University of Sussex for international students is as mentioned:
|MBA Program||Amount in GBP||Amount in INR|
|Tuition fees||£23,000||INR 23,35,131|
The average cost of living depends upon your personal choice. The estimated amount is as mentioned below in the table for your reference:
|Cost of living||Amount per month|
|On-Campus||£838 to £1,307
(INR 80,000- 1,00,000)
|Off-campus||£790 to £1,317
(INR 70,000 – 1,33,711)
Sussex India Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to students who have Indian nationality, are classed as ‘Overseas’ for fees purposes and are accepted to study an eligible Masters course at Sussex. The details for the scholarship are as follows:
|Type of Award||Tuition Fees Reduction|
|Funding Type||Sussex Funded|
|Eligibility||Be a national of India
Be classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes
Be taking up a place on a full-time Masters’s degree, starting in September 2022
|Deadline||1 September 2022|
Are you planning to study MBA at the University of Sussex? Call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 57 2000 for a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today!