Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is offered by the Trinity Business School at Trinity College Dublin. Trinity Business School is the #1 business school in Ireland and 19th among the Top Business Schools in Europe. TCD offers MBA in 3 modes- full-time, part-time, and flexible. If you want to study MBA at Trinity College Dublin then here is everything you need to know!
|Duration||1 year (Full Time)|
|Course Level||PG Degree|
|International Students Admission Website||Go to the website.|
|Type of University||Public|
|Year of establishment||1592|
Must Read: Study at Ireland’s #1 – Trinity College Dublin
This Blog Includes:
- About Trinity College Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin: University Rankings
- MBA at Trinity College Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin MBA Acceptance Rate
- Types of MBA
- Program and Curriculum
- Eligibility Requirements
- Document Checklist
- Trinity College Dublin Admission Process
- Trinity College Dublin MBA Deadlines
- Cost of MBA at Trinity College Dublin
- Career Scope and Placement Rates
- What Makes Trinity College MBA Unique?
- Student Visa for Ireland
About Trinity College Dublin
Trinity College Dublin is the oldest university in Ireland established in 1592. Trinity is Ireland’s highest-ranked university and is known for its teaching and research. It is spread across a 51-acre campus and combines historic architecture with state-of-the-art facilities for its students. It offers over 400 undergraduate and postgraduate graduate courses. The University is multicultural, with students from over 120 countries and 40% of its staff belonging to foreign countries. The University is the Alma mater of poet Oscar Wilde and singer-songwriter, Niall Horan, from the boy band One Direction.
Trinity College Dublin: University Rankings
|Universities Rankings- ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2022||#151-200|
|QS World University Ranking 2023||#98|
|University Ranking- THE (Times Higher Education) 2023||#161|
|Global Universities- US News & World Report 2023||#215|
Must Read: Trinity College Dublin Notable Alumni
MBA at Trinity College Dublin
The Trinity MBA is an intensive project-based program with a focus on real-world learning. Students gain experience in new industries and organizations, solving real-world business problems. Leadership and Professional Development are integral to the Trinity MBA. There are several workshops and industry guest lectures speaking on a range of leadership areas including resilience, developing effective teams, mastering personal change, and group dynamics. along with individual and team coaching. Top Recruiters of Trinity MBA graduates include Google, Amazon, EY, Microsoft, Bank of Ireland, McKinsey & Company, Deloitte, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
Trinity College Dublin MBA Acceptance Rate
Trinity College Dublin’s MBA acceptance rate is 36%. The university is regarded as competitive and highly selective. The committee looks at a student’s academic achievements, professional experience, business ethics, GMAT scores, and recommendations. Create a solid profile to increase your chances of acceptance.
Types of MBA
The different types of MBA programs provided at Trinity College Dublin are given below:
The Full-time MBA is a one-year course. The Trinity Full Time MBA ranked 77th in the world, 1st in Ireland, 9th in the UK and Ireland, and 27th in Europe (2022 QS Global MBA Rankings).
The Trinity Executive MBA or the part-time MBA is delivered over 2 years on a part-time basis. The Trinity Executive MBA was ranked 19th in Europe and 44th in the World.
Flexible Executive MBA
This program is delivered 80% online and 20% on campus over two years. Meant for busy professionals, the flexible program offers fortnightly coursework schedules, numerous electives to choose from and projects, live virtual lectures on playback, and access to the new Business School Matrix Room which allows you to customize your MBA to suit your needs.
Program and Curriculum
The Master of Business Administration at TCD is a full-time, one-year on-campus programme divided into three semesters. Students must attend at least 20 hours of class every week. Students work on projects in various industries such as MNCs, the social sector, SMEs, and so on. You can choose between two smaller projects or one project plus two more electives. The curriculum of the course is as follows:
- Michaelmas Term – You will be taught five main modules throughout this term, which will include a mix of lectures, guest speakers, live action-based learning, projects, and workshops. This term runs from September through December. This term starts with an orientation week in Belmullet, County Mayo, Ireland, followed by module instruction. Furthermore, an MBA Strategic Company Project will allow you to put your knowledge and talents to use. The modules are as follows:
- Leadership Development (LEAD)
- Financial Reporting for Managers
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Financial Management
- Economics for a Global Market
- Leadership and Organizational Behaviour
- Hilary Term – You will be taught five modules with ongoing live-action during this term. This term runs from January to March. You have the option of attending an optional residential/elective week in Belgium, where you will receive the greatest training for the ‘Program on Negotiations.’ Another ‘MBA Strategic Company Project’ will be launched. The module includes the following components:
- Leadership Development (LEAD)
- Business & Society
- Operations Strategy
- Management and Organization
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Marketing Strategy
- Negotiating for Value (Elective)
- Trinity Term – During this term, you will be taught one module as well as a variety of electives and live-action learning projects. This semester is taught from April to August, with the option of attending an optional residential/ elective week at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. The module includes:
|Leadership Development (LEAD)||Leading with Business Analytics and AI|
|Company Project: MBA Strategic Company Project (with an MNC or Leading Domestic Player)||Leadership and Grand Challenges|
|Company Project: MBA Strategic Company Project (with an MNC or Leading Domestic Player)||Technology Trends|
|Company Project: MBA Social Enterprize Project (with an SME)||Entrepreneurial Finance|
|Company Project: MBA Scaling Project (with a Social Organization)||International Business|
|Elective – Management and Sustainability (Module in the Elective Week or Residential Week in South Africa in June).||International Finance|
|–||Strategic Resource Management|
Here are the eligibility requirements for pursuing MBA at Trinity College:
- A degree, professional qualification or track record of business achievement
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of professional or managerial work experience
- Preferred minimum GMAT score of 550, or equivalent GRE score. (For Full-time MBA)
- Preferred minimum GMAT Executive Assessment score of 140/200. (For Part-time MBA and Flexible Executive MBA)
- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL IBT 90 for non-native English speakers
- Completely filled the application form
- Copy of degree certificate or transcript of your results
- Copy of IELTS or TOEFL test scores
- Copy of GMAT or GRE score report or test date if you have not yet undertaken a test.
- Self-attested X & XII mark sheets and certificates
- 2 references showcasing your skills and experience
- Passport/Identification Card
- Letter of Recommendation
- Proof of funds
Also Read: Universities in Dublin
Trinity College Dublin Admission Process
Trinity College Dublin has a simple 4 step admission process for its MBA program:
Step 1: Complete your Application Form
Visit the university’s official website, select the course and fill out the online application form. Make sure you compile all the required documents and test scores for the application process. GMAT/GRE and IELTS/TOEFL (for non-native English speakers) are mandatory parts of the documents required for the application process. Register for Leverage Live and commence with your preparations today with ease. Submit your application and pay the application fee.
Step 2: Prepare for the Interview
Candidates who are successful and meet the eligibility requirements are required to appear for an interview with the MBA Director to discuss their motivations and background. This also allows the candidates to learn more about the program from the MBA director.
Step 3: Hang Tight for the Evaluation Period
The university will take a few weeks to evaluate the application form. You will be informed via email about your acknowledgement or rejection. You may receive a conditional offer or an unconditional offer.
Step 4: Accept your Offer
The last step is to accept your offer letter and meet the conditional requirements to secure your place. Students are also required to pay a non-refundable deposit at the time of accepting the offer
Must Read: Top Colleges in Ireland
Trinity College Dublin MBA Deadlines
During September, Trinity College Dublin has only one intake. For fall intake, the deadline is July 31, 2023. You can apply for the programme online or through an education agent. There is a €40 application fee. After applying to Trinity College Dublin, you will receive feedback through email within two weeks. Following that, you must pay a non-refundable fee of €1,500 to secure your seat at the school.
Cost of MBA at Trinity College Dublin
The fees for studying MBA at Trinity College Dublin are listed in the table below:
|Full-Time MBA||€36,500 (INR 31,19,935.44)|
|Part-Time MBA||€18,250 per year (INR 15,59,845.75)|
|Flexible Executive MBA||€18,250 per year (INR 15,59,845.75)|
|Application fee||€40 (INR 3,420.10)|
|Non-refundable deposit on acceptance of your place||€1,500 (INR 1,28,209.31)|
Career Scope and Placement Rates
TCD’s Professional Development Team will assist you in evaluating, identifying, and finalising a professional path. They will also provide personalised materials and assistance for your career objectives. Mock interviews, workshops, one-on-one career chats, guest lectures, career management plans, wage benchmarking, and more will be available for you to attend and obtain clarity about your career. The ‘Vault Career Inside platform is the primary resource for students to explore career choices. After completing their Master’s in Business Administration, students’ starting salaries improved by 48%.
Trinity’s MBA students can take any of the following roles after completing their MBA from Trinity College Dublin:
- HR Associate
- Digital Business Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Sales Development Representative
- Strategy & Operations Manager
- Associate Consultant
- Account Executive
- Client Service Associate
The average starting salary of the course is $80,000 and the placement rate of the program is 80%.
Must Read: Duolingo Accepted Universities in Ireland
What Makes Trinity College MBA Unique?
Here are some reasons why the MBA program of Trinity College Dublin is unique from the rest of the colleges:
- Overall Development: As a Trinity student, you will be exposed to a learning environment that emphasises leadership and professional development. You identify and create a leadership role that suits you and in which you are well-versed and self-aware. Highly experienced teachers and industry specialists teach and educate these future leaders in areas such as resilience, successful team development, personal growth, and group dynamics.
- Experiential Learning: Throughout the term, Trinity College Dublin has a live-action plan that generates multiple projects under the umbrellas of several sectors. These projects allow students to apply classroom knowledge to real-world challenges and produce solutions via planning, strategy, and effort. You work in groups with the company’s senior management.
- Diversity: TCD MBA students and instructors come from a varied population with different classes, nationalities, races, and so on. These students and teachers come from all over the world and bring a global perspective to their teaching and learning activities.
- Research Facilities: At Trinity Business School, research is both a collaborative and an individual undertaking. The basic component of research is an inquisitive human intellect seeking solutions to managerially relevant challenges. A major percentage of the job is done alone or in small, national, or worldwide teams. In general, our study falls into various thematic categories. These are not exclusive themes, and we all work on a wide range of projects, both individually and collaboratively.
Student Visa for Ireland
Students need to apply for a C-type study visa for courses that lasts less than 3 months (90 days) or a D-type study visa for courses that lasts longer than 3 months. In addition, non-EU/EEA students have to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau, which grants them permission to stay in Ireland beyond the initial 90 days. The following documents are required while applying for a Student Visa to Ireland:
- Valid Passport
- Letter of Acceptance from the college/university
- Proof of payment of the registration and tuition fees
- Proof of funds to support your stay
- Two passport-size photographs
- Study Permit
- Copies of all academic qualifications and exam results
- Evidence for explaining any gaps in the educational history of the candidate
- English Proficiency
- Medical Insurance
- Any additional requirements by the university
Post Study Visa
- Under the Third Level Graduate Scheme Permission scheme, Non-EU/EEA students who have completed their graduation from Irish higher education institutions are allowed to stay in Ireland for up to 24 months to seek employment.
- After gaining employment, the student becomes eligible to apply for a Green Card/Work Permit
Must Read: SOP for Ireland
Trinity College Dublin’s MBA programme is an excellent alternative for students wishing to advance their careers and expand their business skills. The curriculum of the programme is well-structured and provides a balance of theoretical principles and practical experiences. Faculty members are seasoned professionals in various industries, and they offer students valuable insights and mentorship. The prestige of Trinity College Dublin as a top-ranked university gives students access to a large network of alumni, industry professionals, and possible employers. This network is crucial for landing internships, and jobs, and establishing professional connections.
Overall, the MBA programme at Trinity College Dublin is a world-class business degree that provides students with a pleasant learning experience. Graduates of the programme are well-prepared to pursue successful employment in a wide range of industries, both in Ireland and around the world.
Ans. The Trinity MBA is a project-based intense programme aimed to develop unique and global leaders. Whether you want to advance your present profession or switch to a different industry, you will obtain the information, skills, and network to get there.
Ans. Criteria for admission. Minimum GMAT* score of 600 is preferred, or a comparable GRE score. Take our GMAT Mini-Test.
Ans. Trinity will unlock the information, skills, and network required to realise your goals in a rigorous 12-month program, whether you wish to accelerate your present career or switch to a different industry.
Planning to study MBA at Ireland’s #1 university? Then fret not, your admission letter is just a call away! Call us Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 and let us take care of your journey to Ireland!